Birthday Party

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"W-What?" I looked at him as my face was heating up while I sat there stunned. I didn't know how to react; I didn't know what to say. He was practically staring into my soul, something that a lot of guys couldn't do.

"Tell me Hae," he smirked as he grabbed my other hand and clasped both of my hands together with his as he sat our hands gently on the table. He looked at me straight in the eyes as I gulped. "What do I have to do to win your heart?"

If I said, I was stunned earlier... I'm more than just stunned. I'm dumbfounded, baffled, speechless, shocked, all the above. I blinked several times as he just chuckled. "I just love your expressions,"

The hell? I pulled my hands away from him and glared at him. "You can't. You won't. You never will be able to. Yonghwa already has my heart. All. Of. It. You don't fit into the equation at all. You can't just replace Yonghwa like that. You haven't been through what we've been through. You can't understand one bit," I said jabbing my finger in his direction.

He raised his eyebrow as he straightened up and fixed his tie. I honestly can't lie how amazing he looks in a suit, but I can't let my guard down. I simply can't, because the moment I do... is the moment he takes the advantage.

"Well, I know I can't just replace Yonghwa," he said.

"Damn right,"

"But..." he stares at me as he leans in "I can give you a lot more than what he can. Whatever you want, I will give it to you. We can travel the world whenever we want. You won't have to work for Samsung. You can either work at my company or just be my housewife," he smirks as he tilts his head to the side.

"E-Excuse me? H-House wife? You got to be kidding! Who said I was going to marry you? I don't care what you can give me. I don't care if we can travel the world. You can't just buy love. You have to earn it!"

He chuckled a little as he played with his Rolex watch. I got to give it to him though. I mentally slapped myself.

"Eventually, but it has to be soon," he smirked. That stupid dumb grin. "Who in the hell said I was going to marry you? Do you not ing understand that I have a boyfriend? Someone that I dearly love and cherish? What makes you think I'm going to drop everything and run into your arms?" I questioned as I glared at him.

"You sure like cussing," he observed.

"See. You don't know me. That's one of my charms I guess," I flipped my hair. Wait... What did I just say?

He chuckled a bit. "That's what I like about you,"

"You don't know crap about me. You just saw my picture on my mom's desk. What made you want to meet me? What's so special about me?" I asked. I was curious about that. I wanted to know. Why would someone like him want to be with someone like me? He is a successful model-turned-actor. Why does he want someone like me who's just a Chief at Samsung and doesn't know what to do with the rest of her life?

His facial expression softened as he looked at me. "Not only are you beautiful, but you're smart. You have this passion for work that I don't see in other women your age. All they want to do is party and go to clubs. When I saw that picture of you, I just knew I had to meet you. I had to get to know. I didn't care what lengths I would have to take to get the opportunity to meet you. You just bring new meaning to me. I never felt this connection to someone before, but I just didn't know you had a boyfriend already. At first, I felt like I should have just left, but I knew that would be wrong. Especially towards your parents who brought me all the way back to Korea. After talking to you that day outside in the backyard, I just knew I had to try. Give it a shoot. Like I said I don't care if you have a boyfriend. An idol at that but I want to get to know you better. So please, can we please just try to make this work? I'm not trying to make you leave your boyfriend and come to me. I would glad if you actually but that's beside the point. I just want to see if we have something special, 'cause you're special to me in more ways than you think," he said as he stared into my eyes.

His eyes and facial expression were so tender, so pure, so passionate as he spoke. I think I might have lost myself a bit just staring at his face. God his face was so perfect so beautiful. How could I reject him like that? Then I thought of Yonghwa. How heartbroken he would be. I couldn't bring myself to do that to him. Yonghwa meant everything to me, and I can't just let someone like Lee Soo Hyuk get in the way of that. Yeah sure he's successful he ticks off all the check marks on a girls wish list of the perfect man, but Yonghwa is just as great as him. Even better. He loved me for me. He supports me in everything. He gives me the benefit of the doubt. How can I have the heart to let that all go down the drain when Lee Soo Hyuk shows up, literally at my doorstep.

I sighed because I honestly didn't know what to say. I was in a great inner turmoil, and I needed time to think. I wasn't questioning my relationship with Yonghwa. Not one bit, it was Lee Soo Hyuk I was questioning.

"Are you ready to order?" the waitress came back as she stared at Soo Hyuk with no shame. She had bad timing. He did give a heartfelt confession, which I applaud him for.

"Can you give us more time?" he asked. "Sure," she stared once more before catching my eyes, and she quickly backed away as she fast walked back towards the kitchen.

"What was all that about?" he asked smirking a little as he lifted his eyebrows. "Nothing," I nonchalantly say as I pick up the menu and look over it.

I heard him chuckle a bit before he did the same. "What are you ordering?" I dared ask. "Like I said a steak and probably dessert. Strawberry cheesecake?"

"Hmm, steak sounds nice. I want that too. Oh please now. I hate strawberry flavored things. I distaste it very much. I also don't like cheesecake. Sooo..." I trailed off as I looked towards the back of the menu.

"Chocolate mousse sound good to you?" I asked tilting my head as I smiled. He looked at me stunned before breaking into a smile himself. "Sure. Anything that you want. Are you ready?" he asked.

"Yup,"

He lifted his hand to flag down the waitress. "We're ready to order," he said looking at me. "Oh right. I want this bacon-wrapped steak. Medium-done. No onions, please. A caesar salad on the side will do. Oh, and can I get..." I looked at the menu. I needed something to drink. I needed something other than water.

"This wine right here," I pointed. The waitress quickly jotted everything down. "And for you sir?"

Soo Hyuk ordered almost the same thing, but his was the special they had.

"I'll be back with your wine shortly," she bowed before hurrying off. "Wine hmm? I thought you wanted water to speed things up huh?"

"I do have two hours for lunch, and you seemed sincere about your little confession. I'm not mean like that," I said as I took a sip of my water. He looked at me slightly amused but grateful at the same time. I just hoped he wasn't getting the wrong idea.

---

Young's POV

I was in my office like usual, just checking on patients medical records and what not. It was about to be lunch time, and I wondered what the three idiots had in mind.

Lately, I've been eating lunch with those three for some odd reason unknown, but I honestly didn't care at all.

"Dr. Hee! Are you ready?" Max said as he just opened the door. "What did I tell you?" I eyed him. "Oh right... sorry,"

"Whatever. Let me grab my purse," I said as I stood up and shrugged out of my white coat and hung it on the coat hanger. I grabbed my purse and phone and followed Max out of my office. I turned off the lights and locked the door before heading towards the elevator where the other two were waiting.

"Took you long enough," grumbled Jinhwan. "What did you say?" I asked raising a fist. He cowards away. "Nothing Dr. Hee,"

The elevator dinged, and we all got in. "So what should we eat today?" asked Max as he looked at all of us. "Hmm, burgers. I need some American food in my system," said Taeho. "I second that," I automatically said. Burgers are life, and I also was craving them.

"Okay, burgers it is!"

 

Once we found a decent burger place, we all sat down and ordered our food. I texted Hae wondering what she was up to, but unlike her, she didn't reply right away.

Maybe she's at a meeting.

Soon our orders came, and we started eating. Taeho dug in and was devouring it. "Dud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter