Road Trip

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Well, what can I say? I felt like spoiling my readers :D

 

 

“Chanyeol-ah. Is there something wrong?” Haneul peered over at him.

“Huh?” Chanyeol blinked, his head snapping up before relaxing back against the armrest of the couch. “No, nothing’s wrong.”

“Are you sure? You seem a bit…off lately.”

“I’m fine, Haneul. Nothing’s wrong.” He turned his face towards her to give her one of his grins, just to convince her.

Not entirely believing him, she frowned into her mug as she took a sip of her coffee and set it back on the table with an audible thud. She sighed. At first she thought that she was just overthinking things when she noticed the lack of cheerful and stupid remarks that Chanyeol would normally say, instead replacing them were the furrowing of his brows and the frown that sometimes crossed his mouth. Even though their usual routine for school and work hadn’t changed much, these little changes were starting to be get to her.

Despite being in the comfort of Chanyeol’s arms almost every night, she couldn’t help but feel like something was off. She missed the sunshine embodiment that was Chanyeol, the way his eyes crinkled and his nose scrunched everytime he laughed, the way his hear would carefreely fall backwards as his rich infectious laughter rumbled through his entire body.

Little did she know, that the wary feeling in her gut was forecasting a storm that was about to come their way.

 

 

 

April 2014

 

“Road trip!” Jongin hollered, dashing towards one of the two rented SUVs, his massive backpack bouncing awkwardly on his back as he ran.

Jongdae plopped his head out of the window, the widest grin on his face. “Road trip!” He chanted after Jongin, and then Haneul heard a few more cheers from the other boys in the cars.

“Idiots.” She muttered to herself, shaking her head.

Chanyeol laughed, a deep, low chuckle slipping from his lips and he slung an arm over her shoulder. “Common, let's go.”

She let him guide her to the car. Joonmyeon drove in the first car, along with him in the car were Kyungsoo, Yixing, Bokyung, Soohyun and Baekhyun. In the other car were Tao, Sehun, and Jongdae, Jongin, Chanyeol and Haneul.

“Why do I have to be stuck in the car with the most luggage?” Tao whined once they settled inside the vehicle. Jongdae was driving, Jongin in the passenger's seat (he bribed Jongdae into saving the seat for him with free fried chicken two nights ago), Sehun occupied the second row long with all their luggage and bags that couldn't fit in the trunk while Haneul was sandwiched between Tao and Chanyeol at the back.

“Most of the bags are yours, Tao.” Sehun told him, pointing an accusing finger at the two bags that have taken refuge next to him.

The other blonde boy snorted, folding his arms across his chest and sunk back into his seat.

“Alright, we're off.” Jongdae chirped, pulling out from the driveway. Haneul huffed out a short breath, she felt a movement beside her and she looked to her right. Chanyeol had taken out his hoodie and draped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter