Deserves to be Happy

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 14: Deserves to be Happy

 

The last guy, the little sprinter guy, Lee Kikwang came in. Kikwang walked closer to Taek still with crutch on his arm. He stopped just right in front of him and said,  “Long time no see, Taek..””

Taekwoon was freeze. It's such a long time he didn’t talk to Kikwang, he could only manage to give him a smile.

"Huh.. Why do you get so tall, Taek?? Meanwhile me.." Kikwang sighed. He complained about his little figure.

Taekwoon chuckled.

Kikwang succeeded in melting the situation. He then hugged Taekwoon like a little kid to his older brother.

"How's your leg?" He asked in worry as they apart from the hug.

"Still here.." Kikwang pointed on his injured leg.

Taekwoon saw it and turned to Sukyeon. "Cha Sukyeon, how can you ask Kwang to come here when he's injured?"

Sukyeon could only give him an awkward smile.

"Chill! I'm fine dude.. " Kwang tried to defend Sukyeon. "Anyway, since we're all already gathered, why don't we start the game?"

Kikwang's friends were all excited, some of them even clapping. Meanwhile the House's members hesitated. They didn’t know that the opponent team was these football players.

Meanwhile Taekwoon said, "I'm.. I'm not gonna play.. "

"Why Taekwoon ssi? We all know you are Kikwang's friend back in the National youth team.. We want to play with you.. " Changmin pursued.

"National youth team??" Ravi asked back in disbelief. Jaehwan and Hongbin shared the same disbelief.

"Yeah, Jung Taekwoon ssi.. In specifics, we came here to play with you.." Minhyuk said.

Taekwoon still hesitated.

"If you out, then we don't have another player, Jung Taekwoon.. Just look, we only have 10 players including you.." Doojoon said.

Taekwoon looked at the others. Yeah, there are only 10 people.

"Or you want me to play with this injured leg? Or Sukyeon?" Kwang asked.

He looked at Sukyeon who pretend to hold her stomach. "Argh, I'm on my period.."

Taekwoon sighed.

"It's not like you will back to the National Team.. It's only a mere futsal game.. Why don't you try it?" Kikwang pursued.

Taekwoon naturally looked at Sukyeon who give him a supportive nod.

Yeah.. It's just a futsal Taek.. It's such a long time right? You really miss it.. So, one game is enough.. Taekwoon said in his mind.

"Okay, I'm in.."

 

-00-

 

Kikwang divided the players into two teams.

Team A: Doojoon, Dongjun, Jaehwan, Hongbin, Ravi (gk).

Team B: Taekwoon, Minhyuk, Hakyeon, Sanghyuk, Changmin (gk).

 

The game begun.

Doojoon was directly making his way to Changmin’s goalpost, fortunately Hyuk could stop him.

“Woah, that kid is good..” Kwang gave comment as he sat next to Sukyeon.

“My BIG little brother, Han Sanghyuk!” Sukyeon exclaimed proudly.

The ball was now on Minhyuk’s control. He dribbled to Ravi’s goalpost, but Dongjun came to stop him, so he passed the ball to Taekwoon. Taekwoon directly shot the ball, but it went to the side of Ravi’s goalpost.

Team B players left an  Ah! reaction, but they were clapping on Taekwoon’s effort.

“Minhyuk is a center-midfielder, so he offers the chance for Taekwoon to make the goal.. Meanwhile, Taekwoon is second-striker, he also tends to create goals opportunities.. So they are match for the offensive play..” Kikwang gave comment, while Sukyeon nodded to hear his explanation.

Ravi then kicked the ball to Dongjun. Dongjun moved forward and passed it to Doojoon. Hakyeon tried to block Doojoon, but he swifted to keep control the ball. He moved forward, and directly shot the ball to Changmin’s goalpost. But Changmin could catch it in the right time.

Now, team 1 players who left an Ah! reaction.

“Dongjun is a full-back and Doojoon Hyung is a center-forward, so the midfield will be a bit empty.. Since, your two friends there just running around..” Kikwang pointed on Jaehwan and Hongbin.

Sukyeon laughed as she heard Kikwang’s comment.

“But.. We talk about Doojoon Hyung here.. He’s a skillful player.. That’s why I put Changmin Hyung on Taek’s team.”

Changmin kicked the ball to Minhyuk, he passed the ball to Taekwoon but got blocked by Dongjun. Dongjun passed it to Jaehwan, but Jaehwan being blocked by Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk passsed the ball to Hakyeon, but got blocked by Dongjun again. Now he passed it to Hongbin, Hongbin passed it to Doojoon and GOOOAAAAL!! He scored. 1-0 to Team A.

The Team A was dancing happily.

“Heish, Doojoon hyung.. He really likes to show-off...” Kikwang commented and laughed.

“Taekwoon ssi!! Fighting!!” Sukyeon screamed to support him. Taekwoon stole a glance to look at her and tried so hard not to smile.

Changmin kicked the ball again and passed to Minhyuk. Minhyuk got blocked by Jaehwan, but he could pass him, he passed it to Hakyeon, and Hakyeon passed to Taekwoon. Taekwoon shot the ball to the goalpost but the ball hit the post. But then, the ball went back to Taekwoon, he shot it again, and Goooaall! He made a score.1-1.

Taekwoon's lips curved a little. He then hugged Hakyeon, and Minhyuk ran to join their hugs.

Does he just smiles a little? Why do you have to hold it, Taekwoon ssi? Sukyeon asked in her mind. But then she snapped herself. Ah! Why didn’t I capture it? I must be prepared for his another goal. Where is my handphone? She was busy talking to herself.

“Well done Taek! Just gimme some more!” Kikwang shouted to his best friend.

Ravi kicked the ball to Dongjun. He dribbled forward and passed it to Jaehwan. Jaehwan got blocked by Hakyeon. Hakyeon passed it to Sanghyuk, but in the middle of the passing Doojoon got the ball. He moved forwards really fast and in the blink of an eye, he scored again. 2-1 for Team A.

That was the end of the first half. Both of the teams were coming to the bench. Sukyeon gave them a mineral water one by one.

“You play great, Oppa! Hyuk!” Sukyeon praised them as she delivered the mineral water to her brothers.

“You should make more goals Taek..” Kikwang said to Taekwoon.

“I’ll try.. But it’s hard to pass Dongjun ssi..” Taekwoon answered.

“He becomes our team’s full-back for some reason..”  Kwang assured.

“And Doojoon hyung is a goal-machine..” Jaehwan praised his team mate.

“Yeah.. but you should take more part in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter