Idiot

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 52: Idiot

 

My life is destined to be a tragedy..

I’m always being a bad luck..

I’m always making mistake..

I always end up hurting people who I love..

 

Jung Taekwoon was standing in front of the window, contemplating about his life. He thought he was changed, but he wasn’t. He couldn’t believe he deliberately hurt Sukyeon just because he was jealous.

“How could I make this horrible plan? I must be crazy...” Taekwoon muttered while rubbing his face feeling frustrated.

At the same time, Jaehwan opened the door of his bed room. “Hyung, breakfast is ready..”

“Just have it without me..” Taekwoon softly responded without looking at Jaehwan.

Jaehwan sighed and walked closer to him. “Hyung, come on, don’t be like this.. Will you going to miss breakfast, lunch, dinner, like what you did back then? Sukyeon must be sad if she know about this...”

Hearing Sukyeon’s name, Taekwoon was bending his head down, he was embarrassed. “I hurt her, Hwan ah..”

“Yes, you did.. So just apologize..” Jaehwan said it firmly.

Meanwhile Taekwoon responded in a weak tone. “I don’t deserve her forgiveness..”

“Who are you to decide?” Jaehwan directly responded. “Hyung listen, you’ve come so far to get over your insecurity, so don’t get back to square one.. If you made a mistake, admit it, forgive yourself, and seek her forgiveness.. How could she forgive you if you couldn’t even forgive yourself?”

Taekwoon looked up to see Jaehwan, but then he bent his head again. “She must having a hard time because of me..”

Jaehwan sighed. “For your information, I called Sukyeon few minutes ago and she was having breakfast with Hyuk and Hakyeon Hyung..” Jaehwan paused for a while and said, “She’s fine, Hyung... She’s a super girl..”

Taekwoon looked up and chuckled softly. “Guess, in dealing with problems, you both are better than me..”

Jaehwan smiled and said. “So, would you go down along with me or should I drag you out, Hyung?”

Taekwoon gave in and followed Jaehwan downstairs.

 

-00-

 

At the same time, in Sukyeon’s apartment.

“What will you do today, noona?” Hyuk asked.

“Mmm.. I think I want to go around again, try to ease my mInd.. “ Sukyeon said it before starting to eat her porridge.

“Again? Should I acompany you?” Hyuk offered.

“Ya you punk! We have schedule this noon..” Hakyeon hit Hyuk’s head with spoon then turned to Sukyeon. “Enjoy your time, little sis.. Just breathe the fresh air at the mountain or enjoy the wind at the beach is good..”

“Nee Oppaa..” Sukyeon smiled to her Oppa, but then bit her lip before asking, “Was I making chaos, yesterday?”

“You weren’t, noona! He was!” Hyuk directly replied.

Hakyeon was eyeing Hyuk before answering Sukyeon’s question. “Don’t worry Yeon ah... Everything is fine..”

Sukyeon pouted, she wasn’t satisfied with her Oppa’s answer. “You know, I don’t want to hear a lie..”

“Even if there was chaos, everything was solved.. Don’t worry...” Hakyeon tried to convince her.

Hearing her Oppa’s words, Sukyeon could only said, “I’m sorry..”

“Yaaa noona, it’s not you who should apologize!” Hyuk screamed over Sukyeon apology.

But Hakyeon hit Hyuk’s head again “It’s you, Han Sanghyuk!”. He turned to Sukyeon and said it again, “Don’t worry...”

While massaging his head, Hyuk pouted. “How it could be me? It’s you Hyung.. it’s you..”

Sukyeon could only force a smile. She knew the House’s members were also having a hard time because of the fight between her and Taekwoon.

 

-00-

 

Taekwoon had scheduled to discuss with the lecturers about the musical he held the day before. He was actually still not in his mood to talk about the musical, but he needed to since it was determine his study. There in the meeting, the lecturers gave him critiques and suggestion about the musical. Even though there was still lacking in few ways, but they decided to give a high mark in Taekwoon’s final project. Taekwoon should have been happy, but he couldn’t help to be sad remembering that this musical was intend to hurt Sukyeon. Moreover when one of the lecturers asked him, “I heard something happened at the backstage after we left, could you tell us about this, Jung Taekwoon ssi?”

Taekwoon could only sigh. He had no energy to explain, so he only answered that it was something he couldn’t explain in the meeting.

 

Feeling so tired, Taekwoon came out from the building with a deep sigh. But then someone was coming closer to him. He looked up, and that time he knew he would get more tired after this.

“Jung Taekwoon ssi.. We need to talk..” Im Jaebum said it a firm tone, that Taekwoon dislike. He always dislike this guy’s bold personality.

 

Then they went to the park and had some talk.

“Have you apologized to Chasuk----yeon?” That was the first thing that came out from Jaebum’s mouth.

Very direct, dude.. Taekwoon eyed Jaebum but then sighed, feeling embarrassed.

“She haven’t give me time ---- yet..” Taekwoon answered slowly. A part of him couldn’t believe that he was communicating with this jerk.

Jaebum let out a deep sigh. “I should’ve told you long ago..”

Taekwoon turned his head. “What do you mean?”

“I guess she hadn’t tell you about it..”

Taekwoon was confused over Jaebum’s answer.

“Well, let me tell you what exactly happened before you punched me back then...”

 

Flashback.

At the day Jaebum did his real confession.

“Chasuk, can you not mention his name?”

“Uhm?” Sukyeon was surprised to hear his question.

“Do you know how precious this time for me? I was really grateful that Prof Nam has given me a chance to be with you again.. I want you just to give me not even a day, but a few hours.. after that you can go back to him..” Jaebum told Sukyeon.

“Imjae, what are you talking about?” Sukyeon was confused how to react to Jaebum’s request.

“After the musical ended, you were avoiding me, weren’t you?” Jaebum asked with a serious look.

“Avoiding you? No.. I’m not.. No..” Sukyeon stuttered as she tried to hide the truth that it was true that she avoiding him after Romeo & Juliet musical ended.

“Don’t lie.. I can feel it.. “ Jaebum said while looking at the ground. He softly said,“I miss you, Chasuk..”

Sukyeon was flustered. She didn’t know how to respond Jaebum, so she tried to stop him for saying another words. “Aaah I think it will be dark soon, let’s go back, Jaebum ah..” She stood up and started to walk when Jaebum held her hand, stopping her.

 “Cha Sukyeon..” He called her name and made her to look at him. “I dont know whether I will have a chance to see you again or not.. So, I have to say it this time..” He looked into Sukyeon’s eyes deeply and said, “I really like you, Cha Sukyeon..”

Sukyeon looked at his eyes deeply and she felt that her heartbeat started to beat so fast. But then she snapped back herself to reality. “Bhahahahahaaa.. Im Jaebum, that’s really funny.. Wow, you’re so good in acting.. But I won’t fall for your joke.. It’s just the same as what you did in the casting, right? Ha ha ha..” Sukyeon tried to change the flow of the conversation, but Jaebum was standing frozen. His gaze showed a deep disappointment.

 “Do you think I’m just acting? Do you think I’m just kidding?” He asked in a deep voice, showing that he really mean the question.

“Is it... not?” Sukyeon foolishly asked.

Jaebum sighed. “Can’t you feel my sincerity?”

Sukyeon bit her lip, couldn’t answer his question.

“Do you remember what you said when we were stuck in the elevator? You told me that I shouldn’t laugh to see you scared..  You said to me that I should think before acting because I would never know what you might have experienced to make you scared like that..” He gave Sukyeon an intense gaze before asking, “But what are you doing right now?”

“Imjae ya...” Sukyeon was speechless.

Jaebum rubbed his face, felt so frustrated over Sukyeon. But then she face Sukyeon again and said, “You’re the first one who believe me even without knowing me..”

Looking Sukyeon was confused over what he said, Jaebum tried to explain to her on how could he fall for Sukyeon.

“My parents got divorce when I was in middle school. Law gave the custody of me and my hyung to my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter