Happy Birthday

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Pizzzzzzza.”

Haneul eyed the box of pizza Chanyeol held after closing her apartment door. He scrunched the receipt with his hand, shoving it into his back pocket and made his way over to the sitting room. She brought over two cans of Coke and placed them on the table next to the pizza and flopped down onto the couch.

Chanyeol grabbed the first slice of pizza and watched as the strings of cheese stretched and eventually broke, freeing the slice he held and leaned over, holding the slice in front of Haneul’s lips. He saw the way that her eyes brightened with just the little gesture and he smiled when she took a bite off the pizza before taking it from him.

“Thank you.” She murmured after swallowing and then took another bite.

He only hummed in response and took a generous bite out of his own slice of cheese covered heaven.

 

 

 

It was past ten o’clock and they were sprawled out on her couch, Chanyeol mindlessly flipping through channels with one hand and playing with Haneul’s loose French braid with the other, the discarded pizza box and empty soda cans lay forgotten on the table. Her head was on the cushion that sat atop his lap, she was scrolling through her phone, thumb never ceasing its movements except little pauses once in a while to hit the reblog button.

“Chanyeol.” Haneul murmured after a few minutes of silence, locking the screen of her phone and shifting her body so that she was lying on her back.

He looked down, taking a moment to admire her face from this view. It’s been well over half a year since they first met and became friends. Being completely comfortable with each other’s presence, skinship was absolutely normal, so holding hands, hugs, prolonged hugs and cuddles were nothing they have never experienced with each other.

“I’m bored.”

“Oh?” He released her braid and let it fall at the side. “What do you want to do then?”

“I don’t know.”

“We can go out, it’s not that late right now.” He glanced at his wristwatch for reassurance. “Are you up for a cup of hot chocolate?”

They were used to going out for desserts at night during summer, and when winter rolled along they opted for coffee or hot chocolate from the same place instead.

She grinned. “I’ll get my bag.”

 

 

 

“Are you sure?” The taller man asked, uncertainty laced within his tone.

“Yes.” She deadpanned.

“But it’s late.” He argued.

She gave him a look. “It’s not that late, I’ve went home by myself later than this. Remember when we studied for calculus that weekend?”

Chanyeol clicked his tongue, they were taking the long route through the park to Chanyeol’s apartment on the other side and he wasn’t really happy with the fact that Haneul insisted on walking him home. It was usually the other way around, and even though she pointed that out to him, the man still couldn’t shake off the worry that nagged its way up his chest.

As they walked, the liquid in their cups became less with every sip and soon they were left with empty paper cups and dropping temperature. Chanyeol flipped the collar of his jacket and tried to hide as much of his face as he could from the night breeze. He dug his hands further into the depths of his pockets, focusing on the stone pavement and putting one foot in front of the other and so on.

“Are you c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter