Plus Two

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4: Plus Two

 

On Sunday Morning

“Morniiiing!” Jaehwan greeted his housemates as he entered the dining room.

“Morning Hwanniee..” Sukyeon replied his greeting with Jaehwan’s cute nickname. That was when Taekwoon who sat in front of her threw a gaze on her.

“Morning Taekwoonnie hyung..” Jaehwan greeted and sat next to him.

Taekwoon turned and stared at Jaehwan.

“Oh! Wae? Wae? Am I saying something wrong?” Jaehwan was startled.

“Taek-woon.” Taekwoon said it softly but firm.

Jaehwan who didn’t understand, asked again, “Wae?”

“He didn’t want to be called Taekwoonnie, Hwannieyaa..” Sukyeon explained.

“Aaah..” Jaehwan finally understood, but then he asked again, “Why? That’s cute, isn’t it? Hwannie, Yeonnie, Taekwoonnie.. Sounds cute, right?” He laughed.

But Taekwoon then gripped the back of Jaehwan’s neck, and Jaehwan waved a white flag. “Okay, okay, hyung.. I’m not gonna call you that..”

Sukyeon who watched it, could only shake her head.

“Anyway, where’s Hakyeon hyung?” Jaehwan asked.

“He sleepover in JFE building. Practice till late night.” Sukyeon answered while eating her triangle kimbab.

“Oooh.. So, it’s just only the three of us? How about going outside? I mean this is Sunday, we should going around and having fun!” Jaehwan was giving his idea. “Hyung, do you have any idea where should we going?” Jaehwan asked Taekwoon.

But Taekwoon remained silent as he still munched his kimbab.

There was silent for a while as Jaehwan waiting for Taekwoon’s answer. But then, Sukyeon took the conversation. ”He didn’t want to join us, just let him be...”

That was when Taekwoon threw a gaze on Sukyeon (again).

“Oooh, really? Mmm. Okay.. Then, where should we going, Yeonnieya?”

“Mmm, I don’t know... Just decide it while we walk later..”

“Okay!” Jaehwan said yes as he started to eat his kimbab.

 

-00-

 

After breakfast, Sukyeon was getting ready for going out with Jaehwan. Didn’t took so long, she was ready with lime green casual plain dress and thin grey cardigan. She went downstairs and called Jaehwan, “Hwannieyaa, I’m ready..”

“Wait for me Yeon ah.. I still have some business to do..” Jaehwan answered from the bathroom.

“Okaaay..” Sukyeon laughed and then waited for him while sitting in the dining room.

Then Taekwoon also went downstairs with his white plain T-shirt and blue cap. He passed Sukyeon but didn’t say anything, wore the shoes and went away.

Heol. He didn’t even say bye or something? Am I invisible? Sukyeon complained as she was looking Taekwoon went away.

“Done!” Jaehwan said it as he opened the bathroom door. “Let’s go!

 

-00-

 

“Where are we going Sukyeon ah?” Jaehwan asked.

“Mmm how about tour de campus?”

“Heey, we already going to campus every day, why do we have to be there too on weekend?” Jaehwan refused.

“Chung Ang is big, right? We didn’t even go to the legendary Blue Dragon pond yet.. We haven’t going around instead our daily class”

“Well.. you’re right.. Okay! Let’s go!”

 

As they arrived at their campus, they directly went to the Blue Dragon pond as the famous spot in Chung Ang.

“Oooh, please take a picture of me, Hwan ah..” Sukyeon said it while giving Jaehwan her phone.

“Okay! 3, 2, 1.. Click!” Jaehwan captured Sukyeon who was smiling at the edge of the pond.

Then Jaehwan said, “Me too.. me too..”

When Sukyeon just wanted to took her phone to captured Jaehwan, he said, “No.. Just take it together..” Then he was standing next to Sukyeon and captured both of them smiling together with the background of Blue Dragon pond.

“Woah, it’s nice!” Jaehwan commented on how they look good together in that picture.

“Hey, I haven’t noticed that you wear grey polo shirt, Hwan ah..” Sukyeon realized that they wear the same color outfit.

“O yeah, I also just realized it.. Woah, we look like a couple..” Jaehwan smiled so bright.

 

Then they moved to the Central Library area.

“Do you want to get in?” Jaehwan asked Sukyeon.

“No, thanks..” Sukyeon gave a quick answer.

“Seems you’re not a book worm, Sukyeon ah..”

“I prefer singing than reading..”

“Then just singing something..” Jaehwan requested her to sing.

“Now?” Sukyeon surprised at Jaehwan sudden request.

“Yes.. just pick a song that can be the back sound of our tour..”

“Mmm.. let me think for a while..” Sukyeon said it and then she added, “Oh! IU- Good day?”

“Wow! Sounds great! Yes yes..” Jaehwan said it enthusiastically.

 

Then Sukyeon started to sing IU – Good day (A/N: think of it like a musical)

Why is the sky so much bluer?

Why is the breeze so perfect today?

Sukyeon sang it in front of Jaehwan, walking backwards.

 

Sukyeon then moved to Jaehwan’s left side.
Pretending like I don’t know
Like I didn’t hear a thing, like I erased it.

 

Sukyeon then moved to Jaehwan’s right side.
Should we start talking about something else?
Should we kiss so we can’t say anything?

And when she reached the lyric kiss, she covered her lips, and Jaehwan laughed.

 

Then Sukyeon took Jaehwan’s right hand and made him a bit run.

My eyes fill with tears, so I lift my head up
I smile a little so they won’t fall

 

She suddenly stopped run and loosen Jaehwan’s hand
Why are you like this to me, what are you saying?
All the things we talked about go to the sky

 

Sukyeon went around Jaehwan and it made him turned his head to follow her move.
The words I have never said
The words I didn’t know I’d say as I cried

 

Sukyeon then stopped in front of him, and sing...
I like you, oppa, what do I do?

 

Listening Sukyeon’s singing made Jaehwan blushing.

“Do you like me, Sukyeon ah?” Jaehwan asked Sukyeon as he crossed his arm around Sukyeon’s neck, to avoid eye contact.

“What???” She loosened Jaehwan’s arms. “I’m just singing.. You said, I should sing a song.. Cz today is just so good, Good day is the first song I thought..” Sukyeon was giving an explanation.

“I got it.. I got it, Yeon ah.. I just playfully asked.. Why are you so serious?” Jaehwan and she was blushing. “Oooh, look at those red cheeks.. Seems you really like me, Sukyeon ah.. hahaha”

“Damn you Lee Jaehwan!” Sukyeon pouted and punched his arm.

“Oooh, it hurts..” Jaehwan was acting hurt to more.

They were laughing together.

 

Then they reached the Art Center, the area where was the Central Hall, the place where Musical Performance held.

“Woaaah.. So this is the place we’re gonna do a musical?” Sukyeon asked Jaehwan as she surprised how gorgeous the stage is.

“Yeah.. It’s beautiful, isn’t it?”

“Hu um.. Ah, when I can perform here?” Sukyeon asked to herself.

“Well, I heard there is an open musical every semester. Junior students are preferred cz it’s kinda training to perform in this big stage, but of course the audience are internal students.. but I think that is still great.. ” Jaehwan gave her info.

“Yeah, that’s still great! We should try it!”

“Of course, I’ll let you know if I get another info..”

 

Then they moved again to another place. They reached the Gymnasium and walked to the stadium behind it.

“Hwan ah, come here!” Sukyeon called Jaehwan as she reached the gate of the stadium.

“Woaah, seems like there is a football match..” Jaehwan said it as he looked at the field.

“Wait..” Sukyeon looked at the board that showed the time of the match. “Aaah, it’s already 75 minutes.. We’re late..”

“And the score is already 4-2..” Jaehwan added.

“Hu um.. it’s not interesting anymore..” Sukyeon said it while she turned to go back outside the stadium. But she suddenly stopped when she noticed someone on the spectator’s seat.

She looked at that person. Is that Jung Taekwoon?

She looked at Jung Taekwoon who was silently watched the match. But she noticed something else. What’s with that eyes? Why it looks... sad?

She was drowning on her questions, when Jaehwan also noticed that there was Taekwoon there.

“Oh! Taekwoon Hyuuu” Jaehwan couldn’t finished his words, cz Sukyeon covered his mouth.

“Don’t disturb him, Hwan ah.. Let’s go..” Sukyeon said it while loosening her hands from Jaehwan’s mouth.

“Why?” Jaehwan innocently asked Sukyeon.

“Because I’m hungry.. If you greeted him, then we should sit there until the match’s end, right? I can’t..” Sukyeon was lying.

Jaehwan laughed. “Okay.. let’s get some food..”.

 

-00-

 

Then they went outside campus and got into fast food corner. In the middle of eating, there were two guys who walked with huge bag and suitcase, like they’re just moving. Jaehwan who watched them from inside the restaurant, noticed it.

“Oh! Wait...” Jaehwan got up and went outside.

Sukyeon looked at Jaehwan and realized that he went to those guys outside. They were talking for a while, then he invited them to get inside.

“Yeon ah, do you mind if I have guests?” Jaehwan asked.

“Oh, It’s okay..” Sukyeon said it as she moved to the chair next to her, to let the guy sit.

“Yeon ah, this is my friend, Lee Hongbin. And this is Hongbin’s friend, Kim.. who?” Jaehwan asked that guy.

“Kim Wonshik..” That guy answered.

“And this is Cha Sukyeon..” Sukyeon made a bow to the guys.

“Your girlfriend?” Hongbin asked as he sat next to Jaehwan, while Wonshik sat next to Sukyeon.

“No... she’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter