Déjà Vu

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 2013

 

It only took Haneul ten-minutes after her tour of apartment 08 on the third floor to decide that she wanted to live there. The apartment was clean and bright, the windows in the living room offered a great view of the south part of central town and the rent pricing along with the estimated additional billings added together was still a lot cheaper than what she was paying for her apartment on campus.

Actually she was ready to make the decision to move out after her discussion with her friends that night, but the final tour plus talking with the owner only gave her the confirmation she needed to turn around to face the four people standing by the door of the apartment – the lovely landlady, the lady currently renting the apartment, Chanyeol and Jongin – who were all waiting for her answer.

There was only one pair of eyes that held hers as she said the words ‘I’ll take it.’, and they belonged to none other than the freakishly tall tower in the name of one Park Chanyeol.

 

She made her call to the campus administration office to talk about her discontinuation of her apartment rental right after leaving the apartment and the landlady gave her the required information and details regarding her future apartment.

It was December 19th, one day before the deadline of the contract and Chanyeol accompanied Haneul to the office to finish up the paperwork.

“Wait.” Chanyeol spoke as they exited the office, walking beside Haneul and scanning through the first page of the documents that the lady gave her. “It says here that you’ll have to move out a week before the next semester starts.”

“Yeah. I know.”

“So you’ll have to move out before December 31st. In other words, you have less than two weeks to move out of your current apartment here and into your new one.”

Haneul nodded. The landlady said that her contract will start after Christmas, but the current renter, Jihye said that her fiancé will be coming and helping her move her belongings over the weekend. It also helped when she said she will be spending Christmas at her future husband’s place so she was free to move her things over ahead of time. But it hadn’t occurred to her the short period of time that she had to have everything done until Chanyeol told her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter