Chapter 20

Not Everything Is As It Seems

Chapter 20

Hyukjae POV

Ah there he is, by the garden smiling widely at me. I walked towards him and hugged him tightly. I couldn’t feel him hug me back so I let go of him and looked at his face. He was still giving an innocent smile but with tears rolling down his cheeks.

“Annyeong Hyukjae~” He gave me a wider smile with more tears.

He started bleeding on his forehead and stomach as though he had been shot by something. Eh? The person in front of me starts disintegrating in blue glitter quickly.

“No, don’t leave me…” I said out and tried to hug him again. But to no avail, the last glimpse I caught of him was his painful smile. I kneeled to the floor and banged it with my fists. Why am I so useless. Then suddenly I felt a pain surged at my stomach. I slowly looked at my stomach and saw an arrow there. I turned back feeling dizzy and weak. There was another man walking here smirking.

He walked towards me and held up a dagger to my heart. Before he could pierce through my body…

“kie.. Hyukkie! Wake up! It’s already 5pm!”

I groaned out in pain. Donghae heaved a sigh of relief. He thought that Hyukjae was caught up in a bad dream and decided to wake him up. I tried to get up and embrace my little fishy but my whole body was paralysed. Most probably from the shock of the dream but it’s quite peculiar. Instead I felt him hug me tightly. I looked at his face and it was his usual innocent smile without any pain or tears.

“Hae, I don’t think I’ll be able to train you today, I’m not in good shape right now. Go and ask someone else.” I smiled towards him.

“You don’t seem to have a fever,” Donghae placed his forehead on mine.

“But get well soon Hyukkie!” He jumped out of bed and ran out of the room. Haha he’s mine.

------------------------------

 Nobody’s POV

“Why don’t you ask Kyu? He’s quite free and I’m not the type to teach people.” Sungmin flipped to the next page of his book.

Donghae shifted his gaze from Sungmin to Kyuhyun.

“Kyu, can you train me?” Donghae kneeled in front of him.

“You don’t have to kneel you know.” Kyuhyun didn’t look up from his laptop.

“But are you going to train me? Pleassseeeeee~” Kyuhyun put his laptop down and locked it.

“Sure. Just that we play by my rules.”

“I’ll be tagging along.” Sungmin glared at Kyuhyun a little.

“Oh yay!” Donghae skipped out of the mansion.

Kyuhyun told Donghae to put up the strongest barrier he could do. Sungmin just sat beside a tree which was close to Donghae just in case. Kyuhyun’s eyes soon turned emerald. Kyuhyun summoned his scythe and hit it to the floor and there were vibrations. Donghae knew that Kyuhyun was being serious was he concentrated on his barrier. His scythe started to have a black aura growing around it. Kyuhyun abruptly pointed his scythe towards Donghae and a massive black shadow engulfed Donghae within seconds.

Sungmin gasped and just waited. He knew that Kyuhyun has always planned something up his sleeves and never does things recklessly. The move that Kyuhyun put to Donghae was one of his Medium range powers. Although it looked quite powerful though Kyuhyun could still do even worse than that. After a minute the shadow cleared up, Donghae was there safe and sound but his barrier had turned emerald and it had small spikes around it. Part of the barrier was cracked a little.

“Hm, Impressive.” Kyuhyun smirked at Donghae.

Donghae released the barrier and lay down on the floor. He just got the shock of his life. He didn’t expect Kyuhyun to actually attack him.

“Hae you know that there’s even more powerful attacks than that so you really shouldn’t underestimate people.” Sungmin stated.

“I know.” Donghae sat up recovered from his shock.

“Why don’t you try attacking me?” Kyuhyun stared at Donghae.

“But… I’m not so good yet…” Donghae looked to the ground.

“Just do your best.” Kyuhyun summoned a stick with an emerald pearl on it. Soon he was covered by darkness.

Donghae pushed water spikes towards the barrier. The barrier didn’t falter at all. Donghae sat down and thought to himself for a little while. Donghae immediately got an idea and took most of the water from the river and threw it up into the air. He shielded Sungmin and himself. Soon the water dropped onto the huge mass of black. Donghae closed his eyes and soon the water started glowing. His eyes also changed into sapphire blue. The water started floating and spinning around the barrier. In a blink of an eye it jerked and exploded into the barrier. The explosion caused a very bright light to be emitted so they couldn’t see what happened. Donghae opened his eyes and didn’t see Kyuhyun or the barrier anywhere. He started to panic.

“And you say you’re not so good.” A voice came from behind Donghae.

Donghae turned behind and fell due to Kyuhyun suddenly appearing and talking behind him.

“This is the second time you’re giving me a shock Kyu.” Donghae rubbed his back.

“You should know he does unexpected things when it’s the least expected.” Sungmin rolled his eyes to the smirking Kyuhyun.

“Well that’s all for today.” Kyuhyun simply said and walked towards Sungmin.

Donghae just waved at them and started walking back to the mansion. Donghae suddenly felt uneasy. He turned back and with one swift action the dart that was heading towards him evaporated.

“Not funny Kyu!” Donghae shielded himself and ran away.

“I was just testing you.” Kyuhyun smirked and walked away from the tree.

Sungmin felt grateful that now he could read in peace without having to worry about the three idiots. (Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and Donghae) Soon the sky turned dark and there stars appeared in the sky. Sungmin started closing his eyes. He felt tired because he didn’t sleep well the last few days. He had gone through many things too not only Donghae. Well most probably it was his boyfriend that made him have sleepless nights. Sungmin rested his head against the tree and closed his eyes. He soon fell into a deep and comfortable sleep.

A Carb was lurking in the bushes. As soon as Sungmin fell asleep it quickly dashed towards him and wanted to pounce on Sungmin. A snap was heard and the creature immediately got engulfed by a dark shadow.

"Tsk" Kyuhyun walked towards Sungmin slowly.

He sat down beside Sungmin and leaned against the tree too. The night was cool and serene. It was really quiet and peaceful that you could even hear a slight pin drop. The moon was up and the sky was filled with many stars. Sungmin edged closer to Kyuhyun in his sleep and rested his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder’s in between Kyuhyun’s head and shoulder. Kyuhyun put his arm around Sungmin’s waist. He looked up into the sky.

“What am I going to do with you…” Kyuhyun sighed happily and smiled to himself.

A/N Woo~ I have done 1 out of 10 homework! xD Hope this chapter makes your day xD