Shots And Bad Decisions

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol gnawed on his bottom lip in nervousness and worry, he sat on his bed, with his back against the headboard and a pillow slipped in between, the blanket was pulled up to his hips. His eyes flickered over to the door when he heard two pairs of footsteps approaching. Jongin opened the door, then he stood aside to let Haneul inside his room, which was filled with the mouth-watering scent of chicken soup in an instant. She made her way over to him, placed the tray atop his lap and sat down on the edge of the bed.

“How're you feeling?” She placed a palm on his forehead, looking at him worriedly.

He nodded a little, and he sighed. “I'm sorry.”

She withdrew her hand from his forehead, placing it on her lap. For some reason, she suspected that he was not apologizing for having her to come over and take care of him.

The sad look in his eyes reflected that.

She breathed out slowly, “Me too.”

Chanyeol's lower lip trembled upon hearing the same answer she'd given him last night when he apologized. He ducked his head, removing his eyes from her because at that moment, the more he looked at her, the more his brain chose to remind him of all that's happened.

Remind him of the numerous times that he screwed up.

He felt sorry, he felt so bad but at the same time he didn't.

If that made sense.

Even though he knew what he did was wrong and there was a huge risk, his relationship with her was on the line, a huge part of him was just thinking about the way her lips felt against his and how long it has been. But then there was a part of him that lingered on the fact that she rejected him, despite her kissing him back after he so shamelessly demanded her to.

It wasn't the same, he realized, not anymore.

And once again, he found himself doubting whether or not he had really accepted that let Haneul go that easily.

'If she's happy, then I'm happy.'

Going by that was harder than he'd thought.

 

He blew at the spoonful of soup before placing it near his lips, he drank it slowly, feeling the warm liquid and the warmth that spread across his chest comfortingly. He spoke after what felt like a long time.

“The soup's really good.”

He glanced up to see her smile, and his heart did a little flutter.

He was so damned.

“I made extra, you can heat it up if you're hungry later.”

 

 

 

Jongin closed the door behind him as he exited Chanyeol's room, leaving the two of them inside, he hid a smile and stared at the screen of his phone.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

 

When had Chanyeol started to realize that maybe, jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter