Bonfire Competition

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24th April, 2014

 

 

On the third day, they spent the whole day walking around the area and came across a few people giving out flyers to a bonfire party tonight on the beach. And of course, no trip by the beach would be complete without a bonfire. The guys decided to go there first, Kyungsoo having marinated some chicken wings and beef to contribute to the party, while the girls would join them later.

 

Right after sunset, Haeul, along with Soohyun and Bokyung made their way out to the beach. It was getting chilly as the sky got darker, and after a few minutes of walking they were already within eyesight of the people in the party. There wasn't an overwhelming population of party attendees but it didn't mean that there were only few people there, in fact, she could make out approximately about twenty-five to thirty people once she arrived.

“Where are the boys?” Soohyun asked, eyes surveying her surroundings.

Bokyung was doing the same. “I don't...know.”

As they were walking further down the beach, they made out a few familiar figures gathered around the fire with their backs facing them. They seemed to be roasting food already, the smell of barbequed honey as well as fresh sardines getting stronger as the distance closed. Before any of their guy friends noticed their arrival, some of the other guys beat them to it, particularly a group of five sitting across the fire from Joonmyeon and the guys so they had a clear view of them approaching. Three of the five were the same guys from the beach the previous day, Chanyeol had recognized them the moment he saw them but shook his irritation off since well, they weren't really bothering him then.

But now, however, was a whole different case.

One of them – with light brown poofy hair – looked up upon their arrival and nudged his friend, getting his attention as well as his fellow friends and he jerked his head towards them. Then all of them straightened up, eyeing the three girls down. One of them spoke, which caused Chanyeol to lift his eyes from the pile of sweet potatoes he was cooking.

It was one of the three guys from the beach, he remembered him the most because besides from the fact that he had a tattoo of the tree of life on his left arm, he was the one openly gawking at his best friend. “I told you they'd be here.” He spoke in a low, excited voice then shot a glance at the guys sitting in front of them, eyes particularly landing on Chanyeol for a second.

“Damn.” The other one uttered under his breath.

Something in Chanyeol's stomach dropped, he slowly looked over his shoulder, and then whatever it was that dropped simply straight plummeted down to the sand below him. Walking towards them were his friends, but he wasn't entirely focused on all three of them, instead he found his eyes stubbornly trained on the one in the middle. Haneul's hair was tied loosely at the side

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter