Chapter 46

Not Everything Is As It Seems

Chapter 46

Ryeowook POV

"Do you sense that?" I asked Hyukjae.

"Yeah, and it's nothing good."

Heechul.. I hope you're okay. We followed his scent of blood and finally found the room that Heenim is in along with Jessica of course. I quickly opened the door and we both stood astonished at what happened inside. I quickly hid behind Hyukjae, the room is just so creepy. The walls were all pitch black and there we're purple vines crawling around it. Some of them were out of the wall restraining someone.

Then Heechul turned towards us and his eyes were all dead serious and purple. I couldnt see anything except for his eyes which were really creepy.

"Heechul hyung?" Hyukjae spoke out.

"Ah." In a blink of an eye the room became back to how it's supposed to be though Jessica was still restrained but she's in a cage of vines this time.

"Hyung?" I asked this time.

"Sorry to bother you guys. Everything is fine." He coolly leaned against a table.

"You know. Everything obviously did not look fine at all. What's wrong?" Hyukjae asked.

Heechul then took his eyes off the ground and glanced a look towards Jessica and the both of us. Her breathing was not stable at all but she still had that cold look on her face. I became interested at why exactly was she doing that so I took a step towards her.

"Wookie." Heechul said with a stern voice. I immediately went back to my previous place; behind Hyukjae.

"Well. Let's just say something bad happened here. Come on let's go out I need some time away from her." Heechul walked out slowly.

--------------------------------------

Donghae POV

"So what's his progress?" Heechul asked Ryeowook.

"Well apparently, Kyuhyun's awake as you can see, but he's paralysed. Like he got caught in a spell of some sort. Oh and when you touch him, he's icy cold."

I didn't know what to do. Kyuhyun's caught in a spell, Sungmin is gone and I have no idea where! I really hope he is fine. I would veyr much want to go and find him myself but Hyukjae said no and if I tried I would be locked for a week. Certainly I do not want that to happen.

Siwon told me, haste makes waste. Sigh. It's true isn't it? If you rush something you'll tend to do more mistakes and it could lead to failure.

"Heh." Heechul snickered.

"What's so funny?" I wondered.

"This guy here." Heechul started poking Kyuhyun's cheeks ignoring the freezing cold skin.

"You're so mean." I pouted.

"If you say I'm mean have you seen this guy?" He was now pinching Kyuhyun's cheeks.

"Oh yeah..." Well it's true! Kyuhyun is meaner than Heechul.

------------------------------------

Heechul POV

It's not that easy to deal with people like her. I don't think keeping her around here is that safe because I'm worried for Donghae. Actually not really because I'm sure he's more powerful than her. But the thing is, they are both controlling the same element. Water.

"Ne. Hyukjae-sshi, are you going to be there forever?" I still kept my eyes on the moon.

Hyukjae then stood up from the tree branch and jumped to the patch of grass softly.

"I was thinking. Who the hell is that girl?" Hyukjae stopped walking beside me.

"Jessica Jung. She's an Ivy." I simply stated.

"Ivy?"

Ivy is a kind of creature that is incarnated into a human. It is very rare to find an Ivy because apparently, they were supposed to be extinct from the world when the vampire head ordered for us to make the Ivy's vanish.

Ivy's are half-vampire and the other half would depend on where they grew up in. If it's in the netherworld, then they are half-demon. If it's on earth, they are half-human. In Jessica's case, she's half-human but somehow, I can feel that she was trained somewhere before.

To know if that human or demon is an Ivy, their eyes would glow when they can sense that freshblood is near. Which is why I cut my wrist. I showed my wrist that was almost healed to Hyukjae.

Basically, they did not have a very nice background. It is said that Ivy's usually go in group when the clock strikes 12 midnight they would turn into a lingering soul, on purpose. Since they are invisible they can easily go into a vampire's body. Within minutes, the vampire would feel very ill.

The reason behind it is because the Ivy has been doing damage in the vampire's body and has been eating the vampire's soul at the same time. Eventually, we knew if this continued, all of us would be prone to be gone forever.

"Wow. How old are you to know all of this?"

"Let's keep that a secret." I smiled a little.

"Wait a minute, aren't Ivy's supposed to be dead?"

"Well. I know that the vampire king at that time did not kill one Ivy. I'm pretty sure she would have died due to their life span by now so I'm guessing that Jessica is somehow related to that one Ivy."

I took my eyes off the moon and ruffled Hyukjae's hair. I slowly walked back to the mansion.

"Oh. If you're worrying that much, Ivy's are unable to turn into souls now." I spoke without turning back towards him.

----------------------------------------------------

Kyuhyun POV

Darkness.

 

I belong here don't I? Everywhere I look I can see something lurking in here. But others? Oh others just take a look and all they see is the colour, black. In my view it's the same. Darkness. But in the darkness, there are shadows. I've always wondered why.

"Omma, why are there so many shadows in here?" I looked at my mom while I was being tucked into bed.

"Kyu, there's nothing here. I even put out the candles see?"

"Oh." The minute she stepped out of the room there were more shadows but they never did anything to me. They were just passing by.

Odd isn't it? To see shadows in the dark.

I was 4 years old then. I sat in the middle of the dark staring at all the scenes of people dying because of "supernatural" things. They dont die because there was nothing there. Definately, something was there. All I did, was watch. There is no point in telling someone tha there was a "monster" there. They would all think I'm hallucinating and just say : "The person died did not value life."

In other words, he commited suicide.

There is my human mom. Dying infront of my eyes in the kitchen in the middle of the night. I just watched her die with soulless eyes. She then looked at me with a horrid face. She hated me. She kept screaming and at her last breath she uttered, "You're a cursed child." The police came and asked me a few questions and all I answered was, "She did not value life.".

--------------------------------

At 7 years old

"Ne ne, what are you looking at?" a very young blonde asked me.

"The dark."

-

10 years old

"What'cha starin at?"

"That spot."

-

15 years old

"Are you looking at the dark?"

"Yeah."

-

16 years old

"I am looking at the dark."

"I was not going to ask that silly!"

"Oh."

"Why don't you look at me for once?"

I stopped breathing and blinking because that's a very weird question for him to ask. I've always been feared by everyone saying that I can kill people just by one look. So i slowly turned towards him and he's confused face became a bright smile.

"Hehe. Annyeong Haseyo! Lee Sungmin mida!" He saluted to me.

"Cho Kyuhyun.." I replied.

"You have to salute!" He said happily.

"Oh.." I slowly salute.

"You are now my friend!", he took my palm and placed something into it.

"This is the sign of our friendship! See you again Kyu~~!"

I was dumbfounded and watch him skip away happily. There was a bright white aura around him. Maybe the world isn't filled with shadows after all. Oh, that's right he gave me something. I opened my palm.

A stone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N T_T.... End of Chapter 46... D:..

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Sorry if it's ish. Construtive crticism is accepteddd and also : none of the chapters are proof-read!

@faylieannlee : OMG LOVE YOUR ROLEPLAY XD ~~

Eunhae : *thumbs up*

@EunHaeLove42 : YEAH HE BETTER OMG

@AyaniELF : Wise words. I love xD NEVER TRUST NEVER NEVER NO

 

Leave a comment on your opinion/ who you want to be included in the story :D (They/He/She might appear xD)