Months Later

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4 Months Later...

I was going to work like usual. Everything was normal... so far. Maybe. Honestly, Young really hasn't been the same since what happened four months ago with Hyun Ki shooting her. All the guys, of course, freaked out. Hyun Ki was arrested and sent to jail for a year. In Su disappeared and I really didn't care.

I was really worried about Young because I was afraid that Hyun Ki might come to hurt her again after he gets out. I thought he would have been sentenced to at least four or more years, but I guess not.

Sighing a little, I looked at the chart in front of me. Is Young doing alright? Is she... acting normal?

She has been going to a psychologist since what happened. I couldn't attend most of them but Minhyuk would go with her for the most part. Yonghwa has gotten extremely overprotective of me. But who could blame him? Seeing that Young was shot by a crazy ex, he just couldn't let anything happen to me.

I tried to put my thoughts aside and concentrate on the task at hand. I sighed and looked at the chart once more focusing on what was on it and making sure the circuits and what not were correct.

 

After work, I decided to head to Young's workplace to see if she was okay.

"Chief Yoon!"

Turning around as I was exiting my office, I saw Si Yeon run over to me.

"Yes?" I asked as I looked the door and started walking towards the elevator.

"Uh... I was wondering if you wanted to eat dinner with me tonight," he asked smiling. From what I heard from Eun Hee was that Si Yeon had a crush on me, despite the fact that I'm with Yonghwa now.

I didn't believe her at first but then when I started piecing everything together it all made sense. Don't get me wrong, Si Yeon is a great employee and a great person, but I don't know if I even see him other than my co-worker. Plus... he doesn't know I'm already in a relationship. I just don't to crush his happy spirit.

"I was actually on my way to Samsung Medical Center," I said as I pressed the button to go down. I adjusted my purse on my forearm as I just looked straight ahead. I just didn't want to see the disappointment in his eyes.

"Are you sick?" he asked concerned looking over me. I smirked slightly but quickly hide the fact.

"No. I'm going to visit Young-Unni," I said quickly glancing at him. Since he was basically a whole foot taller than I was, I had to crane my neck to look up at him. That giant.

He nodded his head, looking relieved. I grinned. The elevator dinged and opened the doors. I walked in and he followed behind me.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Don't you have work to do?"

He cleared his throat as he nervously played with his hands.

"Y-Yes, but I want to you out," he said as he failed to hide the smile that formed on his face.

I sighed. Aish... this boy. Or rather this man. He is 27...

"Alright, but once I get in my car you head back here and finish what you were doing. Okay?" I said as I pressed the button for the first floor.

"Yes! Chief Yoon!" he smiled as I shook my head as he grinned. We stood in the elevator in silence before he spoke up.

"So Chief, when is your birthday?" he asked.

"Why?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He fiddled with his fingers before answering.

"Just wondering,"

I sighed a little. "June 26th," 

"What?! Really?" he asked shocked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well I mean, it's in a few months," he said.

"Yeah well I suppose," I really didn't know what to say to him. Let alone just straight tell him I'm with Yonghwa now.

The elevator dinged and opened its door. I walked out into the lobby.

"You can go back up. I'll be fine now," I said as he hesitated a little before nodding.

"Yes, Chief Yoon," 

I waved him goodbye before walking towards the parking garage.

 

Once I arrived at the medical center, my worries grew even more. I parked the car and walked in. Young's secretary saw me and smiled.

"Hello Yoon Hae," she said.

"Hello, you know you can drop the formalities," I said

"No, it's fine really," she said.

"Unni," I said sternly. She looked at me.

"Alright, just don't tell Chief Hee. Or she might kill me," she whispered the last part. Sending shivers down my spine. I knew she was kidding... but just the thought. After what happened to Young, I really appreciate life itself. How precious it really is and how easily it can be taken away from you.

I rolled my eyes before heading to her office. I knocked twice before opening the door.

"Oh hey you," she said looking up from some files she had in front of her.

"Hey. How have you been?" I asked closing the door behind me.

"Okay. Why you ask?" she said closing the file. I sat down on one of the couches she had.

"Because I'm worried about you," I said sighing running my hand through my hair.

"Why are you worried about me?" she asked walking over.

"Because of what happened, four months ago," I muttered the last part. She sighed and sat down.

"If it's about Hyun Ki. I'm perfectly fine now. I was just in shock for that time being. But I'm past that. Hae... I'm fine. Okay. Look, I'm normal. Perfect as can be," she said

"I know Unni. But mentally? Emotionally? Are you okay? That scar, on your shoulder, will heal, but will your soul?" I said looking at her.

She sighed again. "Sometimes I wonder if I'm the oldest. You and these mature moments that you have," she chuckled.

"I'm being serious," I glared at her. Sometimes Young could be so stubborn.

"I know. Look Hae, I'm seriously very happy that you're worrying about me but in reality, there is no need to worry about me,"

"Yes, there is. Unni you..." I paused because I wasn't sure if I should tell her or not, but really thinking about it, she needed to know. She needed to know what she was doing while she slept. "You cry in your sleep,"

She looked at me shocked. "No I don't," her face was turning red. Meaning she knew, but she didn't want to admit it.

"Admit it. I know that you know that you do," she simply looked at me. Defeated. I won yet again. I had the reason yet again.

---

Young's POV

"Do you feel safe now that he's in jail?" Dr. Ji Hae asked me 

I shifted on the beige couch slightly and folded my hands in my lap before answering her.

"Yes," 

"Do you really?" She lifted her eyebrow at me.

"Because you've folded your hands four times already in the last twenty minutes, so you're lying and you're nervous," 

"Stop it," I shook my head. 

"Stop what?" 

"You're profiling me," 

"You're my patient, I notice things and pick up on it. You were shot, I've accepted it and you've accepted it. Now he's in jail so can you tell me now are you still afraid of not? Simple answer," 

"And I'm telling you that yes, I'm fine," 

Dr. Ji Hae crossed her legs and looked at me for a long second. 

"So if I were to tell you that Kim Hyun Ki was released from jail today, you'd go on about your day perfectly normal?" 

Immediately my first reaction was to tense up but I tried to hide the fact by squaring my jaw and crossing my ankles.

"Y-Yes," I told her. 

Dr. Ji Hae gave me a look like she didn't believe for a second any word I had just said and frankly I didn't blame her. 

"No you wouldn't. Do you know how I know that?" 

"Because of the stutter?" I sighed. 

"No," she shook her head and leaned forward.

"Because of the look in your eyes, they're afraid but cautious and you keep coming back. You come back to me to tell me these things and you may not notice it, but you're in fear of what ifs. The possibility when he gets out what is going to happen to you? How am I going to go on each and every single day knowing that nothing is going to stop him now," she motioned with her hands. 

I swallowed down the argument in the back of my throat and she leaned over to squeeze my hand that was now clenching tightly to my thigh. 

"It's okay," she whispered. 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter