Fight

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 47: Fight

 

“That day was my bad day..” Sukyeon claimed.

Youngji laughed and then asked. “But what did happen? Have you experienced something bad?”

“Well, it’s not a big accident, actually.. When I’m 5 years old I was accidentally locked up in a car..”

“Locked up? Why’d you never tell me?”

“It’s not important, Ji...”

“How?”

“Well, that weekend, when I spent the day with Dad and Oppa only –because mom had to go to grandma’s house- Dad got a phone call from his boss telling him to come to the office to bring him some documents, so Dad brought me and Oppa along to his office. But on our way, I fell asleep.. Because Dad thought it wouldn’t take much time to finish his work with his boss, he decided to leave me in the car with the Oppa’s supervision. But when I woke up, I was alone inside the car, in the dark of basement, locked up, sweating so much, and having hard breathing..”

“Oh My God.. Where is your oppa?”

“He played outside the building..” Sukyeon answer while laughing.

“How could you laugh? You could be suffocated there..” Youngji said in worry.

“Yeah, moreover nobody’s going around the building since it was on weekend,.. So for quite some times, I was crying and crying begging for help.. Fortunately, Oppa came before I passed out.. He looked so scared to see me crying. He tried to open the door but he couldn’t, he ran inside the office and called my Dad.. And finally I was safe..” Sukyeon ended her story with smile.

“Your Oppa must regret it so much..”

“Yep.. He was scolded by Dad after that.. Somehow I pitied him, he was still a 7 years old kid who didn’t know if he closed the door and the window can make his sister in danger.. He said he didn’t want anybody disturb my sleep while he was playing outside..” Sukyeon laughed again.

“But it was a bad coincidence that the door was locked up.. I mean, if he can close the door, you can open it too..”

“It was not a coincidence.. Since it’s an old car, it was kind of hard to open it.. Basically it wasn’t locked, but it was just us – a weak kid- who couldn’t open it..”

Youngji laughed. “Yeon ah.. Yeon ah.. How many times you escape death? The walnut accident and this.. Hahaha.. You’re similar with my cat..”

“Yaaa! How could you say.. geez.. you really..”

“So that’s why you have trauma being in tiny dark space?”

“Not that I have trauma.. I’m just scared.. Because when he shut off the flash light and not answering, it felt the same.. a feeling when you’re alone and something bad could happen to you.. and—“

“You’re a drama queen..” Youngji cut her dramatize explanation.

Sukyeon could only grin.

 

“Anyway, back to the topic.. So, how about you and Jaebum?”

“What how?”

“What did he do after that?”

“Mmm.. I don’t know.. But since that day, wherever I went he showed up.. calling me—“

“Chasuk..” Youngji said the nickname Jaebum’s gave to Sukyeon.

“Yeah! Not Sukyeon or Cha Sukyeon but Chasuk.. without ssi or noona.. How could he call me that?”

“Then?”

“Mmm... he likes to have a debate with me.. Basically he’s just annoying me..”

“He just wanted to get your attention..”Youngji pointed out.

“Probably..”

“Then he confessed to you that day, at the audition?”

“Yup.”

“I saw it.. He’s crazy..”

“Yes! He’s indeed crazy.. and you know what Taek-ssi confronted him at the judging break time..”

“What??”

“Yeah, I knew it from Sehun.. He told me...”

 

At judging break time, all of participants and audiences have been asked to wait outside the hall while waiting for the judges to choose the cast. At that time, Taekwoon confronted Jaebum.

Taekwoon blocked Jaebum and said firmly, “Don’t play with my girlfriend.”

Jaebum smirked. “Excuse me, what are you talking about?”

Getting that respond, Taekwoon went forward. While giving his sharp gaze he said,“Cha Sukyeon is my girlfriend. I don’t like your attitude to her back at the audition.”

“Aaah..” Jaebum nodded as he signed him that he understands what he means, but he added, “How’s my acting? It must be so good to make you react like this..” Jaebum responded in relax.

Taekwoon who tried to be calm, was shot in fire with his respond. He bent his head down to match Jaebum’s level and said, “I don’t care about your acting. I want you to stay away from my girlfriend.. Do you get it?”

Jaebum chuckled. “Chill, man.. I just did my best at my audition stage.. I really want to get in to the musical..  And I just take your girlfriend’s help for a bit.. I don’t know if she can help me more in the future..”

Jaebum’s words fueled Taekwoon’s anger. Before Taekwoon could land his fist on Jaebum’s face, Sunggyu successfully blocked him and calmed him.

“I got to go.. excuse me..” Jaebum then excuse to go leaving the anger Taekwoon to be calmed by Sunggyu.

 

“Woah, he was jealous..” Youngji commented on Sukyeon’s story.

“It’s okay if he’s only jealous.. but he started to suspecting me.. He suspected me to deliberately choose Jaebum to join the cast.. while it was not my decision.. It was judges’ decision, and I’m not the only one judge.”

Youngji laughed to see Sukyeon’s desperate words, but then she added, “But you and Jaebum got closer after that.. Am I wrong?”

Sukyeon sighed. “He was my cast and I was the scriptwriter.. We always met at the practice time.. So, how can I didn’t close to him?”

“But you were caught when you hang out with him off the practice time, weren’t you?”

“Aaaah..that’s..”

 

That night after practicing the Romeo&Juliet musical, Jaebum waited Sukyeon.

 “Yaa Chasuk! I’m hungry..” He said while walking next to Sukyeon.

Sukyeon only replied with, “So?”

“Accompany me to get dinner...”

“Why should I?” Sukyeon responded lazily.

“You should responsible over me.”

Listened to Jaebum’s answer made Sukyeon stopped her walk. “Responsible over you?”

“Yes, you’re the script writer, you starve me till late night.. I can sue you for starving the cast to death..”

“Heol.. Who starved you?”

“Whatever, just accompany me..” Jaebum said that as he took Sukyeon’s hand to follow him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter