Chapter 39

Not Everything Is As It Seems

EXAMS ARE OVER BABEH YAHYEAH YEAH YEAH HERE'S AN UPDATE FOR ALL YOU PEEPS. I'M GONNA GONNA JUMP OUT OF THE WINDOW LATER. I'm just kidding.

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 39

Nobody's POV

(italic - past)

Taemin saw thick mist covering his vision. Where am I? He wondered. Of course, he knew that he was somewhat in another dimension. Slowly dull colours started swirling around in the mist and he could see that he was in a small wooden cottage. There right in front of himself was his younger self, playing with a stuffed bunny doll, all alone in the room.

"Honey, are we still going to keep him here?" a female voice echoed from the other room.

Little Taemin just continued playing with his bunny while his parents were talking in the kitchen, unaware that Taemin's door was opened ajar. His face displayed a very sad emotion while he tried cheering himself up by hugging and playing with the stuffed toy.

"We can't just give him away can we? I mean what if no one wants to take him in?" a male voice talked back.

"Isn't it obvious no one wants him! If we keep him any longer our reputation and family's name will drop. And the reason is none other than him. We should just use him as the sacrifice."

Taemin watched his little self stand up and leave the room dragging the stuffed bunny. He immediately knew, this was his past that he yearned to remember. But what was going to hit him was going to be quite unexpected.

"You know we can't do that! He's just 15 years old! I think dropping our family name would be better than leaving him out." the so called "father' said out.

"Ugh. I can't stand him anymore, he's just going to school learning nothing! Let him rot to death for all I care!" The door to the kitchen noisily creaked open revealing a heart-broken Taemin as she finished her sentence.

"Taeminnie honey! We were just talking about someone else." The lady nervously laughed.

Taemin couldn't recognize the woman or the man standing in front of him anymore. His other side took over him unknowingly. What Taemin didn't know was that he had a slight personality disorder. He has a nice side and an abnormal side. When he's being Mr.Nice Guy no one, even vampires, would notice that he's not a human, unless his other side takes over.

Little Taemin's facial expression changed to a disguisted face and showed it to the humans that disrespected him. The light bulbs in the room broke into pieces. His other side took over his mind. A strong wind circulated around thewhole room as though a typhoon only hit that room. The two adults looked around in horror as a shrill scream escaped from their throats. And suddenly, it was cut out in a flash.

What happened? Taemin wondered to himself,"Did I kill my own parents?". I don't remember that.

Then the whole house collapsed leaving only little Taemin unscratched. He stood there dumbfounded of what just happened. One moment he out in the kitchen and the next, the whole house destroyed, no trace of his parents anymore. Luckily, there was absolutely no one in the middle of the night. Then Taemin immediately broke into a run, he ran all the way to the waterfalls, there he met Key.

"Annyeong and who might you be?" The blonde asked the little brunette cheerfully.

"Taemin.." He panted out, he had already lost sight of the village.

"Oh and what brings you here?" Key asked resting his feet in the water.

"People thinks that I'm already dead, because I'm supposed to be already sacrificed for good weather and harvests." Taemin answered sitting down.

"So the people at my place used to sacrifice teenagers every 5 years for prosperity?" Taemin asked.

"Yeah I'm afraid that you were the one supposed to be dead but somehow escaped." Donghae answered.

"Don't worry! I'll protect you!" Key showed the young boy a grin.

The time flew past very quickly and 1 year had passed by. Taemin watched as they slowly evolved to be a year older and it seemed like his younger self was all alone.

"Donghae where's Key?" I asked.

"He went to get food." He answered in his head.

Donghae wasn't physically beside Taemin but he's also watching the disheartening past.

Taemin just sat at the stream playing with the waterfall's healing water. What he didn't know was that his village never had any rain and the crops that grew there always withered. So all of them wondered why it was that way. They all started walking towards his direction without him knowing. Taemin still had his innocent side with him.

"Hey isn't that the kid that was supposed to be sacrificed?" A voice from the forest echoed.

"Oh my I think so!" Then all the footsteps turned louder and faster.

Taemin turned to his left and saw a mob of people pacing towards him. He immediately looked around trying to find Key, but he was nowhere to be seen. Then one of the ahjusshi grabbed his hand. Taemin tried resisting but there to many people.

"So he's the reason why all the crops are dying!" One of the women shouted in anger.

"Let me go!" Taemin struggled.

------- A few hours later -------

Taemin was knocked out and wrapped in a cloth, wearing a very nice blue coloured yukata. They all dug a hole at the bottom of the volcano and threw him in. Taemin was slowly get conscious. He could see the sky because the cloth around his left eye was not sealed properly. He started feeling sad and panicked.

"Key? Key get me out of here.." Taemin said weakly.

No one heard it except for him. On the top of the surface Key just arrived at the place after he heard that they found the ritual boy. He started panting heavily as he reached the place.

Then suddenly his father handed him the shovel.

"Quickly bury him!" He instructed.

"But-"

"Just do it or else the volcano will erupt!" One of the elders shouted.

Key then looked down at the hole. Then he dug a pile of dirt up and tossed it in the hole.

"Key, save me.." Taemin said as he saw dirt being thrown in. At one point Key's face was visible, he knew that the one person he could trust was burying him.

 

"I hate you all. I'm going to kill you all. This village is dead!" Taemin said in frustration, hatred growing in him as darkness enveloped him, his other side dying along with him.

 

After the burial Key immediately left the place and sat in a cottage somewhere far away from the village but the village could still be seen.

 

He smiled to himself and started laughing his heart out. He knew he did the wrong thing but for some reason he felt accomplished.

 

------ 12 Midnight -------

 

Back at the burial place it was very serene. Until..

 

A pale hand emerged out the ground pushing the dirt away from the bottom. Then soon the whole body emerged. The figure was wearing a black and bloody red yukata with very pale skin, very black hair and his eyes were impossibly widened, red in colour with the maniac look on his face.

 

His head supported by his left shoulder, a trial of blood from his left eye to his cheekbone. He smiled wickedly and creepily and turned slowly to the village with a hungry look in his eyes.

 

He then walked across the village and sharply turned to the house nearest to him, it burned in flames almost immediately. Then the boy started laughing softly with gaps in between each laugh and he destroyed another house. Many people noticed the smoke and started to wake up.

 

Then he saw them running out he smiled even wider and more insane, he pointed to them and they all burned in flames. The boy then laughed whole heartedly but with a lot of insanity included in.

 

Key then walked by the place and noticed the village was being burnt down. He then looked around from quite a distance because he wondered why.

 

So there he spotted a boy in a black and red yukata twirling around burning houses with glee. He smiled and laughed towards himself and walked away before the boy spotted him. Because he knew, he was hated the most by that one boy, Taemin.

 

Taemin's heart sank as he watched the scene of him destroying and murdering that one village. He looked like a maniac. The boy infront of him never lost the smile on that pale face. And Taemin knew, he was practically already dead while he did that. Which meant that he went back to life. Taemin felt tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

 

Then a spill of blood and skin tearing was heard. Taemin stopped smiling and fell on his back slowly, his hair pushed to the front. A hole painted on his left eye. Taemin looked up with a blank but frustrated face. There stood the Grim Reaper, the devil of the gate of hell.

 

"Thy have broken the rules of the gates of death. Even murdering humans without permission. Thou shant rest for eternity."

 

The grim Reaper's voice echoed across the whole place and everything turned silent and there was no blood,debree or anything. Only one lonely oak tree in the middle of the snow. That's right, after Taemin had been seized, the whole place was blanketed with a heavy snow storm that never ended. Taemin's body being covered by the ever pure snow.

 

Then on the right side of the tree a boy rised up from the snow unaware of anything. The boy had messy unkempt hair and looked as though he just woke up from bed. He looked very angelic like and innocent. Though he had one flaw, his left eye was patched by a snow white gauge so he could one see through one eye. 

 

But that boy knew one thing, he's dead. He couldn't feel any warmth circulating in his body nor could he feel the chilling temperature. The boy then looked at the tree.

 

"Annyeong tree, what are you doing in the middle of a blizzard?" He asked the tree curiously.

 

He looked at the tree as though it would actually answer. He then walked to the tree and hugged it. The tree started bearing leaves and looking healthy once again. The boy looked at the sight and smiled. He couldn't remember who he was or what had happened. The brunette just whispered,

 

"I'll take care of you.." He hugged the tree that was his only source of life.

 

He stuck to that tree for god knows how long and one day, it was time the tree died. The tree looked withered, worn out and ready to leave. The leaves were all fallen, yellow in colour. The boy looked at the tree and sighed.

 

He knew that the oak tree won't stay forever, but he did his best to protect it till it dies. Then the tree broke into pink petals and flew away with the wind, Taemin just eyed the flow of petals. He couldn't leave the place he was at.

 

Taemin then sat on the snow curled up, hugging his legs against himself. He started crying, his hope of living is gone, there's no way he could live peacefully once again.

 

He didn't know why he just had to die. He couldn't even remember the reason. But one thing was for sure, he is the innocent side of his dead body. Which meant that his other side had been killed already.

 

He dug his head in his arms and chest crying softly to himself. Then suddenly, he heard a crunching sound of the snow. He stopped shaking and crying and slowly looked up towards the source of the sound.

 

There stood a man who looked about the same age as him, glowing bright white. The unknown man looked down at him with dead eyes.

 

"Tainted." The man suddenly spoke out.

 

The little boy was confused and didn't know what he meant.

------------

A/N This is probably the longest Chapter I have ever written

OH YEAHHH okay i'm just spoiling the mood. Okay okay be immersed in sadness people xD ~

@hikaruvirgo : Somethinnnn

@EunHaeLove42 : *parteh* xD

@devinapurwardi : HERE IT IS :DDD