Musical Part 2

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 26: Musical Part 2

 

The curtain has been lifted up again, showing Emma sitting on the couch in her bedroom. Sir Danvers comes and sit next to her.

"Emma.. How do you feel today?" Sir Danvers asks.

Emma smiles, "Never better Father.."

"Are you sure about this engagement?"

"Why are you asking that, Father? Are you doubting Henry?"

"Not that I doubt him, Emma.. I even consider him as my own son.. It's just.. I find it difficult to tolerate his behavior.. It seems he loves his work more than he loves you.."

Emma smiles, "You know it better, Father.. That he's such a workaholic.. He loves his work indeed, but I believe he loves me more.. If it's not like that, we'll never reach this stage.."

"I'm scared I will lose you.."

"You're not gonna lose me, Father.. I promise.."

Sir Danvers smiled to reply Emma's words. He then pulls her into his embrace.

 

-00-

 

The next part shows the place like a bar with full of people. Two people that have known are Jekyll and Utterson.

The narrator says, "Jekyll and Utterson went to the dregs of Camden Town known as "The Red Rat" for Jekyll's bachelor party. At that time, Bar Lady Lucy Harris arrives late and is in for some trouble with the boss."

"Late again, HUH?" The boss yells to Lucy in the corner of the bar.

That makes Jekyll turns to seek where the sound came from. He look at a girl with a long straight black hair with bang is talking with a big fat guy.

"I'm sorry, Boss.." Lucy says it as she look at the floor.

"You always say sorry.. Like your sorry can give me money.. Ckck.. Just go to work!!" Her boss dismisses her.

And Lucy directly goes to her co-workers who are waiting for her.

 

"Are you okay?" One of her friends asks.

"I'm okay.." Lucy says as she takes off her coat, revealing her S-line body.

One of her friends then put a furry scarf on her shoulder. Then, she's ready to go to the stage.

 

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.. My name is Lucy Harris.. And I will entertain you with a song.. Please anticipate it.." Lucy greets the audience.

One of Jekyll's friends asks Jekyll, "She's hot, uh?"

Jekyll then lazily observes Lucy. "Her cat smoky eyes, dazzling red lipstick color, tiny mole in the corner of her eyes, glittering skin, bloody red mini tube dress, and black fur scarf.. Hmm.. She tries so hard to get your attention.."

"So, does she get yours?" His another friend asks.

"I still prefer Emma.." Jekyll answers fast.

"Whooo.." His friends are amazed at how loyal Jekyll is.

 

But then, Lucy starts to sing. The music played, Lee Hi - 1.2.3.4

Lucy is standing in the center holding her standing mic. In the back, there are two girls as her backing vocals.

Hey.

C’mon now.

I said 1, 2, 3…

She uses her right hands to count the numbers.

 

Your delusion that I’m still yours ends here.

I’m not that same girl you knew before.

She makes a Nonono gesture.

 

At the sound of morning, the flowers have already bloomed so much.

But why are you still so out of focus?

 

She's then flicks her hair flirty.

I’m sick and tired of your hypocrisy.

You lame liar. (Ooh) Will you just back off now?

She makes a hand gesture again like wanting someone to back off.

 

I think I’m going, going crazy (ooh).

She moves ily.

I think I’m going, going crazy (ooh).

She smiles and winks.

 

Don’t act so miserably and pitifully.

Go disappear far, far away. No, no. Na-na-na-na-na-na.

 

She acts like a crying baby.

Don’t cry so pathetically. Just forget everything forever. No, no.

And make a No no gesture again.

 

She's then put her finger on her lips.

Listen.

Stop worrying about others and just mind your own business.

I don’t need your sympathy or pity. Uh.

 

She's then taking off her fur scarf and holds it with two hands while shaking her body.

I said 1 and 2 and 3, 4 (ooh).

Time will be the one resolving everything.

 

She's then flicking her hair, revealing her nape while counting the numbers.

1 and 2 and 3, 4 (ooh).

Game over. Game over (ooh). Game over.

She ends it with throwing her fur scarf and winks.

 

Jekyll unconsciously amazed at how Lucy singing. He's drowning in his own thoughts.

The sound suddenly disappears, the people suddenly get frozen, and the lights are only focus on Lucy and Jekyll.

Jekyll says, "Why are you still so out of focus?" he repeats Lucy song lyrics. "Yeah, why am I so out of focus?" He talks to himself.

He continues to repeat the lyrics, "I’m sick and tired of your hypocrisy. Yeah.. That's what I mean.."

"Don’t act so miserably and pitifully. I don't.."

"Stop worrying about others and just mind your own business. I don’t need your sympathy or pity. Yes indeed."

"1 and 2 and 3, 4, Game over." Jekyll is then looking at Lucy who's standing frozen at the stage. But suddenly, the lights on Lucy is been off.

Jekyll confuses on where is Lucy. He gets up and starts to walk, but then the lights been on again, and the people starts to move as usual.

 

Jekyll finds Lucy is already with the customer. The big guy is playing at her, holding her waist like wanna kiss her, but Lucy refuses. That makes the customer gets angry and calls her boss.

"Your girl refuse to serve me!" the customer says.

"Lucy! How many times you will make mistakes?" He's striking her hard across her face.

That makes Jekyll wants to help her, but he gets blocked by Utterson.

"Don't involves yourself.. " He said.

 

Lucy then answers, "But he did improper thing.."

"Improper thing, you said??? Who do you think you are???" the customer gets angry.

Then, the boss grabs Lucy's hair and says, "Get a grip, Lucy! If you make any other mistake, I'm not gonna doubt to kill you.."

Jekyll can't see that anymore, he manages to get closer to them, as Utterson is led away by another bar girl.

"Could you release your grab on Her hair?" Jekyll approaches the boss in manner.

That makes the boss lose focus. "What do you want?"

"I want to take her.." Jekyll says as he removes the boss' hand from Lucy's hair.

"Take her?"

"I want to rent her for one night, this is the cash.. " Jekyll says as he gives the money.

After the boss takes the money, Jekyll grabs Lucy's wrist and takes her out of the bar, leaving the customer who gets angry.

 

-00-

 

The curtain gets closed, and not for so long being opened again, showing Jekyll and Lucy sit in the bench of the park.

"Are you okay, Miss Harris?" Jekyll asks as he covers Lucy's body with his warm coat.

"I'm okay.. " Lucy answers while covering her cheek.

"Let me see your cheek.."

Lucy is slowly showing her red cheek.

"Oh my God.. Let me buy medicine.." Jekyll starts to get up but Lucy holds him.

"It's okay, Sir.. It's usually happen.."

"Usually?? so, it's not only happen this once? Why do you still work there?" Jekyll is shocked.

"I need to stay alive, Sir.. Hahaha.." Lucy manages to laugh eventho it hurts.

"Just try to get another job.."

"But I like singing in Red Rat.."

"That's! Your job is singing.. not to fulfill the customer's lust.. And more over, you got beaten because of that.. Just move to another workplace.."

"It's not that easy Sir.. But thanks for your care and your help.. I really appreciate it.. " Lucy smiles.

"I want to thank you too.. You give me inspiration.." Jekyll smiles.

"Inspiration?" Lucy gets confused.

Before Jekyll manages to answer, there comes Utterson.

"So here you are.. "

Jekyll and Lucy turns to see Utterson.

Jekyll then says, "Miss Harris, I have to go.. Here my visiting card, if you need friend to talk to, just come to me.. I will be your best friend.. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter