Halcyon Cafe

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul didn’t expect Chanyeol to really go through with what he said.

 

So when she found him practically shoving a paper bag into her arms, she gawked at him with eyes as big as golfballs. “You’re serious?”

They were at the lounge outside the library and Chanyeol casually plopped himself onto the chair beside her. “You thought I was kidding?”

“Well.” She fumbled with the bag and opened it hesitantly. He had got her a ham and egg sandwich and two chocolate muffins. Two. She rolled her eyes. Two. “Yeah.”

“Well I wasn’t, so eat up.”

“Thank you Chanyeol, but this is too much. I’m not hungry at all, I can’t finish this.”

“Nonsense.” He scooted closer. “Now eat.”

She reluctantly took out a muffin despite not being hungry and began nibbling at the side. The man took out his iPad and started scrolling through an article as she ate, redirecting her attention to the book and picking up where had left off.

Twenty minutes passed and she managed to eat almost half of the muffin. She was picking at the particularly big chocolate chip when her book was suddenly snatched away from her view. Her head snapped up and she shot him a sharp look.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Eat.” Was all he said.

She made a move to grab the book from him but he pushed it further away from her reach, shaking his head. A hint of a smile was tugging away at the corner of his mouth.

“You can’t be serious.”

“And you can’t be eating this slowly. At this rate you’re going, I’ll be eighty years old by the time you finish your breakfast.”

“Hey, I told you I wasn’t hungry. I consider this –” She held up the muffin and pointed to it to show the remaining half. “– progress.”

“A very slow progress.” He corrected. “Eat.”

 

 

She overslept the next day and ended up almost crying out loud when she was greeted with the sight of Chanyeol lounging on her sofa in the sitting room, with her guitar on his lap and the familiar paper bag on the coffee table.

He looked up and gave her his toothy grin and she regretted giving him the spare key to her apartment. It was for emergency purposes and this, was definitely not one of them.

 

On the third day, she woke up early in the morning and texted Chanyeol telling him that she would be eating breakfast by herself so he did not have to buy it for her. But it was only after finishing her toast and on her way to class that she checked her phone just to see a message from him saying ‘Pics or it didn’t happen’. If she had checked her phone earlier or had not put her phone on silent mode, she could’ve taken the photos but she was already in school. It was not like she could do anything now.

And before she could regret entering the lecture hall because it was Liberal Arts and Chanyeol would be there, her eyes already found the tall boy and zeroed in on the brown paper bag sitting on top of the empty desk next to him.

She sighed.

 

 

“I told you, Chanyeol. No.” Haneul groaned, shrinking further into her chair and away from the paper bag on top of her notes with the familiar cursive writing that read ‘Café Halcyon’ on it. She could already smell the mouth-watering scent of her breakfast waiting for her but she didn’t feel like eating, not when she has been trying to shove scrolls long of biological nomenclatures into her head since 6 in the morning and now she just felt nauseous. “You don’t have to buy me breakfast every morning, I can’t eat.”

“You always say that.” The tall man stood from across the table with his hands on his hips.

“It’s because you never listen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter