Plus One

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3: Plus One

 

Some girls still gathered near Jaehwan, they really like to have a conversation with him. Sukyeon who was waiting those girls to get away now became bored, so she decided to join them.

When she was walking closer she heard one of the girl asked, “Where do you live, Jaehwan oppa?”

Jaehwan answered, “Mmm, actually I still looking a place to live..”

After hearing Jaehwan’s answer, Sukyeon tried to find a way to get closer to Jaehwan in the middle of those girls.

“Well, I think I know the place you can live..” She said that right in front of Jaehwan.

The girls were annoyed on Sukyeon sudden answer, but Jaehwan was excited to hear that.

“Really? Well, let’s talk about it! If you’ll excuse me, I want to talk to Sukyeon ssi for a while..” He said that to the other girls.

And then Jaehwan gave a sign to Sukyeon to get outside the class with him.

“Do you remember my name?” Sukyeon asked him

“Yes.. I admired your high notes, Sukyeon ssi..”

“Woaah, thank you.. I also admired your voice.. Mmm no..It’s more..  I’m in love with your voice, Lee Jaehwan ssi..”

“Haha.. Is that a confession?” Jaehwan teased.

“Yes, it is.. Haha” Sukyeon replied him with smile.

“Well, you said that you know where I can live?”

“Oh yeah! It’s actually in my house.. I live with my oppa and his friend, so there is one empty room if you want to move in.”

“Your house?” Jaehwan a bit surprised.

“Yes my house.. But don’t get me wrong.. I just wanna help.. And my oppa and his friends are all guys, so---”

“I don’t get it wrong, Sukyeon ssi.. I think that’s great” Jaehwan cut her words and smiled

“Aaah, that’s a relieve.. I thought you misunderstood..” Sukyeon responded.

“Haha.. nooo... Anyway, can I look at the room first?”

“Sure.. After this class, let’s just check it..”

“Call! It’s a pleasure to know you Sukyeon.. Can I just call you that? Sukyeon?”

“Oh yeah, of course.. Just call me Sukyeon.. Then, may I call you Jaehwan?”

“Call me anything you want...”

And just like that, Sukyeon and Jaehwan just got closer like that.

 

-00-

 

“This is my house..” Sukyeon said that right after they got in front of the house. “It’s quite small, but it’s cozy..” She added while opening the front wooden gate. “There is mini garden around the house, but yeah it’s a bit messy..” She grinned and then unlocked the door and let Jaehwan inside.

“Anyeong Oppaaa..” Sukyeon called her oppa. “It seems he’s not in the house right now..”

“So, here it is.. Right after you came, you will find a dining table..” She started the tour like her Oppa did.

“Haha.. That’s great, I love eating!” Jaehwan responded.

“And right in front of the dining room, this is your room..” Sukyeon said as she opened Daewon’s ex bedroom.

“Woaah.. it’s good..” Jaehwan said as he entered the room.

Sukyeon walked to the window and opened it. “It will make fresh air come into the room..”

“Oooh yeaah. It’s nice..” Jaehwan said that as he walked to the window.

Now they both lean on the wall near the window.

“And my room is just right above this room.” Sukyeon said.

“Oh, really?” Jaehwan had his head out the window to look at above.

“What are you doing? it’s hard to see it from here, you fool..” Sukyeon

“You called me fool, huh? How dare you call me that?” Jaehwan acted like he was angry, but then he laughed. “But yes I am, hahaha.. “

They were laughing together, but then there was a dark aura came closed.

Sukyeon turned her head and saw Taekwoon was standing at the door, looking at them with his suspicious stare. He shook his head a bit then walked away.

“Oooh, Taekwoon ssi...” Sukyeon suddenly got up and chased him. “Please don’t misunderstand it.. He’s my friend and he wanted to move in, so----”

“Oh! Hyuuung!” Jaehwan’s calling cut Sukyeon words.

“Hyung?” Sukyeon surprised as she heard Jaehwan called Taekwoon hyung.

“Do you live here too? Woah such a coincidence.. Please take care of me..” Jaehwan said that while bowing, but Taekwoon just calmly went upstairs ignoring him.

“Heol.. How could he ignore your greeting?? ” Sukyeon commented on his behavior.

Jaehwan chuckled. “That’s fine.. maybe he’s just tired..”

“Aaah, I don’t even have the chance to explain to him.. I worry he misunderstand and tell that to my oppa..”

“Don’t worry.. He’s a good guy..”

“Seems like you know him so well.. How’d you know him?” Sukyeon asked as she sat on dining chair.

Jaehwan also pulled a chair and sat across Sukyeon.

“He was the one who help me looking for the class this morning.. Without him, surely I will be late..”

Heol.. So he helped both Jaehwan and me this morning to get to the class. Is Chung Ang’s classes really that difficult to find? Sukyeon talked in her mind.

“I’m not that good with directions, so I easily get lost. Fortunately I met him. Usually people only answered my question with another confusing directions, but he didn’t give me a direction... he accompanied me until I reached that class.. What a good person is that..” Jaehwan told the story excitedly.

Haha.. It’s not that he’s good.. He just can’t talk. Sukyeon said in her head.

“Anyway, what is his name?” Jaehwan asked.

“Taekwoon.. Jung Taekwoon..”

“Aaah.. Taekwoon hyung.. Okay! When I can move in here, Sukyeon ah?” Jaehwan asked excitedly.

“Oh, I have to talk to my Oppa first.. I will let you know..”

“Okay!” Jaehwan said that with his broad smile.

 

-00-

 

Dinner time.

“Sukyeon aaah.. Taekwoon aaah.. I bring fried chickens, come downstairs!” Hakyeon came back and brought some foods.

Taekwoon was the first one who went downstairs.

“Hahaha.. You really fast when I mention food.. Ya food lover!” Hakyeon said to Taekwoon.

Taekwoon just coolly took one chicken drumstick from the bucket.

“Where is mine, Oppa?” Sukyeon came closer to her Oppa and asked for the chicken.

Hakyeon signed her to take it from the bucket. But the bucket was too much closed to Taekwoon, so she hesitated.

“Yaa, why do you only look at it?” Hakyeon asked as he look at his sister not taking the chicken yet.

Taekwoon who could read what was happening, calmly moved the chicken bucket to the center. That was when Sukyeon can take the chicken.

I’m so silly.. That was Sukyeon’s thought in her head.

“Well, tell me what’s happening today? Is there something exciting?” Hakyeon asked.

Then Taekwoon threw a gaze to Sukyeon, seems like saying “Should I tell your Oppa what I’ve seen this afternoon?”

Sukyeon who knew it tried to take control. “Oppa! Daewon ssi’s room still empty right? How about we rent it? My friend wanted to move in, actually..”

“Oh.. that’s good!” Hakyeon answered it excitedly.

Sukyeon smiled as a relieve.

But then Hakyeon asked, “Is she pretty?”

“He is a guy, oppa..”

“Huh, I thought you will bring girl.. Why do you bring a boy when there are already me and Taekwoon..tsk tsk”

Heooolllll.... Sukyeon sighed.

“When can he move in, Oppa?”

“Anytime.. The room is just ready right?” Hakyeon answered.

“Okay, I’ll call him to let him know..”

“Oooh.. Do you already have his phone number? Mmm.. Suspicious.. Is he your boyfriend?” Hakyeon .

Sukyeon eyes suddenly moved to Taekwoon, and that was the time when Taekwoon also looked at her eyes.

“Ah.. Noo.. Nooo. Oppaaa.. What are you talking about?” Sukyeon startled.

Hish, how could I have this kind of brother..

 

-00-

 

The next day

“Have you packed your things? You can move in today..” Sukyeon said to Jaehwan.

“Mmm not finish yet... I think, I’m gonna finish it after this class..”

 “Where did you live for the past days?” Sukyeon asked Jaehwan.

“Motel....” Jaehwan simply answered.

Sukyeon was surprised. “Motel??”  

“Yeah.. why? There’s nothing wrong with staying in motel? I do nothing instead of sleeping.. Of course alone....” Jaehwan answered in relax.

Sukyeon smirked,  “Hey, don’t lie...”

“Nooo.. I’m not lying.. I chose motel because only motel’s price I could afford.. You know, staying in hotel is expensive..”

“Is that only an excuse?” Sukyeon teased.

“Heol, don’t you believe me?”

“Mmm, I don’t know..”

“You really have a ert mind, Sukyeon ah...” Jaehwan laughed.

Sukyeon leaned forward and said, “So let me help you to pack..”

 “I don’t bring many stuff Sukyeon ah.. I can pack it by myself.. don’t worry..”

“Oooh.. you avoided me to get to your room.. That means something suspicious right, Jaehwan?”

“Yaaa, you really!” Jaehwan shook his head and said, “Okay, just check my room! You will find nothing..”

“Mmm.. I always wonder what kind of mature boys’ life is..”

“You really.. tsk tsk...” Jaehwan said it with disbelieve.

 

-00-

 

And then, after the class and after Sukyeon registered for script writing club, they went to the motel to pack Jaehwan’s stuff. They did chit chat while walking together

“You’re not going to join any club, Jae? Wait.. May I called you Jae?” Sukyeon asked.

“Mmm.. Hwannie is cuter..”

“Heol.. Hwannie? Tsk tsk” Sukyeon said it in disbelieve that this guy suggested cute name to be called. “But really, are you not going to join any club?” She added.

“Mmm.. I don’t know.. I haven’t think about it.”

“Just think about it.. I think it’s gonna be fun to join some of the clubs..”

Jaehwan nodded and then said, “Tadaaa... We already reached our destination..”

“Hahaha..” Sukyeon could only giggle to see Jaehwan’s act. But then she looked at the surrounding, and asked. “Where are the ladies?”

“What did you expect? Ladies in y dresses everywhere? Sorry it’s not like your expectation..” Jaehwan teased.

Sukyeon laughed.

And both of them went to Jaehwan’s room.

“Woaaahh.... You really...” Sukyeon was surprised to see Jaehwan’s room which was really tidy. “You didn’t call cleaning service before I came, did you?”

“Don’t forget it’s just a motel, Sukyeon ah..” Jaehwan said as he walked in to the room.

“Daebak! Even I’m a not that tidy.. “

“Yeah, it’s my habit.. So, there’s no need to help me pack actually.. I only should take the bath stuffs and some books in the drawer.” Jaehwan said as he walked in to bathroom.

Sukyeon sat on the bed, while still amazed of how tidy Jaehwan is.

After Jaehwan collected his bath stuffs and placed it to the bag, he moved to take some books in the drawer and back to the bag. After organizing it, he said, “Done! Let’s go!”

 

-00-

 

Sukyeon and Jaehwan reached the house with his belongings.

“Anyeooong...” They both do greetings.

“Oh, welcome...” Hakyeon greeted them back.

“Anyeonghaseyo, You must be Sukyeon’s oppa...” Jaehwan said.

“Woaaah.. What have you talk about me, Sukyeon ah?” Hakyeon said it while smiling.

“Nothing...” Sukyeon answered.

“Then how’d you know?”

“It’s because you both really look alike, hahaha” Jaehwan answered it with laugh.

“Hahaha...”

They both were laughing like a fool people.

“Well, this is your room..” Hakyeon said that as he opened Daewon ex bedroom.

“Yeah, I know..” Jaehwan quickly responded. And his respond made Sukyeon startled.

“Oh, how’d you know?” Hakyeon asked in surprise.

Sukyeon pinched Jaehwan’s arm, and that made Jaehwan realized his slipped of words.

“That’s because you tell me right? Of course I know because you tell me, hahaha..”

“Oooh, hahaha..”

And they both were laughing again, like a fool people.

I hope these two weirdo can get along so well. That was Sukyeon thought.

 

-00-

 

The next morning

“Good morning everyone..” Hakyeon greeted Sukyeon who went downstairs and Jaehwan who got outside his room at the same time.

“Morning Hyung!” Jaehwan answered with high spirit. Meanwhile Sukyeon didn’t say anything, she looked at Taekwoon who was already there.

Where are you last night, Mysterious guy? You’re not join dinner, but now you already here to have breakfast, huh? Sukyeon talked in her mind.

Jaehwan chose to sit next to Taekwoon while Sukyeon sat in front of him.

“How’s your sleep, Jaehwan ah?” Hakyeon asked.

“I have a nice dream.. hahaha..”

“Hahaha.. that’s great! That means you feel comfortable here..” Hakyeon stopped for a while and looked at those three eating in one table, and started again, “Woaah.. now there are three Musical Theatre students here.. You all can practice together someday.. Taekwoon ah, be a good sunbae to them, okay?” Hakyeon said it while patting Taekwoon’s shoulder.

Taekwoon only threw a sharp gaze t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter