The Plan

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 13: The Plan

 

Taekwoon saw Sukyeon standing inside the toilet awkwardly. He threw a judging stare but didn’t say anything. Then he just walked back to the dining room.

Meanwhile Sukyeon cursed herself. Babo!

 

-00-

 

Sukyeon was still thinking about the coach-nim call the whole day, and fortunately she saw someone who maybe could give her a hint of what truly happened.

"Doojoon oppa!"

Doojoon who just walked to the cafeteria suddenly stopped and turned to see Sukyeon.

Sukyeon approached him and asked, "Oppa.. I want to ask you something.. "

"What is that?"

"Do you know an old man who’s the surname is Choi?"

"Oh! Choi coach-nim?"

"Yes! Him! Mmm.. Who is he?"

"He is.. Choi coach-nim.." Doojoon simply answered.

Sukyeon sighed. "Heish.. I know.. I mean, he's not our team coach, right? Why do you all call him coach-nim?"

"He's the coach of our team's coach, Yeon ah... He's the former coach of National Youth Team.." Doojoon said with full of admiral.

"Coach of National Youth team?"

"Yeah, but he was just retired this year.. He became our team coach's mentor now.."

"Well, do you have his phone number?"

Doojoon looked surprised. "Woah.. Sukyeon ah.. I don't know that your man style is like that.. "

Sukyeon hit his arm.

"It's not that I like him Oppa.. I have some business with him.. "

"Business?? Woah Daebak.."

"Just give me his phone number, hurry.. " Sukyeon smirked

"Okay.. Okay.. "

Then Doojoon gave her Coach-nim phone number.

"Thank you Oppa.. You’re the best!" Sukyeon gave him a thumbs up and went away.

 

-00-

 

Sukyeon called Choi coach-nim and asked to meet. Fortunately the coach-nim was in the soccer meeting room, so Sukyeon ran there to meet him face to face.

"Anyeonghaseyo Choi coach-nim.. " Sukyeon bowed as the coach walk closer.

The coach smiled and sat on the bleachers. Then Sukyeon sat next to him.

"What is the thing you want to ask me, Sukyeon ssi?"

"Choi coach-nim.. Mmm.. Is that true you ask Taekwoon ssi to substitute Kikwang ssi?"

"Yeah.. Did he tell you?"

"Ah! No.. But.." Sukyeon paused "How do you know him?"

"Well, I coach the National Youth Team before, and Taekwoon is one of the player. "

"He's the player of National Youth Team??" Sukyeon asked in surprised.

Woah.. Sukyeon couldn’t believe what she just heard.

"He's a double deathly strikers with Kwang.. If they play together then the opponent team will definitely get scared."

Sukyeon smiled as she hears that. "Then.. Why is he not playing anymore?"

Coach-nim was silent for a while, then said, "He injured his ankle when playing against Japanese National Youth Team. When the match was only 15 minutes left, the game's tension got so high, moreover when the Japanese led the game with 2-1. Taekwoon who really wanted to turn the game, did extra effort. He made a sudden turn to catch the ball, but one of the Japanese players tackled him down. That was made his ankle twisted hard enough. The ligaments stretched beyond their natural range of motion. And it made him had to rest for two months."

"Two months?? Woah.. That's long.."

"Yeah.. It was a serious injury.."

"Then.. H-he's not playing football again because of that?" She paused and continued, "Wait, you said that he recovered in two months.. So, he will be fine just by now, won’t he?"

"That's why I offer him to take a medical checkup before joining, to check whether his ankle is fine or not. But I think, he has fully recovered by now. So there's no problem with his ankle."

"Or maybe he just have the fear of getting injured again.. Well I don't know either.. But.. I want to watch him play again.. Choi coach-nim, I will try to pursue him to get back on the field.." Sukyeon said with a broad smile.

Coach-nim smiled. "I hope you can pursue him, Sukyeon ssi.. "

"Yes.. So.. May I ask for Kikwang’s phone number, coach-nim? I think I'll need his help."

"Well, I’m usually not giving his phone number to anyone.. You know he's kinda famous.. But I will give it to you.."

"Thank you so much Choi coach-nim.. "

 

-00-

 

Sukyeon tried to call Lee Kikwang after the conversation with Coach-nim, but he didn’t pick up. Then she sent him message to ask to meet.

Good afternoon Lee Kikwang ssi. This is Cha Sukyeon, Musical Theatre’s first year student. I have something to discuss with you about football. Do you have free time tomorrow? I would like to meet you in person. Thx

She was waiting for Kikwang’s reply for the rest noon and also the whole evening, but he still didn’t give any reply. She typed message once again, while muttered "Lee Kikwang ssi.. Don't play hard to get please.. "

Good evening Lee Kikwang ssi. This is Cha Sukyeon. I have something to talk to you about Jung Taekwoon ssi, your former partner in National Youth Team. Can I meet you tomorrow? Thx.

In this message, she deliberately put Taekwoon names as bait, and it succeed. Kikwang even made a call.

"Yoboseyo?" Kikwang 's voice across the phone.

"Yoboseyo Kikwang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter