Aftermath

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Enjoy the update ^__^

 

 

 

“Noona I’m so sorry to call you this late but…” He his breathing was labored on the other end of the line, he sounded as if he has run a marathon. “It’s Chanyeol.”

It has been so long since she last heard his name, her breathing hitched at the panic in his tone. “What’s going on?”

“He…he was drinking…and we tried to stop him.” Jongin sounded like he was on the verge of tears as footsteps approached him, Haneul heard someone curse from a distance. “Suho hyung was going to take him home but he…there’s so much blood.”

 

Haneul was already out of bed and pulling on a tank top and was reaching for a pair of yoga pants when someone grabbed the phone from Jongin and spoke to her, from the distance she could hear sirens going off and getting louder.

“Noona, Chanyeol is going to the hospital.” It was Jongdae. “He got hit by a car on his way to Suho hyung’s car and it didn’t look good.”

She tried to ignore the way her heart sank in her chest and fought the lump that suddenly grew inside . “I’ll be there.”

 

 

 

Kyungsoo met her outside the hospital and brought her to where the group was waiting. Suho, Jongdae, Jongin, Sehun and Baekhyun all waited anxiously in the corridor outside the emergency room that Chanyeol was receiving surgery in.

“Yixing and Tao are on their way.” Suho announced after ending the call with either one of the men. “I’m going to go get some water for everyone, does anyone want anything else?”

They all shook their heads but thanked him, Kyungsoo gave Haneul a comforting pat on her back before making his way towards Suho. “I’ll go with you.”

She greeted everyone with hugs, and they were all happy to see her, at least as happy as the the circumstance allowed. Jongin seemed the most distraught, with dark bags underneath his eyes as he just sat on the floor with his back against the wall, staring blankly into space. Haneul knelt on the floor beside him and sighed, giving him another hug because well, both of them needed it.

“Oh Jongin.” She slipped her hand behind his head and brought it forward to he was resting his chin on her shoulder.

Haneul breathed a sigh of relief when she felt him melt in her embrace. The blonde boy’s arms went around her waist and held her tight, his eyes closing at the contact. He sniffed and buried his face into her shoulder. “I’m sorry noona. I should have taken better care of Yeol hyung…I know you still care about him a lot and – I…”

“Shhh.” She hushed him, hugging him tighter and the back of his head, hoping to soothe him while she tried to clear her head.

Which has been getting increasingly hard to do, with everything that has happened.

Suho and Kyungsoo returned with bottles of water for everyone and handed them out. Seeing the two on the door, Suho immediately passed the rest of the bottles around before making his way to them. He crouched down and placed a hand Haneul’s arm, quietly getting her attention and handed her a bottle of water.

“I’ve got th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter