Family Affair

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't believe this!"

Minhyuk looked up just as the rest of us came inside and I smiled in his direction automatically as he moved from the couch and made his way over swiftly, wrapping an arm around my waist with a raise of his eyebrow. 

"What's going on? What happened out there? How was the party?"

"One thing at a time," I sighed. 

Jae and Yonghwa both helped Hae inside the house as she blabbered on in unintelligable sentences right in Yonghwa's chest while Ji Sang stood hesitantly outside the door until I waved him inside and he closed the door quickly behind himself. 

"Drunk?" Minhyuk chuckled.

"Very," I ran my hands down my face. 

Yonghwa led Hae through the living room before taking her upstairs and I unwound Minhyuk's arm from around me before leaning up to kiss his cheek and follow after Yonghwa to see if he needed any help. 

 

Minhyuk's POV

"Um..." I looked around the room awkwardly. 

Jungshin coughed into his elbow and pulled out his phone, completely ignoring what I said and the twins went back into the kitchen; like they never got tired of eating while I looked over at Young's coworker whose name I already forgot. This was so embarrasing. 

"I'm Minhyuk," I extended my hand out to him. "Kang Minhyuk, Young's fiance' nice to meet you,"

The guy smiled back at me, he had a really handsome face and a tall stature, almost as tall as Jungshin but just a little shorter. "Dr. Park Ji Sang, Young really doesn't talk a lot about you, I was surprised she was even engaged," he said confused. 

My face twisted up into a grimace and I immediately let go of his hand before Jungshin dropped his phone in his lap and burst out laughing, clapping his hands together before reaching for his stomach. 

"She doesn't even talk about you Minhyuk!"

"Shut up!" 

"She really doesn't?!"

My heart deflated and for a split second I felt like running upstairs and dragging Young back down so she could explain what the hell this guy was talking about.

 Ji Sang smiled at me and I swear I wanted to punch him in his little perfect face before he started laughing too and then I was really confused when he shook his head and leaned over to pat me on the shoulder.

"I'm just messing with you, Young talks about you all the time when she doesn't think about it. Even though I just started working here I can tell that she cares for you a lot man,"

I stared at him hesitantly before he smiled again and I shook it off before shoving him lightly and going back to my spot on the couch. "Yeah yeah not funny, it's not like I was worried or anything," I mummbled.

"Oh yeah because your face was just screaming, YOUNG LOVES TALKING ABOUT ME!" Dong-Yul laughed loudly until Dong-Sun joined in and started mocking me by making faces that were supposed to resemble my expression.

"I don't like you two!"

"Get used to us brother" Dong-Sun smiled. "Yeah we're going to be around forever and ever," Dong-Yul finished. 

I lifted up the couch pillow to throw at them but they quickly fled out of view, laughing loudly as they went while Ji Sang took a seat beside Jungshin with his hands on his lap.

"So all of you live here?" he said to make small talk. I stared at him wearily which caused him to laugh again before he leaned back and held up his hands.

"I swear no more jokes, you have my word,"

My eyes raked over him again before I shook my head and sighed. "No, this is just Young and Hae's place along with Young's brothers,"

"Oh," he nodded. "So..uh.. how long have you and Young known each other?"

"Twenty fours years, " I narrowed my eyes.

"He's lying," Jungshin said nonchalantly while scrolling through his phone before looking up. "He met her almost two years ago and they've been together since,"

"Yah! Whose side are you on Jungshin-ah?!'

"I'm just telling him the truth," he shrugged.

"Well it feels like I've known Young my whole life, that's why I said twenty four years," I mummbled the last part.

Both Jungshin and Ji Sang made matching faces of disgust before Jungshin shook his head and made a vomitting noise. "You are seriously gross as hell. I think I need to bring a barf bag if I'm going to come back over here- like if Young heard that or any of the things that you say then she would call off this wedding. I'm one hundred percent positive!"

"Yah!"

They both started laughing and actually high fived each other before I rolled my eyes and reached for the TV remote so I could drown out the sound of their new formed friendship.

 

Young's POV

"Hae!"

I shook her shoulder lightly while Yonghwa came back from the bathroom with the bottle of water and the pills in his hand that I had asked him to get. 

Hae was in between dosing off and laughing uncontrollably- tugging on the bottom of my shirt and smiling everytime I slapped her hand away until Yonghwa came back into the room and sat down by her side. 

"Love of my l-life!" she hiccuped. "I love you!" she tried to climb up over into his lap and I quickly pushed her back down into the bed which caused her to pout at me before Yonghwa chuckled and handed her the pill. 

"Take this Hae, it will make you feel better and you can get some sleep," he said holding his hand out. "Don't want to," Hae turned her head away. 

"Take it," I frowned. 

"No!"

"Yah dongsaeng! If you don't take that pill I'm going to shove it down your throat and make you!"

Hae's eyes widened and not a split second later she just burst into tears and immediately Yonghwa tried to comfort her while I sighed loudly and rubbed the bridge of my nose.

"I'm sorry Hae, I didn't mean that. You know I love you right?'

"I don't know. Do you?" she cried and wiped her eyes before a fresh set of tears started falling again.

I seriously wanted to slap her but that would do nothing to handle this situation so I sighed through my nose and instead wiped her cheeks with my fingertips before rubbing her shoulder. "You know I love you but uh..." I looked around the room. "You really should take this pill because if you don't then you will-your disease will get worse!"

"Disease?! I have a disease?!" she wailed.

Yonghwa shot me a look and I shoved him before shaking my head. "No no no, we're not sure yet but when I checked you out at the hospital I think there was something on the test and I'm not sure so that's why you have to take this pill!"

"You at lying!" Yonghwa hissed. "Obviously not, remember your solo album, when I told you it was great? Lie! Also I don't see you doing anything!"

Yonghwa gasped and opened his mouth to say something but I waved him off. 

Hae continued to cry but snatched the pill out of his hand and swallowed it dry in one gulp before she sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter