I Got Pudding

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was way past midnight and totally not the appropriate time to be knocking on someone's door.

But there Chanyeol stood, outside Haneul's door with a plastic lunchbox containing mango pudding and sweat slowly gathering at his palms. He bit his lip in hesitation, he had told himself that he'd simply bring the pudding over tomorrow morning a little before eleven and then one and a half hour later he found himself...here.

It wasn't the first time Chanyeol had come over unannounced – or at some ungodly hours – so I shouldn't wreck his brain so much, he swallowed once and then finally pressed the doorbell.

The sound bounced off the hallway and for a moment Chanyeol thought that he was going to get a scolding from her neighbors, but then he heard the soft paddling of slippers on the other side of the door. When the door opened, he visibly let out a sigh of relief and he looked up, expecting to see his best friend's annoyed glare and then a small lecture about how inappropriate it was for him to be making so much noise and coming over when she might have been already sleeping – even though both of them knew that sleeping early was not something Haneul did – and whatnot.

 

But no, he wasn't greeted with that.

Haneul was standing there, dressed in a simple black t-shirt and a pair of shorts with a towel wrapped loosely around her neck and water dripping from her hair. Her hand lingered at the handle of the or as she looked up at him, her expression settled into one of mild shock, as if she wasn't expecting him. And probably, she wasn't.

“Yeol?”

“Hey.” He managed a small smile, then he held up the pudding. “I brought pudding.”

And then at that moment they were both reminded of all the times when he had shown up at her door at whatever time it was since apparently the term 'appropriate visiting time' did not exist between them. He would show up, ring her doorbell, and then greet her with a toothy grin on his face and food in his arms and everything would be okay.

Everything would be okay.

Haneul's mouth broke into a smile and she rolled her eyes, reacting the exact same way she usually would and Chanyeol's heart did a little happy dance. She moved aside to let him in and then shut the door behind him.

“I thought you weren't gonna come.” She mumbled while drying her hair with the towel, following him into her kitchen.

“Yeah, Jongin complained about the laundry basket being to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter