Keep It Professional

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Young's POV

"Wow wow wow just wow," I shook my head. 

"What do you mean wow?" Hae frowned. "Say something else besides that! I don't know what to do!" she whispered urgently. 

I looked over my shoulder and Soo Hyuk was leaning against the entrance to the kitchen, telling something to Minhyuk and Jonghyun while Yonghwa was in the kitchen with Hae's parents. He had been in there for awhile, just talking to them while Hae's appa insisted on making something for everyone and her umma grilled Yonghwa. 

"Is that what he really said to you?" I turned back to Hae. 

She nodded furiously and pulled me in closer by my elbow. "Yes! He said he was interested on his own and that umma twisted his intentions! So he came here because he wanted to? I-I don't even like him!" she huffed. 

I looked over at her and she frowned even harder at me until I was smoothing out the crease between her eyebrows. "What?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "You made it clear to him that you're not even interested so I don't see what's there to worry about right?"

She nodded and we both turned around right as Soo Hyuk looked our way and winked directly at Hae. My neck turned red and I turned back around quickly while Hae cursed underneath her breath and I patted my cheeks. 

"Yah! What's wrong with you? What are you doing that for?!"

"I don't know if you noticed this!" I whispered. "But Soo Hyuk is fine! F-I-N-E! I don't know how you're going to keep this up!'

"Young!"

"I'm kidding! Well actually..."

Hae pinched my arm and I yelped before hitting her back until Jungshin coughed to get our attention and we both stopped what we were doing to stare at everyone who had their eyes on us. 

"Sorry," I muttered. 

"Same," Hae bowed her head. 

Dong-Yul rolled his eyes and followed Max and Dong-Sun as they went out to the backyard while everyone else went back to what they were doing as Soo Hyuk smirked and turned around.

"He keeps making these stupid expressions too, I hate him," Hae added in.

"What are you two gossiping about over there?" Mrs. Yoon stuck her head out from around the corner.

"Nothing!" we both said at the same time.

"Lie!" Jungshin said. "You shut up!" I raised my fist and he flinched away to hide behind Soo Hyuk.

Mrs. Yoon shook her head and waved us over with her hand while Yonghwa came around behind her. "Come in so we can talk more and why is this kitchen so dirty? You both live here right?" she stared at Hae.

"Umma!" Hae whined and dragged herself to her mother. "Please,"

Mrs.Yoon scoffed and Yonghwa slipped out from behind her to take Hae's hand and slowly pull her out of eye sight while Minhyuk smiled at me and motioned his head upstairs.

"Where are you going? Dinner is almost ready," Mrs.Yoon raised an eyebrow.

"Dinner?!" Dong-Sun stuck his head back in. "It's only two umma!"

"You eat now or you don't eat at all!" she shook her head.

Dong-Sun frowned and muttered something underneath his breath before stepping back outside while everyone started to seperate. "We'll be back!"

 

Hae's POV

"What did she say to you?!" I said to Yonghwa once he closed the door behind us. 

He moved over to the other side of the room and sat on the edge of the bed before pulling me over so I could stand in between his legs and wrapped his arms around my waist. His eyes had this weird look to him that I don't think I had ever seen before and he stared at me for a long time before even saying anything. He laid his head against my stomach before staring back up. 

"She doesn't like me,"

"Yonghwa-"

"Wait," he held up a finger. "I could see it in the way she talked to me. Like we were acquaintances instead of family. I don't know what I have ever done to her to be talked to like that but she hates me, I can feel it. She doesn't like me one bit and I think it's because of who I am,"

"Listen I know she seems rough around the edges now but you have to give her some time. She'll be like that at first, she will I promise. It will get better though, once she becomes more comfortable around you then things will change,"

"I don't think so," he said unsure. 

"I know my mother, trust me,"

"She seems to like Soo Hyuk more than me by a long shot right now,"

I ran my fingers through his hair and made him look at me while I shook my head. "Forget about Soo Hyuk okay? I love you, I fell in love with you and I want YOU. Okay? Just believe that and she will too,"

Yonghwa still looked unsure, partially like he wasn't buying it and another like that would never happen but I had to be positive because if I had doubt too then it wouldn't help anybody. 

"Okay," he nodded his head. He faced my stomach again and closed his eyes while resting his cheek against it.

 

Later at Dinner

Young's POV

This was so awkward. 

This was the most awkward dinner I have ever had in my life. Everyone was so busy eating that no one was talking, or rather avoided talking at all. The only sounds were from spoons scrapping against bowls and chopsticks against the plates. I wasn't even that hungry because I felt so awkward. My plate stared back at me and I moved everything around to make it look like I was eating but when I looked up and caught eyes with Dong-Yul he was laughing with Max while Dong-Sun was making stupid faces with his food. I should have never let Max come over, I knew my idiot brothers would turn him. 

Mae was in the living room feeding Catalina and Ricky was eating while his eyes drooped lower and lower with each bite. Every time his head reeled back he would jerk forward and stuff another spoonful in his mouth. It was so cute I wanted to laugh but the tension was too thick in here. Ji Sang and Jungshin were talking like best friends and I didn't even know why and Minhyuk sent them a glare everytime Ji Sang nudged him but I brushed it off. Yonghwa kept glancing at Hae's mom and tried to make as much conversation as he could but she would always either cut him off or change the subject. I felt bad for him honestly, I didn't see what she disliked about him so much but then Soo Hyuk could have been another reason too. 

"Soo Hyuk," Mrs. Yoon finally said. 

He looked up from his plate and smiled at her politely. "Yes ma'am?"

Hae and Yonghwa rolled their eyes at the same time and Minhyuk chuckled while reaching for his glass. "Tell us about your career as an actor. You've worked on so many successfully dramas ."

"Ah," he smiled slightly. "I worked very hard to get where I'm at. It was worth it though and yes I do enjoy being an actor, it comes with a lot of responsibilites but benefits as well. I've had the joy of visiting many countries on my jet," he turned his eyes to Hae. 

"Umma," Hae ignored him. "Yonghwa has been around the world too probably just as much and he is in a very great position at his entertainment company. He writes and composes his own music. Tell her Yonghwa," she nudged him. 

"Yes yes," he said quickly. "It's wonderful and while I don't necessarily have my own jet- we have a tour bus and it's just as spacious," he smiled. 

"That's interesting," Mrs. Yoon nodded but turned her attention back to Soo Hyuk while Minhyuk and I both looked back and forth between the two, because this was starting to resemble a drama. 

"You have multiple houses too don't you Soo Hyuk?"

"Yes," he nodded. "Even in America, perhaps I could invite you over Hae," he smiled at her. "I have a wine cellar in the basement that we could put to use,"

Yonghwa choked on his water and Hae glared at him before turning to her boyfriend and patting him on the back while my eyes widened. "Well," I laughed and slapped my hands on my lap. "Dinner has been great but I'm tired," I fake yawned. "I think we should all turn in for the day don't you?" I said to everyone. 

"But babe it's only the middle of the-" M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter