The Beginning of the End

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae's POV

"I need to get my laptop," Jae said holding on Young's phone. By then everyone that was at the house came out to see what was going on.

"What are you waiting for?" Dong-Sun asked impatiently. Jae looked at him and nodded before turning to me and gave me a look that told me that he wanted me to go to his house.

I followed behind him as Young, Dong-Sun and the rest of the guys followed behind us as well. Even though I am his sister and he did live close bu, I have never stepped foot inside.

Once we got to his house, he unlocked the front door and he all the lights. I was amazed at how neat and simple it was. Hurriedly he rushed upstairs and I followed right behind him. The house was similar to our own but slightly different.

Jae lead the way towards the end of the hallway to a door that had a number pad.

He turned towards me and smirked.

"My secret room,"

He turned around and unlocked the door and opened it. As he the light I noticed that it was padded with sounds boards to make it sounds proof.

"Bro," I gasped in amazement as I looked around. It looked like a studio but it served a different purpose. Young and Dong-Sun both walked in and the both of them were just as amazed.

"State-of-the-art," he said as he pulled up a chair to his computer. He connected Young's phone to it and got to work.

I grabbed the other chair and sat down beside him watching what he was doing. It was pretty obvious that Jae was very much experienced in this field because his fingers were flying across the keyboard as he typed in the code that he needed to get access to tracing Dong-Yul's phone.

Just when I thought he got it, he suddenly got an error which seemed like it frustrated him.

"I think Dong-Yul has an extra layer of protection on his phone preventing me from accessing his location," Jae sighed as he slightly scooted back and cracked his knuckles. I looked at the error message and then the code. I had never done anything of this nature but it did look similar to a code that I have done before.

Just then the guys walked amazed at how advanced the room was.

"Woah this is cool. This is something like NCIS or something!" Jaejin chimed as he looked around.

"Right? This is awesome!" Jungshin added.

I rolled my eyes because they seriously were not helping. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms on my shoulders and I looked up to find Yonghwa smile down on me.

"I know you can figure it out. You're smart enough. You got this okay? I believe in you," he winked before squeezing my shoulders and backing away.

Looking at my brother, he scooted over and shrugged.

"It's all yours,"

In some way, I felt a little pressured because I've never done anything like this before and this was a life or death situation.

"Why can't you get your co-workers to do it,"

"They don't know how, not here at least. If I was back at the station in Austin, I would have already been in the car going to the location," Jae sighed.

I simply nodded as I scooted up to the computer and clicked on the spacebar to type the code in. Scrolling up, I scanned what he had already typed and looked at what it was accessing before opening it up.

Clicking on the page, I wasn't sure if what I was thinking would work but I had to atleast try. For the sake of Dong-Yul and his siblings. Now everything rested on my shoulders to be able to find his location.

I was really hoping what I was about to do worked, because if it didn't then I wouldn't know what else we could do.

Slowly, I started typing and I was already starting to question myself. I was so unsure and I wanted to back away from the computer, but I just couldn't. I need to do it. I had to do it.

Taking a deep breath, I finally built up the courage to type what I was thinking.

I kept hitting the ENTER key every time I got a line that I wanted, I was nearing the end of what I hoped would be right. I had taken what Jae had already typed and added a few more commands.

The whole time Jae and everyone else was looking over my shoulder making me even more nervous but I couldn't stop what I was doing just because I was nervous.

Once I typed the last line of the code, my finger hovered over the enter button. I sent a slight prayer and hoped for the best.

"What's the matter? Why are you hesitating so much?" I heard Young ask me.

"I don't know if this is going to work,"

"It's going to work. Don't worry Hae," Yonghwa quickly said. I took a deep breath and did my best to smile. I pressed Enter and the window went crazy as more windows opened on top of each other and the code was flying up the screen.

It seemed like time slowed down as the computer did what it needed to. Looking over to Young, she looked on edge as she watched the screen. As I turned back towards the screen, thinking that I was going to be greeted with the same error message that Jae got earlier, the windows stopped opening and the vertical bar on the screen was flashing as one more window opened prompting a password.

I quickly typed in the password I had set and then I was granted access to the location of Dong-Yul's phone.

"I did it," I whispered as I smiled from ear to ear and looked over to Jae.

Jae looked at me confused.

"I DID IT!" I said louder as I threw my arms up in the air.

Cheers erupted as everyone clapped.

"So where is he?" Young asked looking at the screen.

Jae took over the mouse and clicked on the file as a map opened up and it zoomed in on a warehouse out in the countryside.

"You've got to be kidding!" Jae sighed as he slammed his free hand on the desk causing all of us to flinch in response.

"W-What's the matter?" Dong-Sun asked.

Taking a deep breath, he swiveled around in the chair to look at everyone that was crammed into the small space.

"It's a well known abandoned warehouse, from what I've heard. It's almost like the best place to hold someone hostage," Jae kind of joked, but not everyone laughed. His sense of humor was not needed at the moment.

Rolling my eyes and sighing in frustration because of my brother, I turned towards Young to see if she was okay. Taking a quick glance at her, her expression said it all—she was beyond furious. If it were up to her, Hyun Ki would be a dead man by now.

"We need to get going," Jae said as he too glanced over at Young and thought that her anger was directed at him when it wasn't. He stood up from his chair and pushed his way through the crowd.

"We'll co-"

"No. You're all staying here. I swear if you or anyone else follows us..." Jae gave us all a stern look as he looked directly at Young and Dong-Sun. "Then God help me. I will throw you into a holding cell," he said as he glanced at us one last time before turning back around and made his exit from the room and down the stairs.

"Jaesun! I can't just wait here for my brother!" Young protested as she followed him down the stairs. Sighing, I knew Young wasn't about to let Jae go. I knew she wanted to go, I knew she wanted to see her brother safe with her own eyes, but at the same time, I knew why my brother wasn't allowing anyone to come. Hyun Ki could and would do anyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter