Slip And Fall

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once she promised that the incident ‘had never happened’, he flashed her a huge grin that signaled the start of their immediate friendship. With him majoring in Art Management while she majored in Biochemistry.

Chanyeol couldn’t really be called a transfer, since his father decided to withdraw him from college after his first semester and pushed him into the society’s workforce for a year so that he’d learn just how hard it would be to be working without a degree in higher education. And now after a year of working different jobs at all sorts of odd hours his family allowed him to continue his studies in hopes that he’ll do it with a newfound knowledge of how valuable education really is. They only shared a few classes together, those being English and Liberal Arts and would meet up for lunch at the campus restaurant or café with some other friends.

He had told Haneul about it over lunch one day and she listened attentively as he animatedly told her about the jobs he had and some interesting incidents that he’d encountered with the same carefree attitude that he has always carried himself with.

 

He soon found out that she, too, was a guitar player and it hadn’t occur to him until he went to her apartment three months after they first met. She knew it was a bad decision to go by the campus post-center after going grocery shopping with Chanyeol, because waiting for her were four parcels from her mother. She had either been too lazy or busy to pick them up when they arrived separately and now she was going to suffer the consequences of her procrastination. He offered to help her carry some so that she wouldn’t have to make a double trip all the way from the campus apartments to the main hall again.

So when he saw the Fender acoustic guitar perched on the stand at the corner of the sitting room, he almost dropped what he was holding and he was sure that the dozen of eggs inside wouldn’t have made it if it wasn’t for Haneul’s hands already taking the bags from him.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you also play?” He pointed to the instrument.

She shrugged her shoulders, walking over to the kitchen counter and setting the bags atop it. “I haven’t played it in a while.”

“That’s not the point, Haneul. Don’t you feel like it’s a piece of important information that you should’ve shared with me? That we both play the guitar.” His expression was incredulous, as if he truly believed that she withheld a very significant secret from him.

“Well now you know, Chanyeol. It’s not a big deal, really.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter