Denial

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: AND LOOK WHAt WE HAVE HEREEEEE? I was on a roll last night writing for this story and reading your comments made my night so I decided to give back by throwing in an extra update in the middle of the weekkkkkkkkkkk~

 

 

Call him a coward, call him a masochist, because Chanyeol really didn’t know what else to call himself as sat curled up on Haneul’s couch, waiting for her to return from the dreaded – on his part, at least – dinner with the guy named Kris who apparently turned out to be one of the best looking guys he's met.

He was not used to having to deal with Haneul being pursued by other males, not that it hasn’t happened before, it has, multiple times but none of them managed to succeed in their advances. And this whole thing with Haneul befriending another male – specifically speaking, Kris – and then meeting him for dinner definitely did not sit well with Chanyeol.

 

Jongin and Baekhyun laughed at him earlier when he expressed to them about his…troubles since he has not been able to get them out of his head.

“You’re dense.” Baekhyun murmured snarkly, eyeing him with that same look in his eyes when he first broke the news to them.

“What?”

“Jealously.” Jongin simply offered.

 

Jealously.

 

 

 

“Jealously.” The word tasted odd and bitter on his tongue as he grabbed the remote control to change the channel.

Funnily enough, he didn’t find himself entirely denying it.

 

“You do not just assume that someone’s yours after you kiss her.” Jongin said. “It doesn’t work that way.”

“Yes it does.” Baekhyun interrupted, his lips were curled into a smirk. Clearly, he was enjoying this.

“No. No it doesn’t.” The blonde boy threw a cushion at him and continued. “You should talk to her and you know…”

“Know what?” Chanyeol asked, rubbing his temples to ease the oncoming headache. This was not supposed to cause him this much mental pain.

“Confess!” He answered loudly, raising both of his hands in the air in what he assumed was exasperation, or anger, he wasn't sure.

“To tell her that you’re in love with her.” Baekhyun pointed at him with his fork, giving him a sharp look before he continued to devour his cake.

“I am not –”

“Oh please.” He rolled his eyes, lifting his fork in a dismissive manner and snorted. “It’s as clear as day you . You’re in love, with Haneul.”

 

 

So there he was, five hours after Baekhyun’s revelation – to him it felt more like a punch in the face – he found himself at the empty apartment with nothing but the current dilemma at hand that he so desperately wanted to get rid of. Despite everything, he found himself crawling back to the said subject again and again.

It was past ten-thirty and she still hasn’t returned, he fought with himself over whether he should call her or not but finally decided that he didn’t really have a good reason to do so.

Just paranoia, Chanyeol. You’re being paranoid. He told himself. Just ease up, chill, Chanyeol.

But then he did hear the sound of keys and the door opened and he almost jumped from his se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter