It's Love

Petrichor: Rainy With A Chance of Park Chanyeol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“See? Not fat, you're perfect.”

She opened her eyes and stared up at him, he was chewing on his chips and not really paying much attention to her, or rather not paying attention to what he has said.

Never, ever, tell a girl she's perfect that easily.

Chanyeol realised she had gotten quiet, so he looked down, meeting her eyes with curious ones. “What?”

She blinked, shaking her head and immediately getting up, resuming her previous position on the couch. “Nothing.”

It was after a few minutes when Chanyeol spoke. “Neul?”

“Hmmm?” She hummed in response without looking at him.

“We...” He couldn't believe he was bring this up again, someone stop him before – “We are good, right?”

Haneul turned her head to him, her face was closer than he thought. “This is the second time that you've asked me this question, Yeol.”

“Well, yeah. I know but...”

“What's really going on?” She asked, and then shifted so she was also sitting crossed-legged, facing him and half hoping that he was not going to talk about what had happened before. But half of her wanted him to, because this should be what she wanted, for them to finally talk things out, right?

Right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I've been thinking a lot for the past few days and I realized that I might've been too careless with my words...” He started, eyes trained on the bag of Doritos on his lap a little too seriously. “and my actions. And I might have hurt your feelings because of that, even though I really didn't mean to!” He said the last part in a rush, looking up at her to prove his sincerity. “You have to know that I'd never want to hurt you or make you upset, it's the last thing I'd want to do and I'm just really, really sorry and you have to forgive me because I don't know what I'll do if I screwed up our friendship just like that. I know I royally screw things up on a daily basis but I cannot afford to lose you so please know that I really am sorry for being insensitive and careless. I shouldn't have reacted like that with that ahjumma last time and I'm sorry.”

He didn't realize that she was smiling at him until he'd finished talking, and then he just looked at her, confused. At that point he didn't care that his eyes were looking embarrassingly red and watery because she was smiling at him with that soft look that made his insides melt just a little bit, and it gave him some hope that maybe, he was able to get across to her just how sorry he was.

“It's okay.”

“It's okay?”

“Yes, it's okay, Yeol.” She nodded, reaching out to brush away a single lone tear from the corner of his eyes and Chanyeol felt like he would break right then and there, because there was just that look in her eyes.

And before he could let his heart burst from happiness and relief, there was something else he wanted to know. “One more thing...what happened, you know, between us...the kiss and the trip.”

“I don't want that to get in the way of our friendship, I'm not going to say that I wished it didn't happen or the other way around because what happened had already happened, Chanyeol.” She told him truthfully, and he couldn't help but noticed how her tone had dropped just a little bit. “What we did...we were reckless and acting on our own impulses without considering what the repercussions would be. I wouldn't call it a mistake, not really, but we now know that it's not the kind of road that we're supposed to go down so we'll stop from there and just leave it at that. We already agreed to stop that so that's it. We're better than that to let it ruin what we have, we're better than that, so let's just take it as a lesson learned, I suppose and we're going to grow from it.”

The way that Haneul phrased it – just like always – sounded completely logical to Chanyeol, and even though she didn't know if her words were meant for him or herself, to convince herself that what happened was simply a slip up and they were meant to be nothing more than simple,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter