The Game

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17: The Game

 

The next morning, Taekwoon came to the University Team Saturday's practice.

When he made an entrance, Dongjun noticed him, and shouted to his friends, "Look, Jung Taekwoon ssi!"

The other players were seeing him get closer to them. Choi coach-nim smiled as he saw Taekwoon.

"Woah, finally!" Kwang looked so excited to watch his best friend.

Taekwoon went closer and bowed to everyone.

The team’s coach, Mr. Do was welcoming him, “Have you decided to join the team, Jung Taekwoon ssi?”

“Yee..”

Doojoon then slung his arm around Taekwoon's, and said, "Looks like Sukyeon succeed to soften your heart.."

Taekwoon could only make a little curve on his lips.

 

Meanwhile, Sukyeon didn’t know about it. Even after three days, she didn’t know about Taekwoon joining the team, until she met Doojoon in the halfway.

"Hellooo Cha Sukyeon!!!!!" Doojoon called her in a high spirit voice.

"Omo!! You almost got me heart attack, oppa!"

"Good job Yeon ah!" He gave her a thumb up.

"Good job? For?" Sukyeon asked suspiciously.

"For making Jung Taekwoon get into the team.." Doojoon simply answered.

"WHAAAT??" Sukyeon was surprised.

"You don't know?" He asked back.

She shook her head. "Do you know where is he, Oppa?"

"Tsk tsk.. I'm not his classmate, neither his manager.. How could I know where he is.."

And after gets his doesn't know answer, Sukyeon left him in a blink of an eye.

"Heoool.. She's just running like a lightning, tsk tsk.. Doesn't have respect to her senior.. Hum..." Doojoon talked to himself.

 

Sukyeon was running around campus looking for Taekwoon. She didn’t know why but she really wanted to meet him after hearing that news. She was searching in cafeteria, but he was not there.. She moved to the library, but meeting Jaehwan instead. She was searching in the park, but he was also not there. But then she saw a figure in the corner of the building.

A guy who slept on the bench, with earphones on his ears.

Huh.. So there you are..

Sukyeon walked closer and silently stood next to him.  She bowed to see him closer. That was the time when Taekwoon opened his eyes. He was startled. He directly got up and sat awkwardly. Sukyeon laughed to see his act.

She then sat next to him and said, "Sorry.. For interrupting your sleep.."

"That's.. That's okay.." Taekwoon said as he cleared his throats.

Sukyeon stared at Taekwoon while smiling, meanwhile Taekwoon's heart beat got faster.

Calm yourself Jung Taekwoon! He talked in his mind.

"Why don't you tell me that you join the team, hum?" Sukyeon asked in chirpy voice.

"W-why should I?"

Damn! Why should those words that come out from your mouth, Taek?? He cursed himself.

"Hish.. You are mean...." Sukyeon pouted but then laughed. "But.. I'm happy that you join the team.. Practice hard, okay? Fighting!"

Taekwoon looked at Sukyeon who cheer him up. He really liked it, felt like warmness spreads around his body.

 

-00-

 

And yeah, Taekwoon was joining the team’s practices for two weeks and getting ready for today's match. The opponent team was Seoul National University. The top university in South Korea, but in football they didn't have a quite good record.

 

Sukyeon came with the rest of the House's members and Youngji. She was kinda want to match Youngji with Hongbin so she managed to make them to sit next to each other. Meanwhile she sat next to Hyuk, and Hyuk next to her brother.

 

The players were starting to get on the fields, but Taekwoon was not around.

"I heard that he's not gonna play as a starter.." Jaehwan said, beside Hongbin.

Sukyeon pouted to hear that.

"It's part of their plan, noona.. They already knows Doojoon hyung, but doesn't know Taekwoon hyung.. So they play Doojoon hyung first, but then Taekwoon hyung comes out as a hidden key.." Hyuk explained his analysis.

"Woah, Daebak.. How do you know that, Hyuk?" Sukyeon asked in surprise.

Hyuk lifted up his collar to gesture that he proud of himself. Sukyeon chuckled.

 

Then, the commentator started to reveal the both of the team's players.

CAU (in blue jersey), formation 4-4-2

(2AM) Changmin -goalkeeper (captain)

(Suju) Eunhyuk – sweeper

(2PM) Wooyoung – center back

(Z:ea) Dongjun –full back

(Exo) Kai – wing back

(Exo) Chanyeol – defense midfielder

(Btob) Eunkwang – right midfielder

(2PM) Junho – left midfielder

(Btob) Minhyuk – attacking midfielder

(CNBlue) Yonghwa – full forward

(Beast) Doojoon -center forward

 

SNU (in red jersey), formation 4-3-3

(2PM) Chansung-goalkeeper

(Beast) Hyunseung - sweeper

(2PM) Nickhun – center back

(BAP) Yongguk – full back

(Infinite) Hoya – wing back

(Shinee) Minho – center midfielder (captain)

(Infinite) Woohyun – right midfielder

(Mblaq) Leejoon – left midfielder

(Infinite) L Kim – left winger

(Z:ea) Siwan –right winger

(Bigbang) Seungri – center forward

 

As the players came to the field, the supporters went wild. Sukyeon could see Gayoon cheering his boyfriend excitedly.

“Woah.. Look at those SNU players.. They surely are good looking..” Youngji mumble.

“Yaa.. Youngji ah.. You already sit next to the flower boy of Chung Ang, why are you looking at another boys?” Sukyeon deliberately said it in a loud voice to make Hongbin listen.

Hongbin could only chuckle to hear that, meanwhile Youngji pinched Sukyeon’s thigh softly as she hid her blushing face.

(A/N: I colored the name of the players based on their team, Blue is CAU, Red is SNU)

With a loud whistle, the game begins.

Doojoon is directly making his way towards the opponent team. He manages to get through the opponent players, but then the fierce guy, Yongguk, comes from nowhere to stops him. The ball now is going to CAU defense area. The guy named Minho leads the ball to the center of the CAU area, but he gets to face Wooyoung, so he passes the ball to the guy named Woohyun. He dribbles the ball forward and passes it to the handsome guy named Siwan. Right there he gets blocked by Dongjun, but he already manages to pass the ball to the guy named Seungri. He shoots the ball, but it goes to the side of Changmin’s goalpost.

 

The supporters of the opponent team are stomping and shouting loudly to support their team. CAU team’s supporters also get hype to support their team.

Sukyeon is even shouting “CAU! CAU! CAU!”

Hyuk laughs so loud to see her act like that.

 

Changmin kicks the ball far away to the opponent team’s area. Minhyuk catches the ball with his chest and dribbles it forward. But then again, Yongguk tries to block him. Minhyuk makes his skillful swing, but still it’s hard to get through that fierce guy. Minhyuk wants to pass the ball to Doojoon, but he’s guarded by another handsome guy, named Nickhun. So, Minhyuk passes the ball to Yonghwa as he a bit free from guard. Yonghwa makes a move forward and shoots the ball, but their goalkeeper (which is also handsome and has a great body), Chansung, catches it in the right time.

“Woah.. the game is hard..” Hakyeon mumbles.

 

Chansung kicks the ball to the thin guy named Hyunseung. He moves forward a bit and passes it to Minho. Minho leads the ball skillfully, getting through Wooyoung twice. But then Dongjun comes, so he passes it to Woohyun. Woohyun moves forward so fast and passes it to Seungri. In a blink of an eye, Seungri shoots the ball to Changmin’s goalpost. GOOAAAL! The opponent team’s supporters are cheering so loud. Seungri scores, 1-0 for SNU.

Seungri runs to Woohyun and hugs him. They even make a heart shape and throw it to their supporters. The opponent team’s supporters go wild, especially girls.

Meanwhile Sukyeon says, “Yucks.. They are sooo greasy..”

 

Changmin kicks the ball to Eunhyuk and he passes it to Wooyoung. Wooyoung moves forward a bit, but then passes it back to Eunhyuk.

 

“Why are they just playing around?” Sukyeon asks in confused.

“They’re not playing around, noona.. They are thinking a new tactic, building a new strategy..” Hyuk explains.

 

Then yes, Eunhyuk passes it to Kai. Kai moves forward so fast because he’s in no guarded. When he’s already in the SNU area, he passes it to Eunkwang. Eunkwang wants to pass it to Yonghwa but in the middle of the way, Woohyun steals the ball. The ball is now going back to CAU area. He acts like he wants to pass it to Seungri, but instead he passes it to Siwan. With no guard, Siwan can manage to go to the goalpost and shoots it hard to the corner of Changmin’s goalpost. GOOAAAL! Siwan scores, 2-0 for SNU.

“Who says that SNU doesn’t has good record in football, tell me who says that?” Ravi gets emotion.

“That guy named Woohyun is the playmaker, isn’t it?” Jaehwan asks the other.

“Yeah.. Their attack always from the right side..” Hakyeon gives comment.

“We better change our strategy for the second half.” Hyuk says in hopes.

 

3 minutes for the additional times in the first half.

Changmin kicks the ball far away to Minhyuk again. He manages to keep the ball from the enormous blocking by Yongguk, he then passes it to Doojoon. But Doojoon who’s been always guarded by Nickhun decided to pass it to Yonghwa. Yonghwa ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter