Something Different

So We Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minhyuk leaned back in his chair and folded his arms across his chest as he smiled softly. "Mmm I would like to see CNBlue continue to make music together as one and prosper but I would also want to focus on my personal life and be a better boyfriend," he turned and directed his smile towards Young. 

Jungshin gagged and Jonghyun laughed as Young rolled her eyes and turned her face into the latter's shoulder but it was apparent that she was blushing, her neck had started to flame red and Minhyuk only smiled wider while pulling her closer by the edge of her chair. 

Jonghyun lifted his beer up to his lips and took a quick swig before taping both hands against the glass to create a clanking noise while thinking of what to say. 

He hummed in thought while looking up at the cieling then looked back towards the rest of us with a soft smile on his face. "I think my resolution would be the same as Minhyuk-ssi to have us continue to make music and have our fans be satisfied. I also want to be a better son to my parents and bring them happiness,"

He nodded, proud of what he said and Jungshin rested his elbows on the table with a smirk on his face. "Always the good little boy hyungie," Jungshin cooed and leaned over to pinch Jonghyun's cheek but only to have his hand slapped away.

"Quit it!"

"Well unlike our Jonghyun angel, I want to meet a girl and possibly have a very good time with her and take her for a walk through my neighborhood," he chukcled then he glaced over at Hae and Young while Yonghwa frowned hard.

"Yah maknae! Stop loooking like that,"

Jae laughed  and patted Jungshin on his back to comfort him while Hyun came back around to our table and gave out the rest of the drinks to each of us before moving on to another group of people. 

He popped open the cap of his own beer and took a long drink before setting it down and wiping the back of his mouth. "I just want to continue to have a successful career and a close family. Also to keep my sisters safe," he smiled and ruffled the top of her head while she squirmed away from his hand. 

"I hate when you and Young do that," she grumbled. 

Yonghwa smiled and rubbed her shoulder while Jae laughed and Young crossed her ankles under the table before placing her hand on top of Minhyuk's that was resting on her thigh. "For me," She looked up in thought. "I just want to continue being a hard worker and helping people but I also want to be safe and not be afraid anymore,"

Everyone at the table seemed to get the inclination of what Young was talking about and stayed silent as they gave her hopeful looks and Jungshin leaned over to rub her arm as she looked at him with a smile. 

"But most importantly I want to be a great sunbae to my dongsaeng and an even better girlfriend to Minhyuk," she blushed as he kissed the side of her ear. 

Jonghyun laughed when Hae and Jungshin made identical faces of disgust and Jae made a gagging noise as Yonghwa shook his head. 

"I swear unnie, Minhyuk's cheesiness is rubbing off on you," Hae wrinkled her nose.

"It really is," Jungshin agreed and latched himself onto my arm while pouting at her. "Young noona, why won't you just give me a chance?"

"Sorry Jungshin," she smiled and patted his cheek. He frowned at her and Minhyuk swatted his hand off of her while Hae giggled and leaned across the table to touch his hand.

"It's okay Jungshin, there is someone out there for you,"

"You?" he raised his eyebrows with a hopeful look on his face.

Yonghwa rolled his eyes and tightened his left hand around Hae while Jae took another drink from his bottle. "Not her but maybe..." he trailed off and looked around the small bar at the other women who were laughing with friends and enjoying their own drinks. "Someone here?"

At that moment they all turned their heads toward where Jae was looking specifically at a girl that had long blonde hair that fell at her shoulders and was wearing a floral dress with a jacket over it. The girl that she was sitting with, looked over at us when she felt our eyes on them and Young immediately looked the other way while she smiled and told her friend to check it out.

The blonde girl looked over her shoulder and Jungshin sent her a half smile while waving his hand and she laughed before turning back around and saying something to the other girl.

"Should I go over there?" Jungshin asked confused and sent Yonghwa and Minhyuk a look.

"I would wait,"

"Me too," the leader agreed.

Hyun came back over to our table with two plates of food in his hands, while the other workers carried dishes after him and set the food before us on the table. Jungshin looked away from the blonde girl momentarily and his eyes widened as he looked down at the food then around at everyone else's plate. 

"Looks delicious," Young smiled up at Hyun while he stood with a smug smirk. "I told you I would only bring out my best dishes." 

Minhyuk his lips and undid the silverware from the napkin it was tucked into, while Yonghwa poked around and looked over at Hae for an explanation of what it was. 

There were plates of pasta, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, fried chicken along with salmon and two different types of salads. Bowls of shrimp scampi, steak and individual plates of original style cheesecake were also set to the side.

"Let me know if you guys need anything else and I'll come right back," he said and threw the small dish towel back over his shoulder.

"Thanks oppa," Hae smiled and Hyun winked at her before squeezing her shoulder and going over to the other customers.

"This is American style right?" Jonghyun asked us. 

Jae nodded and scooped out a spoonful of mashed potatoes and offered it to his waiting lips before he opened his mouth. Jonghyun chewed quickly and after swallowing and letting the taste sit, he offered a thumbs up and reached for some more. 

"It's really tasty!"

"Pass some over here," Jungshin told Jae and we all laughed as he scooped a large amount onto his own plate.

While we ate, we talked occasionally and each tried a little bit of everything and offered different stuff to each other. After Minhyuk had cleaned his entire plate, he would pick out stuff from Young's plate and smile at her when she raised an eyebrow at him. 

Yonghwa helped himself to the steak and almost the entire helping of macaroni, only offering the rest to Jae when Hae made him and said not to be greedy. "Here," he said reluctantly. 

Knives, forks and spoons clattered along the table noisily and Young wiped her mouth with a napkin when Hyun finally ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter