Gambles

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Since you guys liked it so much last chapter, here's more line humor for you :3 and a little angst fluff idk

 

 

 

It was when he came home from practice that he spotted her as he passed by the mail-room in the lobby, she was standing at her mailbox, flipping through her mail and briefly reading the covers. He hesitated at the doorway just a little too long, so he was caught staring at her when she turned around, their eyes met and Chanyeol could feel his pulse quicken in a series of emotions.

“Hi.” He greeted her, complete with an awkward little wave but realized it was a dumb idea so he shoved his hand inside his pocket.

“Hey.” Her voice was soft as she walked towards him.

What should he say?

“Are you alright?” He found himself asking, because if it was any other normal day, they would've already hugged by now.

But he noticed that she stopped in her tracks a little too far away from him. He didn't like the distance, that was something that he wasn't used to.

“Huh?” She slightly tilted her head to the side. “No, no I'm alright.”

“Okay, good.” He tried to sound light-hearted, he could already feel the tension and awkwardness getting thick, and it did not put him at ease one bit. “Are you coming up for dinner tonight?”

She clutched the envelopes close to her chest and there was a beat of silence before she answered. “No, Soohyun's coming over later for a sleepover tonight.”

“Oh.” He chuckled. “Girls night, huh?”

She raised a brow at him.

Oh God, someone stop him.

“You can say that.” He almost breathed a sigh of relief – here's to small victories – when he saw a small smile on her face.

“Oh, okay – well have fun.” He murmured, diverting his gaze away from her for just a brief moment. “I'll see you, then?”

“Yeah.”

 

 

 

 

 

So later that night, Chanyeol decided since Haneul was having a girls' night with Soohyun, that it was normal – completely not, really – for him to have one of his own with the boys, too. It was after dinner that they gathered in the living room, sitting among blankets and cushions all over the floor were Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Baekhyun, Jongdae, Tao and Joonmyeon. Sehun, Bokyung and Yixing already had plans so they were unavailable when Chanyeol called them up at the very last minute.

They all agreed to act as naturally as possible, but they already knew that something was up by the looks of it.

B.Hyun: Sleepover, this is so stupid.

Sehun: Fill me in on what happens ok?

Yixing: Me too

Bokyung: Three^

Suho: Ok

Chen: Do you think he'd actually spill the beans and tell us what happened?
Chen: I don't think he's gonna crack so easily
Chen: He's as hard to crack as he is dense

Tao: LOLOL
Tao: But true

B.Hyun: Pls
B.Hyun: He called us for a last minute sleepover

Kai: Without noona

B.Hyun: That 's got something to spill
B.Hyun: I'm betting twenty bucks on that

Chen: You're on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter