So We'll Stop

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She looked at the silver bracelet dangling from her wrist, it was simple, a thin, silver chain with three charms hanging from it.

Chanyeol had told her to think about what each of them meant.

 

The first was a silver bead, in the shape of a teardrop.

 

The second, was a heart, which matched the pendant on the necklace he'd given her for Christmas. The very same necklace that was hanging around her neck.

 

The third was a star, with a small, crystal embedded onto it.

 

He'd waited until they've finished the mini house party and returned upstairs, after having decided to call it night. He watched Haneul receive and open birthday present from the others, and he feigned forgetfulness when it was his turn, claiming that he'd forgotten to pack it into his suitcase when he left.

He earned a smack on the arm from Soohyun because of that.

So he waited until she was settled in bed, after having gotten off the phone with her parents to walk over to his suitcase, ping the hidden pocket at the side and pulling out a box. Haneul kept her eyes on him all the while, and it wasn't because of the fact he was wearing that one tank top with large slits at the sides, exposing more skin than she was really hoping to see – for the sake of her sanity.

Okay, it was solely because of that.

 

But then he was acting weird and pacing around while she was on the phone that made her suspicions, so it proved her suspicious to be correct when he almost skipped over to the bed and presented her with a box.

She eyed the red velvet box, then looked up at him. He was curled up on the bed next to her, round, puppy eyes silently urging her to open it.

“What is this?”

“Your birthday present.”

 

She raised a brow and muttered. “You said you forgot.”

“Yeeeah.” He drawled slowly, hints of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. “I lied.”

She gave him a look, as if to say 'seriously'.

“What? I wanted to give it to you and have you open it privately.” He argued, rocking forward onto his knees and perching his hands on his hips. He nodded towards the box, brows furrowing. “Common, open it.”

“You're always like that.” She rolled her eyes, but her hand was already holding the top lid and lifting it.

That was when she saw the beautiful bracelet, the attention he paid to cater to her preference in jewelery as a man was absolutely uncanny. It was feminine, simple and elegant at the same time; it was perfect, everything about it was perfect.

 

And it melted her insides a little.

“Tell me you like it.” He murmured when she didn't say anything, and she realized she forgot to voice her thoughts out loud.

She flung her arms around his shoulder and practically threw her upper body at him, he rocked backwards but managed to keep a firm hold of her and himself to keep them both from falling off the bed or his head from hitting the headboard. “It's perfect, I love it.” She half whispered, half cooed, her lips barely grazing the side of his neck and he fought back a shudder. “Thank you, Yeollie.”

 

His heart fluttered at the nickname.

 

 

 

A sudden jerk from her left broke her away from her thoughts, she glanced over to find Chanyeol curled up to her side, cheek plastered to her thigh and fingers curled around hers, sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter