Yeol's Accident

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Haha! Enjoy the update everyone :D

September 2014

Returning home after practice, Chanyeol let his bag drop from his hand, and he sat down on the edge of the bed. He was so tired that he almost didn’t notice the piece of paper that was propped up against his alarm clock. With careful fingers, he picked up the photo, feeling the all too familiar prickling heaviness at his chest. He drew in a deep breath, trying to fill whatever void that was present, but it was useless. He knew that, he's been doing the same thing every time that feeling resurfaced, and he was left having to deal with it.

“Really makes you think, doesn't it?”

He looked up to find Jongin leaning against the door frame, arms folded across his chest, looking at him with a sad, sorrowful look on his face.

“You did this?” He held up the photo a little, his fingers trembling and his voice hoarse and unsteady. It was a photo of him and Haneul during the vacation, the two of them captured in a candid moment when they were playing in the water. She was laughing and looking at him, eyes crinkled into two crescents and Chanyeol remembered how seeing her laugh like that would send butterflies to swarm around inside his stomach.

It pains him to think that right now she would be looking and smiling at a guy that wasn’t him.

It even pains him more to think that he probably would not be able to be like that with Haneul ever again, and it was all his fault.

Jongin walked into his bedroom and plopped down onto the beanbag next to his closet. “Yeah, well Soohyun noona took the photo but I saw it when she was showing me the photos of the vacation…and I kinda just had it printed for you.”

“We were so happy, Jongin.” Chanyeol uttered each word painfully, as if it physically hurt him to acknowledge and say his thoughts out loud. “Everything was…perfect. We were together.”

“You and Haneul noona were like…the – Yeol hyung?”

He wasn’t even aware when he started crying but the next thing he knew, Jongin was at his side patting his shoulder. Sobs broke out from his chest as he would not let go of the photograph in his hands, he held onto it for dear life.

It was days like this that Chanyeol could not bear being sober.

“Hyung…I’m sorry.” The blonde boy sighed, feeling bad for his best friend. It was Jongin’s first time seeing the tall man cry, in fact, he was pretty sure no one has ever seen him cry before. Chanyeol was always the brightest and happiest one in the group, and it pains him to see how much he has changed because of Haneul’s absence. He did not only lose the girl he loved, he also lost his best friend at the same time.

Jongin felt his eyes well up with tears when Chanyeol leaned into him in defeat, burying his face into his stomach as his sobs got louder and more uncontrollable.

“Yeol hyung…”

“I miss her so much.” Chanyeol said in between sobs, his words almost unintelligible. “Nothing is the same. I messed up and I…I don’t know how to fix it.”

 

 

 

 

“Haneul-ah.” His gentle voice vibrated in her ear as he came up behind her and rested his chin on her shoulder.

She hummed, stirring the hot oatmeal with a spoon as she leaned into him, letting him wrap his arms around her waist.

“I have to go now.” Kris sighed, his arms tightened around her. “My flight is in four hours.”

Haneul set the spoon down onto the plate and fought the unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach. She hopped off the kitchen stool and turned to face him, his expression was sad, as if he knew what she was thinking.

“I don’t want to leave you.” He lifted his fingers to brush her hair away from her face, his hand lingering at the side of her face.

“I don’t want you to leave.” She echoed his words, her chest suddenly feeling very heavy.

Kris exhaled deeply, silence enveloped them until he spoke again. “You could’ve come with me.” He said softly. “You still can.”

Her eyes met his, and they both shared a sad smile. The man’s eyes were sad, knowing regardless of how many times he tried to convince her to go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter