Cheer Up

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jae's POV

I rushed Hae to the hospital as fast as I could. I speed down the highway followed by a few other patrol cars. We zoomed through the traffic as I looked over to the passenger seat. Hae was leaning back with cold sweat rolling down her forehead as she had her eyes shut. She was clenching her lower abdominal. I gulped because I didn't know what else I could do for her.

Soon enough we reach the Medical center and I jumped out of my car as I put it in park and went over to Hae's side to get her out. I carried her inside followed by the detectives that were assigned to her.

"Please get Chief Hee! Quickly!" I yelled as I set Hae down gently on the stretcher that the nurses had prepared. They quickly started an IV and rushed her to a room inside of the usual ward that they attend patients in.

I followed after them along with Brian and Gwan Woo.

Two of the interns that always followed Young around were quickly checking on Hae's condition.

"What happened?" asked one of them. I believed it to be Jinhwan.

"Well I don't know. When I got there she was on lying on the floor while two others were fighting," I said.

He simply nodded as he checked her pulse and opened her eyes as he shone the light into them.

Suddenly Young burst in breathing hard. "W-Whats going on?" she asked as she rushed over to Hae's side and started checking her herself.

"In Su is what happened," I said as I clenched my fists.

She looked at me wide eyed as she looked down at Hae with worried eyes. "Did he do anything?"

"I don't know. I saw him fighting with someone in her office,"

"Fighting!?" she said surprised. "Yeah. I don't know who but-"

"Sir... sorry to interupt but we just got word that the other guy that we arrested happened to be an employee there," interjected Brian.

"Employee?"

"Ne. He's name is Im Si Yoon. 27 years old and he is a specialist,"

"Im Si Yoon? Why does that name sound so familiar?" I asked as I looked down at Hae thoughtfully.

"That's the guy who sent Hae those gifts during Christmas," answered Young as she got a clipboard and started writing something down on the paper.

I looked at her dumbfounded. "What?"

"Yeah... looks like he was trying to help her by the sound of it,"

I nodded my head. "Makes sense. Keep him and get a testimony out of him," I said to Brian and Gwan Woo. "Yes sir!" they said as they both left to make the call.

"Is she going to be okay?" I asked.

"Yeah... looks like she hit her head with something and well... she's on... her ummm... period," she whispered towards me.

I instantly blushed as I looked away. "Oh. That's explains her lower abdominal pains,"

Young nodded as she continued to jot things down. "I think you should call Yonghwa. He's probably going to be worried," she suggested.

"Right. And how's Minhyuk?"

Her expression darkened as she sighed. "He's doing fine. But this is all my fault,"

"Young... it's not," I tried to reassure her. "But it is. Who knows where Hyun Ki is now and what he tries to do the same to me? What are we going to do then?"

"Don't worry. I'm going to take care of it,"

But honestly... I didn't know where to start. I didn't have the slightest clue what he was planning. But at least we have In Su. Maybe we could get something out of him.

I just hoped...

---

Hyun Ki's POV

He drove down the busy streets of Seocho-gu towards Samsung Town where In Su told Hyun Ki to pick him up at.

Hyun Ki drove towards the tallest building because that's where In Su told him that Hae's office was located in. "Nice," he said as he parked his car on the other side of the street from the building.

He looked around and noticed the amount of police cars crowding around that building. He lowered his head as he looked out.

"Why are there so many police cars?" he started to grow anxious and nervous.

"What's taking In Su so long?" he wondered out of frustration as he looked around. He sent a text message to his dongsang and waited for a reply but nothing.

He started to grow more anxious and worried. "There is no way that he could get caught,"

Hyun Ki shifted in his seat as he continued to stare out towards the building, when suddenly two men with their heads down were brought out hand cuffed. He immediately recognized In Su. "Idiot,"

He started the car and was about to pull out when someone stepped in front of the car. He honked the horn and lowered his window.

"YAH WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" he roared at the small female who looked to be an employee. She looked at him scared and that certainly brought the attention of the police from the other side.

He looked towards In Su again and realized that he was looking straight at his direction and the police were staring at him. "That's him! Catch him!" screamed another officer.

","

He stepped on the gas pedal and zoomed off as some police had jumped into their cars and chased after him.

"Get a piece of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter