Chapter 47

Not Everything Is As It Seems

(*all chapters are not proof-read xD)

Chapter 47

Donghae POV

Hmm... I sat on the floor and eyed the chessboard. Some pieces seemed to have moved on its own. It includes the knight, bishop and rook. 2 of them are black pieces and 1 is white. I picked up the knight piece and stared at it for awhile. Why is it out of the board? I closed my eyes and the answer came to me. That piece is Sungmin. (A/N I'm not telling you guys if its white or black :P)

While I was lost in thoughts the door slowly creaked open. I quickly hid the chessboard. I really hope no one finds out about this.

"Hae?" A very soothing voice asked.

"Hyuk?"

"Oh you're awake," He entered the room casually and lit up the candles in the room with a snap.

"Why was it so dark in here by the way?" I just kept quiet and looked at him.

"Are you hiding something, Hae?" He asked narrowing his eyes.

"No. I just wanted to sleep." I lied and I kept in mind that this house has mind readers too.

"Is something wrong?" Hyuk asked me with worry. I couldn't answer because lying is a bad thing to do.

"I dont know." It's the best answer I could give without lying.

Nobody's POV

Hyukjae sighed while walking towards Donghae's bed and sat on it. He looked up towards Donghae and used his right hand to pat the empty space beside him with a small smile. Donghae was hesitant at first but he complied in the end. Hyukjae thought that it was very peculiar that Donghae would take a minute or even a second to think about going to him.

Donghae sat beside him leaving a small gap between them avoiding eye contact with Hyukjae. What Hyukjae did not know was that he had gone to see Jessica on his own.

-FLASHBACK-

********************************************

Donghae was just sent into his room from the medical room since his condition was already getting better. He could also smile and stand up on his own so that's a good enough sign that he's not ill anymore. So in the middle of the night around 2am, he snuck out of his room to find Jessica. He wanted to thank her for saving his life but apparently all of the vampires in the entire mansion opposed to him. Is Jessica that bad of a person?

"Hae." A voice echoed throughout the whole corridor and it sent chills down his spine.

He stopped walking abruptly and turned around slowly with the omg-i-am-caught face.

"Yes Heechul hyung?"

"Where are you going?" He eyed me suspiciously.

Donghae POV

 

"Ohh I'm going to go to the garden for some.. f-fresh air yeah." I smiled nervously, curses I stuttered.

"You dont think I'm going to let you go that easily right?" Heechul sighed.

"Just let me be this time round." I used my aegyo .

I noticed that my feet were tugged and stuck to the ground. I looked up straight to him with a face that is not amused. I mean what's the big deal? I'm just going to meet Jessica, the lady who saved me? Is she that dangerous? I can protect myself too. Hmph.

"Lee Donghae I'm not in the mood to be ticked off right now just go back to your room." Heechul said with a strained voice.

"I can take care of myself Heenim." I said monotonously.

Right at that moment I could sense that things started to move in the corridor. I immediately crushed the light that was keeping my legs from moving. I jumped up and landed on a table that was nearby. Whew I just avoided Heechul's light streaks. I think I would have gone unconscious if I didn't. After recovering I noticed Heechul wasn't infront of me anymore. Oh god no.

I turned around and held my hand infront of my body, forming a shield and right at that moment an explosion occured. I was pushed back and I was thrown against the wall. You know, one thing about a vampire is that their eyes glow when they are using their powers. AND IT IS DAMN CREEPY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DARK. Especially the colour purple. Uwaa.

I felt my shirt being fisted and I was pushed against the wall harshly again. Unhappy purple eyes were glaring at me. Sigh.

"Sorry hyung." I glared back and my pupils turned pitch black.

Heechul's grip on my shirt loosened and he fell with a thud on the floor. With that, my pupils turned back to normal. I dusted myself off and helped Heenim sit straight against the wall. I didn't want him to be lying on the floor unconscious like that. I care about him okay? I'm not that heartless. Afterthat I headed to the room where Jessica was held.

I opened it slowly and it revealed her just sitting in the cage and she was staring into an emerald. Emerald..

"Um hi." I quietly said as I closed the door behind me.

She immediately made the gem disappear into thin air and sat up straight in the cage being very cautious. "Hi."

"What were you doing?" I asked out of curiousity.

"Why are you here?" Hm. Answering a question with a question. Seems so legit (-_-..)

"Well, one, I own this mansion. I just wanted to give you my thanks." I smiled slightly.

She just looked into her hands, not uttering a single word. She's not shy, that's for sure. She's being very careful with what she says. That's from my view.

"So. Why did you cast a spell onto Kyuhyun?" I sat on the floor facing her, a fence between us.

"He posed as a threat, there was nothing I could do. If I didn't do that, you're a goner." She said slowly.

"Now he is harmless though." Donghae raised an eyebrow.

Jessica then sighed. She did have a use for Kyuhyun. She was trying to contact or even find her clan but instead she bumped into Donghae and Kyuhyun who were having a brutal fight. Now, she is held back in this unbreakable cage. What was she supposed to do?

"I'll release the spell on one condition." 

"What is it?

"I'll need your blood." She looked away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Sorry for not updating for so long. Life is unfair *sigh*

DontJudgeMeDude - >_< All of my chapters are not proof read xD Probably i'll do that when its completed ^^

faylieannlee - Oh plz Kyu + Min I CANNOT *_*

Hae : Just wait for EunHae to shine in our small moment! :D

Min : Dream on :p

yanHae15 - OH IM CURIOUS YEAH (Shinee Sherlock) Okay bye sorry xD Too overr xD

shineeluva99 - I dont have anything against those who die :( Please beware there will be like some character death here (i wont say how many LOL)