Cookie Boy

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N 1: Early update because I love every single one of you and I want to cry because this got recommended TT^TT

 

 

 

 

“I should...go and get the cookies.”

She didn’t leave a chance for anyone – or herself for that matter – to say anything else before she dashed into the kitchen. She could hear the flow of conversation that soon resumed having being in an opened kitchen and she breathed a sigh of relief. It was uncanny how short their attention spans were, not that she was complaining.

Definitely not.

She heard a bark of laughter that was distinctly Chanyeol's, and with another sigh she pressed her forehead against the cool surface of refrigerator.

Stupid.

 

 

 

When she returned with a carton of milk, a big cereal bowl for the milk and the jar of cookies in her arms, everyone quickly got up and gathered around the coffee table like little kids. Naturally, she picked out the largest piece of chocolate chip cookie and took out another one before plopping herself down on the carpet next to Chanyeol. She handed him the bigger piece and started nibbling on her own.

The childish grin that fitted across his face as he bit into his cookie made her heart melt. Because, you know, dimples. She looked away from him and focused on the other direction – where Jongdae was carefully dipping his cookie into the bowl of milk with a rather intense look in his eyes – while trying to regulate her heart beat. Which was, of course, unsuccessful because the boy was propping his head on her shoulder and his hair was tickling a particularly sensitive spot on her neck.

Well, hell.

 

 

 

 

 

“Jongin, you can take my car.” Chanyeol threw his car keys and the blonde boy caught it in his hands without difficulty. There were no buses available at 3am and Joonmyeon was the only one that had brought his car when he came over. So Jongin, being the only one who hasn’t drank took up the duty of driving Yixing, Soohyun, Bokyung and Jongdae home while Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Sehun and Tao had already left with Joonmyeon a few minutes ago. They bid each other goodbye and goodnight before watching them leave and silence immediately settled over the entire apartment once the door clicked shut.

Haneul finished cleaning up with the help of Chanyeol, who offered to stay and throw the garbage and was drying the last of the dishes when the man joined her in the kitchen.

“Thanks.” She murmured while moving away from the sink for him to wash his hands.

“No problem.” Chanyeol almost winced at the awkwardness as he stood there.

He picked up the dry towel from the rack to rid his hands of any moisture and she had to keep her eyes from admiring the tall man’s back and the way his strong, wide shoulders moved along with his movements.

Too immersed in her thoughts, her ears didn’t register the first time when he called her name.

 

 

A long finger placed itself under her chin to lift it up and his face was just inches away from hers, concerned eyes searching her face in an unnecessarily serious manner. Her heart started to pick up its pace.

“Haneul.” The utterance of her name was nothing anything more than a murmur.

“Huh?”

“Are you okay?” He didn’t move his finger away from her chin.

“Yea.”

“Are you sure?” He asked.

“Yes.” She breathed, not entirely able to concentrate when he was this close. She could’ve just imaged it but he was moving closer and all she could think of was how dangerously close his face was to hers.

No.

Abort.

Nope.

 

 

But it was way past midnight and she was too tired to restrain herself from yielding to her body’s wishes, so when fell onto Chanyeol’s lips, she did nothing to stop herself.

At first.

“It’s late…” Picking up the remaining last strings of her self-control, she tore her eyes away and forced the words out of . “You should go.”

“Haneul.”

She started to move away, but then his fingers moved and he was sliding his palm against the curve of her jaw to cup her cheek. Her breath hitched.

A thumb swiped across her cheekbone ever so gently, too gently and she could practically feel her insides melting into a pile of goo. Stupid body, stupid Chanyeol.

“You should go.” She repeated weakly.

He spoke a second later. “Do you want me to go?”

A desperate laugh ripped itself from , but it only came out as a choked sigh as she placed her hands at his chest to push him away. But her pitiful half-hearted attempts were in vain as the towering giant in front of her didn’t even move.

Oh dear Lord someone send help.

“Do you want me to go?” Chanyeol asked, his voice a bit louder this time as he added. “Answer me.”

“Yes.” She lied.

The set of brown eyes that usually shone with joy and warmth was filled with an intensity that had her heart slamming against the insides of her ribcage. What should she do? What could she do, actually?

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.” Another lie.

“Are you sure?” Chanyeol echoed his previous question, his tone completely different from before and Haneul found it even harder to ignore the feeling at her chest. She didn’t know which was worse, the feeling she had when he was slightly angry and demanding or this one, when she could hear the fragility and uncertainty in the depths of his voice.

Her eyes snapped up to meet his.

Before she could muster up another false word, her body wasted no time to stop her by ripping away and stripping her of any sort of resolve she was clinging onto. She could feel her heart breaking with the internal battle that was raging on.

Either hol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter