Surprise After Surprise

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hae!" My sister smiled widely. 

I squealed and gathered her in my arms as she came forward and felt her laugh vibrate through my skin. She pulled back after a minute and pinched my cheek though I noticed her eyes looked tired even though she was glowing. 

"Finally," I frowned. "I thought you were going to skip out on dinner," 

Mae rolled her eyes and motioned Victor over who was carrying a tray in his hands and smiled when he saw us in the doorway. 

"Trust me we wouldn't miss this, besides Ricky would have a fit and never forgive me. I think Victor was more excited than me," she chuckled. 

I laughed and ushered them inside the house before shutting the door and directing them towards where everyone was crowding around the kitchen. As soon as Victor and Mae came in, everyone turned around and smiled, while the guys that didn't know them politely bowed and greeted them. Young waved at Mae and took the tray from her husband and offering them to sit. 

"Where's my Ricky?" Mae looked around curiously. 

The little boy, dressed in a maroon button up and black slacks, was trying to look at all the food on the table but was being blocked from seeing anything because Jungshin hyung, stopped when he heard his name being called. He scrambled out from around the table and his eyes grew wide when he spotted his mom waving at him with a smile. 

"Umma!" He squealed excitedly and raced toward her. 

She picked him up just in time and set him on her lap as he kissed her cheeks and his appa patted the top of his head. 

"Ricky waited for a long time for you," the little boy said to his mom. 

"But it looks like you had fun," she kissed his cheek. 

"Oh, I did," he said happily and grabbed her face so he could look into her eyes. "I was a good boy too," 

Mae smiled at her son and shifted him on her lap until he was comfortable while everyone else helped situate the food around the huge tables and pass plates, knives and utensils to everyone. 

 

Young's POV

"What did you guys even bring?" I looked over to Victor as I put the tray on the table and Minhyuk grabbed down glasses from the cabinet to hand to everyone. 

He scratched the back of his neck sheepishly and looked over with a shrug. "Just some arroz con leche,"

When he saw the face that I made, his eyes widened immediately and he shook his head quickly. "Don't worry Mae didn't have any part in it this time,"

Hearing her name being called, she turned towards us and raised her eyebrow with a confused expression. "Hm?"

Victor and I both shook our heads and he smiled while rubbing her back, "nothing,"

As everyone started taking their seats around the table and helped with unveiling some of the food that was still covered up, Minhyuk pulled out a chair next to me and kissed the top of my head as I sat down before he slid into his seat too. Dong-Yul sat on my other side followed by Dong-Sun and Hae who was seated beside Yonghwa. Seung Hyub and Chan Hun had sat at either end of the table while Jungshin, Jonghyun, Jaehyun and KwangJin sat across from us with the other members of FT Island. 

Dong-Yul said a small prayer for all of us before we ate and after he finished, I smiled and patted the top of his head while everyone clapped and began helping to pass the bowls of food around. it was ridiculous how much these guys could actually eat, their plates were piled with food and even when they were stuffing their face, they were still reaching over and picking food off the others plate. 

Jungshin had grabbed the tray that held the arroz con leche and scooped out a spoonful before hesitantly lifting it up to his nose to sniff and I frowned before kicking his leg underneath the table. He almost dropped the spoon if it wasn't for the tight grip he had on it but when he looked up at me, I just glared and he sighed. It wasn't polite to just sniff food like that. 

He put some on his plate after looking over at me hesitantly and then scooped some into his mouth before he froze and his eyes went wide. At first, I thought that I was the only one watching him until I leaned over and saw Hae looking as well with an exasperated sigh.

"Do you like it?" I said to the giant who continued to scoop more into his mouth.

He chewed some more before breaking out into a wide smile and proceeded to lift his thumb up and nod at us. "It's really good!" he said around a mouthful of it. 

I shook my head and Hae laughed while Ricky slid off his mom's lap and went to get his teddy bear that was wedged between the couch cushions and walked back and forth from Mae, Jungshin and Hae to be fed. At one point he had reached onto the table and pulled down Jungshin's glass, his eyes being the only thing that I could see over the table and took a quick sip before putting it back and running over to his mom. This little boy was something else. 

Conversation carried on, with everyone talking to one another, cracking jokes and laughing at something stupid but all around enjoying the company of friends and family. Dong-Sun had been eating too fast and bit his tongue, causing him to whine and rub his jaw while Hae told him he would be fine and Yonghwa trying to get her to stop comforting him because 'he wasn't a baby.' I felt someone touch me underneath the table and raised my eyebrow as I took a look only to see Minhyuk's hand on my thigh. He smiled at me when I blushed and shoved him lightly with my shoulder but made no move to take his hand away, not that I was complaining.

 

Later On...

After we had all finished dinner, the guys volunteered to help clean up all the food and wash the dishes but Hae and I refused because they were our guests and that wouldn't be fair. However, Yonghwa and Minhyuk clearly had other ideas when they quite literally picked us up and carried us out of the kitchen while sitting us in the living room. I blushed when he sat me down on the recliner and pecked my lips, choosing to bury my face in the pillow while Hae made a weird noise in the back of and frowned. 

"They're too much," I mumbled into the material.

Mae laughed as she came over to take a seat next to her sister, with Ricky following closely behind and pulled him into her lap as the twins came out of the kitchen. 

"Why aren't you helping the others?" I asked them. 

"We did!" Dong-Yul chirped and took a sip from his soda while Dong-Sun laid down on the carpet. 

"Really?"

"Yep," he lifted his head up. "They told us to bring them all the dishes, so we did. Easy enough,"

I took the pillow that I was holding and threw it at his head as he laughed and rolled over so he was now lying on his back. "Noona, no need to get violent,"

"You guys are so lazy," I grumbled. 

Dong-Yul took another sip of his drink before offering some to his brother and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "I just want to know when we can open our presents,"

"Let's wait for everyone," Hae finally spoke up. She leaned forward so she could get a look into where everyone was moving around and talking amongst each other and smiled when she saw Yonghwa doing dishes with the pink panda gloves. 

The twins both frowned while looking at each other and scooted their way closer towards the Christmas tree to inspect the presents that were laid around underneath and some lining the wall. 

Chan Hun strolled into the living room after a minute with JaeHyun following a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter