My Valentine

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Do I have to rate this chapter as M?

 

 

It was a little past two-thirty when Minseok came in for his shift, entering with him was one of the two guys she met on Christmas. He’s been a regular at Café Halcyon over the holidays and having bumped into her a few times, she was able to befriend the tall Canadian-Chinese man.

“Haneul-ah! It’s good to see you.” Minseok called, a big toothy grin on his face as he made his way to the back of the counter. “You’re here early.”

“It’s good to see you too oppa. And yeah, I had to cancel a shopping trip because I was uh- held up so I decided to drop by and set up first.” She turned to face the blonde guy sitting at the bar counter. “Kris, the usual?”

He nodded, giving her a lopsided grin.

It was way past lunch time and most customers have already left to go back to work, so as the orders slowed and came to a halt, Minseok took the chance to go to the restroom. Haneul stayed at her place, she shifted her feet and leaned her hip against the edge of the countertop.

Kris stopped scrolling through his phone, shoved it into his pocket and grabbed this unfinished cup of Caramel Macchiato. “I’m gonna go, I have to meet Luhan shortly.”

“Oh, alright. I’ll just tell–” Haneul said.

“Minseok already knows.” He smiled at her before adding. “But thanks.” Turning around, he took a step away but then turned back to face the girl at the counter. “Hey, Haneul.”

“Hmmm?”

“I was wondering if you’d like to have dinner, with me, some time?” He drawled the question slowly, dark eyes searching her face with the same small smile on his lips.

“Me?” She pointed to herself, staring back at him with a startled look.

“Yes you.” The man laughed, the soft laughter sounded really pleasant in her ears and she couldn’t find it in herself to turn him down. After all he didn’t really seem like the type to be interested in girls like her, so it’d just be a dinner between new friends.

“Sure.” Haneul smiled. “Why not?”

The grin he returned her with was charming and almost dazzling. “Okay, cool. I’ll text you soon.”

“Wait, you don’t have–” She trailed off, because he has already turned and disappeared through the doors of the café. “–my number.”

 

 

 

 

 

Two days later and the calendar read 14th February.

 

During her shift with Minseok, he spoke to her while he was transferring the cream from the carton to a jar. “Haneul-ah.”

“Yes?” She looked up from her place behind the glass shelf, she was crouching down and arranging the pastries – cakes to the left, tarts to the right and creampuffs in the middle.

“Kris asked me for your number last night.” He murmured. “Is it okay if I give it to him?”

She pushed the empty tray to the side and adjusted the price plate of the tray of blueberry cheesecakes. “Yeah it’s fine.”

“Alright.”

 

 

 

One would think that Valentine’s Day would be a day of significance, but for Haneul and Chanyeol it proved to be just like any other normal days. He came over after she went home from work and they ordered Chinese food while watching the weekday re-run of Running Man.

The text came a few hours later, when Haneul was on the couch with Chanyeol making his way over with a tub of mint-chocolate ice-creams and two spoons in his hands. She reached for her phone as he settled himself next to her, opening the tub of ice-cream.

It was just a simple text telling her that the message was indeed, from Kris and that he got her number through Minseok.

“Who’s it from?” He asked non-chalantly, already digging a spoon into the frozen cream.

She texted him back before putting it back onto the coffee table in front of her. Grabbing the other spoon from his hand, she answered. “Kris.”

“Kris?”

“Yeah, Minseok’s friend.”

“The Canadian guy you told me about?”

“Yes.” She shoved a spoonful of ice-cream into , and wincing a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter