Where Are You?

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Young's POV

"Young!"

There was insistent pounding on the door until I left Dong-Sun's side to answer it, only to be greeted by Hae and Soo Hyuk, who looked equally as worried behind her.

"Have you heard anyth-"

"No, no, I haven't. Listen I need you to stay here with my brother while I go out there and try to find Dong-Yul. Jae already left," I said while running a hand through my hair quickly.

Soo Hyuk opened his mouth to say something but shut it just as quickly and went over to the other side of Dong-Sun, who had grabbed a hold of Hae and continued to cry in her side. I bit my lip while staring at him and my heart was beating so fast that I was becoming nervous until Hae called me again and snapped me out of it.

"Young?"

"I'll be back, I'll be back,"

A part of me thought that maybe I should stay behind but I couldn't- not when I felt useless with my brother crying over the fact that he thought it was all his fault when it wasn't.

I rushed out of the house and got in my car so fast, that I completely ignored my seatbelt and backed out of the driveway before taking off in the direction of where Dong-Yul was last seen. There were barely any people wandering around outside, only couples walking hand in hand, children with their parents and kids with their headphones on.

Some of the street lights were on but it was still too dark to see out, so I slowed my car down and leaned out of the window some to see if I could spot Dong-Yul anywhere. I looked both ways on either side of the street and drove multiple times throughout the neighborhood and even further out until I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere.

Eventually, I pulled my car over to the side of the road and hopped out, locking it behind me and starting off on foot back the way I had came. I stopped people on the street and asked them if they had seen my brother as I showed them a picture on my phone but many people either shook their head or didn't bother to answer me at all.

"Excuse me- excuse me sir," I stopped a man in a business casual suit with an earpiece in his ear. "Sorry, but have you seen this boy? He's my brother,"

When I showed him the picture of Dong-Yul, he rolled his eyes at me and looked at my phone briefly before shaking his head and waving me off. "No, no, haven't seen him,"

He side stepped me and kept on his way, reaching up to his ear piece and going back to his conversation as I swore underneath my breath and continued walking. The wind started to pick up, biting at my face as I tried to walk faster and at the same time keep a look out for any sign of my little brother.

While I almost turned back around to start on the opposite street that would lead me back to my car, I noticed a convenience store on the side that made me think of what Dong-Sun had said earlier. I ran forward and pushed a few people out of the way before rushing into the store and startling the old man that was behind the counter.

He grabbed his chest in shock and I bowed quickly before going to the counter and turning my phone towards him in desperation. "Excuse me ahjussi but this is my brother. Did you see him come in here or leave out?"

He blinked a couple times at me before putting his glasses down and studying the picture closely until he looked back up at me and nodded carefully. "Ah...yeah. He was in here awhile ago, he had a bunch of snacks in his hand and said his brother was waiting for him. He left after paying though,"

"With someone?"

"No," he shook his head. "By himself, walked right out the door," he waved his hand.

My face fell so hard that I don't think I would have had time to pull it together if I tried. My phone slid from my hand and smacked against the counter while I slumped down and my head sagged in disbelief.

 

Hae's POV

Back at the House

I could feel my shirt getting wet the harder Dong-Sun cried into my side. His hand was holding onto my own so tight that I thought he was going to leave a bruise but I didn't say anything because I could only imagine how he felt right now. Both of them are literally attached at the hip, even though they argued a lot and got on each other's nerves, you never saw one without the other so what Dong-Sun must have felt was probably unbearable.

I patted down his hair with my other hand and tried to rock him as best as I could, but he wasn't showing any signs of stopping. "Why don't I get him some water?" Soo Hyuk said suddenly.

He looked uncomfortable but worried at the same time and his hands grabbed at his thighs before I nodded at him and he got up from the couch just as quickly.

He dissapeared into the kitchen but I could hear him moving around and the sound of cabinets closing while the water from the faucet ran. I tried to lift Dong-Sun's head up and after a few attempts, he let me pull him away so I could wipe his eyes and pat his face dry with the sleeves of my shirt. His face was red and his lips were trembling and he looked so small that my heart constricted in the weirdest way.

"Hey hey hey- it's going to be alright. Stop crying, we're going to find your brother Dong-Sun," I said softly.

"And if we don't?" he sniffled hard. "And if we don't then what? Huh Hae?" A fresh set of tears welled in his eyes and I pushed some of his hair out of his face before pulling him into a hug and holding him tightly.

"Don't think like that," I whispered.

As I was patting his back, Soo Hyuk returned with the water and handed it to me so I was able to pull away and hold the glass up to Dong-Sun's lips as he took hesitant sips. He didn't finish it all but he drank some before pushing my hand away and curling into my side, with his head on my lap.

He continued to cry even though I did everything I could to calm him down, his body shook from the sobs that came from his mouth and his fingers grabbed a hold of my thighs as he tried to hold on, to what I don't know, but I just let him and only the top of his head. I don't know how long we stayed like that but eventually he fell asleep after all the crying and Soo Hyuk scooted himself closer to me and put his arm behind my back to push me into his side.

I look over at the clock on the mantel above the TV and before I can say anything, Soo Hyuk puts his finger underneath my chin and makes me look at him as I raise my eyebrow.

"What?"

He motions down to my lap where Dong-Sun is snoring softly and I don't notice it but my fingers are carding through his hair gently and I turn red as Soo Hyuk continues to stare at me with a tiny smirk at the edge of his lips. 

"You never do that to me,"

"Are you seriously jealous right now?" I deadpanned. "You're so self-"

He leans down and captures my lips in a quick kiss to cut me off and I make some weird noise in the back of my throat while I feel a smile curve itself on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter