Anxiety

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Young's POV 

My hands tightened around the steering wheel as I drove down to pick up Hae from work. I looked in my rear view mirror as a car behind me switched lanes to get on the ramp on the other side of me. The box of pizza rested under the bag of chicken I had brought along with the bag of snacks in the passenger seat. I had picked up some cola from the convenience store and would just be a few minutes now. 

My heart was beating quickly inside my chest and I tried to calm myself down by playing some music but after that failed to do anything but make me more nervous, I decided to just leave it alone and drive in silence. My eyes flickered to the side as I pulled up to a Jeep in the lane next to me at the red light and felt my palms grow sweaty. It was the same car Hyun Ki had.

When I looked over at him, he was talking to someone over speaker phone and laughing at what the other person must have said. I took a deep breath and shook my head before pulling off once the light turned for me to go. What was I thinking? In the midst of trying to talk myself into thinking that everything was okay, I drove straight past the exit I was supposed to get on and could only sigh noisily.

"!" I hit the steering wheel. Now I was going to have to drive the rest of the way before making a u-turn around to come back this way.

"Get it together," I said under my breath.

After I managed to come all the way back after a few minutes, I turned off on my exit and it wasn't long until I could see the company building in the distance. I parked along the side and pulled my phone out of the cup holder to shoot Hae a text that I was outside waiting for her. 

She replied back a minute later with a simple okay, and I put my phone back down before sighing and laying my head against the steering wheel. When I closed my eyes I saw his face, when I tried to think of something else or get these thoughts out of my head, it just kept rushing back. Everything that I thought was gone all those months ago, it was beating on my chest and causing me to hit my fists against the steering wheel again. 

"Please please please." I pleaded. "Please go away," 

When I looked back up through the windshield, Hae was making her way out with her bag and I leaned over to move all the things to the backseat before unlocking the car. She opened the door and I made sure I looked fine and even shot her a smile until she looked at me and I noticed her face was red.  

She slid into the seat and put her seatbelt on as I started the car and drove off from the parking. 

"Are you okay?" I asked her after a few minutes of silence. 

Her hands had been placed in her lap and I saw that she was chewing on her bottom lip while looking out the window. She sighed when I asked her and turned to look at me while putting her face in her hands. Jumbled words came out but I could barely make out what she was saying though she was right next to me. 

"What?" 

Hae sighed and ran her hands down her face before turning in the seat slightly. "Si Yeon kissed me," 

My eyes widened and the car jerked to a sharp stop at the red light causing both of us to come forward before slamming back against the seat. 

"He kissed you?!" 

She nodded frantically and wiped with the back of her hand, an upsetting expression settling on her face. "Yes! He forced himself on. Like I was trying to explain to him about the dress and how he should stop and I was already seeing someone and then he asked me if I liked him. But when I was talking he just grabbed me and kissed me! It was so weird and then I finally got him off of me and slapped him and told him to get out," she said in one breath. 

When I looked back over at her, her face had turned red and her hands were clenched into fists on her thighs. She was breathing fast and I took one of my hands off of the steering wheel to take one of her hands and squeeze it gently. I knew it wasn't going to do anything but she seemed to relax some under my touch and that was better than nothing.

"Do you want me to flatten his tires? Key his car? Send him some laxative chocolates?" 

The frustrated look on her face slipped off and she let out a small laugh while shaking her head. "No Unnie, I don't want you to do any of that," 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes," she nodded and ran a hand through her hair with a sigh. "I just wish he wouldn't have done that. Why, why would he do that?!"

"Are you going to fire him?"

Her eyes widened and she looked at me for a long moment as I continued driving before sighing. "I don't want to bring his professional life into this,"

I snorted and gripped the steering wheel tighter. "That flew out the window the moment he started buying you things."

Hae signed again and wrung her fingers before biting her bottom lip. "I don't know, I don't want to just fire him but I don't want to make things awkward between us especially since we see a lot of each other,"

I nodded and turned down the next street, following the usual route I took to get to FNC Ent. "What do you think I should do?"

"Whatever you feel is right, personally I would have flattened his tires but lets not result to violence,"

Hae smiled  and shook her head with a roll of her eyes before I was pulling up to the company building and grabbing a parking spot around the back. I shut the car off and took my seatbelt off when Hae suddenly grabbed my hand and looked at me. 

"Please don't say anything to Minhyuk. He will tell Yonghwa and I don't want him to know, I feel like he will overreact and make things worse," 

I opened my mouth to protest but when I saw the nervous look in her eyes, I immediately backtracked and nodded my head.

"I won't say a word,"

She closed her eyes in relief and took a deep breath before opening them to smile at me. "Thank you,"

We got out of the car a minute later and each grabbed the food from the backseat before I was locking the car and following Hae inside as she lead the way into the building. The receptionist, smiled up at us when she saw Hae and I and if it wasn't for all the food in our hands we would have waved but could only smile in response.

"You must be here to see the boys," she smiled and motioned to all the food.

"That obviou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter