Holiday Spirit

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 2013

 

“You’re not serious.” She threw away the plastic wrapping and looked around to gawk at the man standing by the door.

Jihye told her that she could have the bed because it’s fairly new and she didn’t want to just throw it away, therefore Haneul now owned a queen sized bed and all she had to do was buy a new mattress, pillows which have already been delivered yesterday.

Mattress, check. Pillows, check.

He walked over and placed the remaining linens on the bed. Linens, check.

“It’s okay. Since our place is the most convenient for everyone…” Chanyeol trailed off and shrugged. “Jongdae said it’d be fun, you know.”

Haneul rolled her eyes at him, sitting down on the mattress. “Typical Jongdae.”

Chanyeol chuckled and sat down beside her. “Common, today’s Christmas Eve.” He bumped against her shoulder, lips curling into a pout as he peered at her. He leaned closer, chocolate brown eyes staring right into hers and he blinked, once, twice, three times. “Do it for me.”

She gave him a look. “You don’t have to pull that on me to get me to go to your stupid party.”

“I knew you’d say yes.” He engulfed her in a hug and smiled when he heard her soft laughter against his chest.

Despite feeling the knots eating away at the muscles of her tense shoulders because of carrying boxes and moving for two consecutive days, Haneul knew that she wouldn’t say no. Besides, like Chanyeol said, it’s Christmas Eve. Rest can wait.

“I think we’re done for today.” Jongin pushed the lasts of the boxes into the bedroom for future unpacking and smiled to himself, seeming satisfied with the progress.

Haneul stood up and walked over to give him a hug. “Thanks for your help today, Jongin.”

“You’re welcome, will I be seeing you later tonight?” He asked when she pulled back and picked up her bag.

“Yes you will. I’ll be going now, I need to get ready and get the presents.”

His eyes sparkled at her mention of presents, his full lips stretching into a grin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter