Do Things Your Way

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Young's POV

I didn't know if Jae meant to text me the address on purpose or not, but by the time I had read the message, I was already in my car and pulling out of the garage as I sped down the street toward Cheongdam-dong.

Tears blindled my vision and I blinked them away quickly as I tried not to rile myself up more than necessary but it was hard when I was thinking of every possible thing could be happening to Minhyuk right now. I blew through some of the red lights and avoided near misses as horns blared at me and sped through the streets, zig-zagging through traffic all the while maintaing a tight grip on the steering wheel. 

I took a sharp turn onto a narrow road and pressed my foot down on the gas pedal as my car lurched forward before I could make out two cars in the distance and equally small figures. 

By the time my car had gotten close enough, I didn't waste anytime until I was pulling the car to a stop and shutting the engine off, before jumping out and racing forward. Not bothering to close my door or take notice of how the cops hadn't arrived yet.

"Stop!" I shouted.

The figure, who was easily towering over Minhyuk that was curled up on the ground and trying to block the blunt force of the hits; was cowering below the taller and I tried to latch myself onto Hyun Ki's arm and pull him off of him or at least try to hurt him in some way but he roughly yanked his arm from my grasp and shoved me back; causing me to fall back against the dirt road.

My head knocked against the ground and I groaned in pain as I shut my eyes for a second and took a deep breath, letting the temporary throb run through before I was pushing myself up on my elbows and staring face to face with Hyun Ki.

My breath hitched in my throat as our eyes made contact, while he turned fully around to face me and I noticed how larger he had gotten, muscles rippled underneath the short sleeve shirt and his face was more mature, his jaw sharp and his hair cut short above his ear, making him look older than he was.

When I heard a hiss of pain, my eyes briefly flickered over to get a look at Minhyuk and I thought my heart was going to rip apart and burn into ashes in my stomach. He curled onto his side and his face was scrunched up in pain as he held his stomach and groaned to himself. His lips looked like it had busted, blood leaking from his mouth and one of his eyes were swollen, the left one already forming a bruise while his hair and clothes were tattered and covered with blood in some spots.

"I can't believe you would leave me for this?!" Hyun Ki said incrediously while pointing a finger down at Minhyuk.

He chuckled comically and his eyes turned into crescents as he barked out a loud laughter and clapped his hand on his thigh. "This?! He can't even defend himself, he can't even put up a fight,"

My lower lip trembled slightly and as he walked closer to me, I scooted back on my hands and knees in an attempt to create more space but my hands were digging against rocks and twigs and my footing kept slipping.

The side of his lips lifted up into a smile as he watched me and I felt my heart pick up pace as he walked closer while Minhyuk managed to get one of his eyes open and lift a hand up to try to pull himself up.

"L-Leave..her," he struggled and coughed a little, "Leave her alone,"

Hyun Ki paid no attention to the beaten up man behind him and instead his bottom lip in a slow deliberate swipe before cocking his head to the side.

"Up,"

My eyebrows furrowed and I scooted back again as my palm dug into a particularly sharp rock and I sunk my teeth into my bottom lip to hold back any noise I wanted to make.

"I said, get up. NOW."

His nostrils flared slightly as he clenched his teeth and I contemplated what I should and shouldn't have done before I was shuffling to my feet very slowly all the while keeping my eyes on him at the same time.

I knew how his temper could be back and forth, how something could easily make him snap and turn into whatever homicidal maniac was underneath those clothes. I knew that all now so I waited with bated breath and stumbled slightly once I was on my feet, my knees shaking but for the most part I was keeping myself in check.

Satisfied that I had got up, Hyun Ki smirked and casually strode over to me like we were long lost friends reuniting and rested his hand on the side of my neck as I flinched and instantly slapped his hand off of me as he frowned and with his other grapped my wrist in a tight hold.

"Don't touch me," I said shakily.

He lowered his eyes to stare in mine and I guess I always imagined what it would be like if I ever made contact with him again, what it would be like if our paths crossed and our eyes met again. My skin lingered with goosebumps and the hair on the back of my neck stood as his gaze only seemed to intensify and cause my stomach to churn in partial fear and nervousness.

His other hand, he brought up and grabbed my jaw roughly so I would continue to stare at him even if I tried to jerk away, his fingers only tightened; causing me to wince.

"Hyun Ki, please," I said softly. "Please just leave us alone, please-"

"What is with this 'us'?!" he glared at me. "Do you not understand that you're mine, you were mine first, you leave me and you move on to him?! I gave you everything, I gave you all of your firsts!" he jerked me forward his thumb digging into my chin.

"The cops are coming, let me go," I said between clenched teeth.

He leaned forward and my eyes widened as he smirked at me before moving my head from side to side comically like he was searching for something or trying to get a look for himself before he crushed his lips against mine.

It was hard and I screwed my eyes shut as I brought my hands up and tried to wiggle free and shove him off of me while hitting his chest and a sickening feeling settled in my chest as his lips moved against mine to try to get me to open up to him, but I refused.

After a minute, he pulled back and shoved me back, my balance keeping me up as he sneered at me and his lips. "Next time you better kiss me like you mean it and if the cops follow me, the last time you'll see your boyfriend," he pointed his thumb back to Minhyuk. "Will be in a body bag,"

I froze and he chuckled at my expression before walking casually over to his car and getting inside before he was pulling off of the dirt road and making a wide U-turn to head back the way we came.

I wasted no time in rushing forward to Minhyuk and lifting his body up as best as I could to lean him against his car and inspect just how much damage had been done.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry," I pushed my tears down because that wouldn't do us any good and bit my bottom lip as I ran my fingers hesitantly over his face and he winced lightly when I touched his eye.

For the most part it was just scratches and brusies, his eye was going to swell that was for sure and I used the sleeve of my sweater to wipe away the blood on his lip while he weakly smiled bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter