Confirmed

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 36: Confirmed

 

"Where is Lee Jaehwan?" Sehun asked Sukyeon who ws actually also looking for Jaehwan.

"Mmm.. I don't know.." Sukyeon shook her head.

"Hey, don't you his closest friend? You even live together, how could you didn't know?"

How could I didn't know? Yes indeed, how could? Sukyeon was asking herself.

"Sukyeon sleepover in my house last night. So of course she didn't know.."

"Aaah.." Sehun nodded.

"Why don't you try to message him?"

"Yeah I just did..” Sehun said as he shook his phone.

"Then, just wait.."

"Okay" Sehun said as he walks away.

Youngji turned to see her best friend who looked gloomy. "Why Sukyeon ah?"

"What happened to Jaehwan? Why he doesn't come to the class?" Sukyeon looked so worry.

"Heol. Instead of asking me, you better call him.."

Sukyeon looked hesitated.

"Sukyeon ah.. Don't be like this.. It's enough.. Don't avoid Jaehwan because of this.. You're not the one who should do this.. If you really care for him, then just show it.. It's okay to be friends again.."

Sukyeon pouted, still didn’t know what to do.

 

Then she took her phone and went outside. It was still 5 minutes before the next class.

She dialed Jaehwan number. There was a waiting tone, until he picked up.

"Yee Yeon ah?"

Sukyeon was quiet. It was like a million years she didn’t hear this voice, her favorite voice.

"H-hwan ah..."

"Neee?"

"Where are you now?"

"Uhm? Now? Why?"

"Why are you not going to campus?"

"I just wake up.." Jaehwan grinned.

"What? Why? You usually wake up earlier than me.. Something happened last night?" Sukyeon asked in worry.

"No.. I just got drunk..." Jaehwan simply answered.

"Drunk?" Sukyeon was shocked.

"Hu um..." Jaehwan nodded.

"Is-is that because of me?"

"Why are you over confidence? It's not because of you.."

"I'm sorry Hwan ah.. I'm sorry.." Sukyeon suddenly felt sad again.

"Yaaa stop it.. Don't blame yourself Yeon ah.. It's not your mistake.. It's not mine either.. It's just happened.. I can't force you to love me, and you can't force me to un-love you.. So just let it be.. What should we do right now is finding the way back into friendship.. " Jaehwan said it with laugh.

Tears dropped from Sukyeon eyes, she couldn’t believe she rejected someone like this.

"Then just wait for me, I'll find the way soon.." Sukyeon said with smile.

"No.. We're happened to meet in the crossroad anyway.." Jaehwan said as he waved his hand in the end of the corridor.

Sukyeon looked at Jaehwan who was waving at her. She smiled

Yeah.. maybe you are not my love Hwan ah.. but my soul mate..

 

-00-

 

Sukyeon and Jaehwan went back to be friend as usual. It made Youngji happy and relieved. But it was not only Youngji who felt relieved, but also the House’s members.

In the dinner time.

"It's good that you both become normal again.. Love problems shouldn't end the friendship." Hakyeon said.

"Hyung, what if we create a rule? No lovers inside the house?"

Taekwoon choked to respond Hyuk’s idea.

"What do you mean Hyuk ah?" Ravi asked.

"I mean.. There shouldn't be a lover in this house.. Because it will create a disturbance and awkward situation like what happened between Noona and Hwan Hyung.."

"Then, who knows you'll be the one who break that rule.. " Hongbin .

"Me and noona? I'm her reliable dongsaeng, Hongbin hyung.. If there's anyone who dare to use her, he has to face me!" Hyuk said as he looked at Taekwoon and Ravi.

"Heol.. What are you talking about Hyuk ah? But.. I don't think it's necessary.. Because feeling is our own privacy, so none of us has right to interfere.." Hakyeon concluded.

Taekwoon felt relieved.

 

-00-

 

The next afternoon in the campus, Sukyeon sat in the park waiting for Youngji who went to cafeteria. She just silently sat while looking at the blooming flowers, when someone shocked her.

"Yeon ah!!!"

Sukyeon was startled. She turned her head to find Doojoon who was laughing over her.

"Hish! What are you doing Oppa?"

"I'm the one who should ask you.. What are you doing sitting here enjoying spring by yourself?" Doojoon asked while sitting next to Sukyeon.

"I'm waiting for Youngji.."

"Where is she?"

"In the cafeteria.."

"Are you asking her to run errands?"

"Heish.. It's not like that.. She's just--"

"Oh, Taekwoon ah!" Doojoon cut her words with shouting someone's name.

Taekwoon walked closer and Doojoon asked him to sit next to him. Taekwoon nodded to Sukyeon before he sat.

"Taek, don't forget we have practice this Friday.."

"Nee hyung.."

"Aaah it's such a long time we're not playing football, right? We hibernated in whole winter..” He paused to see Taekwoon and said, “Ah I guess it's only me who hibernated.. Because you got busy over the musical, right?"

Taekwoon only smiled while stealing a glance to Sukyeon.

"Well, do you both come to the Yeouido Spring Festival? It's a must event for lovers.."

"Heee?" Sukyeon was surprised.

"We're.. We're not lovers, hyung" Taekwoon stuttered.

"Heish! Don't lie.. How could you're not lovers if you kissed like that?"

Sukyeon was blushing. Meanwhile Taekwoon scratched his nape to counter his nervous.

"Yaaa.. Look, you both are blushing like that! Just be honest to me..."

Taekwoon who couldn’t hide his nervous then stood up. "We're not lovers Hyung, it's true.." He said that and went away.

"Huh? Really? Well.. Yaaa Taek wait me!" Doojoon called Taekwoon and followed him, leaving Sukyeon who was blushing like a tomato.

 

Then Youngji came.

"What's wrong with you blushing like this?" She asked.

"Am I really blushing?"

"Yeah, you look like cherry tomato"

Sukyeon covered her cheeks. Aaaah, ottoke??

 

-00-

 

"Yaaa Taek, is it true you're not in a relationship with Sukyeon?" Doojoon asked as he caught up Taekwoon.

"It's true hyung.."

"How could?"

"How could??" Taekwoon couldn’t believe what he just heard.

"Yeah I thought you both are couple.. I mean, I can feel your chemistry.."

"What chemistry?"

"She cares about you a lot.. She was the one who have the idea of making you back to the field, don't you remember?"

"Yeah hyung.."

"You don't know how happy she was when hearing you decide to join the team.."

"Uhm?"

"I was the one who informed her about you joining the team.. And she was like getting a jackpot..”

Taekwoon lips mad a curve.

"I think she likes you.. "

"Hyung don't say nonsense.."

"Hey, I'm telling you.. One of the signs that girl loves you is she cares about you a lot.. I see it in Sukyeon to you.."

"She cares about others too, hyung.. Not only me.." Taekwoon said with a sad note.

"Heol.. Did I hear an insecurity? Taek, as a guy you should brace yourself to ask her.. Do you love me? It's just as simple as that.."

"It's not simple hyung... Love is not simple.."

Doojoon laughed so loud. "You just admit that you love her, Taek!"

"W-what?" Taekwoon was shocked of what just he did.

Doojoon simply patted Taekwoon’s shoulder. "I pray for you Taek.."

 

-00-

 

Taekwoon couldn’t help but to think about what Doojoon saying.

Do I love her? Yes, I think I do. But... Does she love me too? Is it the reason why she rejected Jaehwan? But then if she does, how about Jaehwan? Aaaah why it's so complicated??

 

-00-

 

Meanwhile Sukyeon also asked the same question.

Do I really love him? Why I have to blush like that?

 

She was already rolling in the bed for hours just to think about that, so she decided to call Youngji.

"Youngji ah.."

"Why?" Youngji answered from across the phone.

"Am I really blushing back in the afternoon?"

"Gosh! You're asking that again?? YES YOU ARE.. YOU'RE LIKE A RED PAPRIKA.. YOU KNOW RED PAPRIKA??"

"Heish! I'm serious.."

"I'm serious too Yeon ah.. Why are you asking this again, huh? When I asked you why, you just stay quiet.. This time you should tell me!"

"Mmm.. It's because... Doojoon Oppa... "

"WHAT??  DOOJOON?? You will get smacked by Gayoon unnie if you have feeling for him!!!"

"Nooo.. Let me finish.. It's because Doojoon oppa teased me with... Taekwoon ssi..."

"Uh? Heol.. "

"Oppa teased the kiss between me and Taekwoon ssi.. I just feel like heated up, and gets nervous.. And I suddenly remember the w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter