Chapter 15

Not Everything Is As It Seems

Chapter 15

Nobody’s POV

Donghae recalled all the memories that were taken away. He felt a splitting headache. He knew, his mother didn’t die in a car crash. He killed her. Donghae felt suffocated and his body felt hot. He sat up and his vision was blurry. Eunhyuk sat on the bed and stared at Donghae. Donghae looked up and his vision started to clear. His eyes and Eunhyuk’s met.

Donghae’s eyes turned red and he jumped onto Eunhyuk. At that moment, Eunhyuk knew that Donghae had turned into one of them. He could feel that Donghae was restraining himself. Donghae then rolled off him. He didn’t want to bite Eunhyuk or accept the truth.

“Y-you’re not Eunhyuk… H-hyukj-jae…”  Donghae said in between gasps. Eunhyuk first didn’t know what just happened but he soon registered what Donghae had said. Eunhyuk smiled and beckoned Donghae to come over. Donghae roughly shook his head.

Eunhyuk, who is now recognized as Hyukjae, stood up and sat on the floor with Donghae. Donghae’s orbs followed Eunhyuk as he sat on the floor. He was thirsty for blood but he felt it was bad to bite people. His lust took over and he pinned Eunhyuk to the wall with trembling hands.

“Drink Donghae.” Eunhyuk brushed Donghae’s fringe to the side and pulled his face to his neck.

Donghae’s face and fangs were near Eunhyuk’s neck. Donghae couldn’t take it anymore as he was too tempted. He sunk his fangs into Eunhyuk’s skin and drank. As Donghae drank, Eunhyuk felt drops of water fall down onto his neck at the same time.

“Don’t cry Hae. It’s for your own good.”

Donghae had hot tears streaming down his face as he drank Eunhyuk’s blood. Donghae’s eyes were slowly turning to sapphire blue. He never imagined that he would actually remember what happened during the past. He had lost his memory for 14 years and now it’s back to haunt him. Donghae stopped drinking when Eunhyuk started patting his back.

Donghae looked up to Eunhyuk with his widened eyes. The window started cracking and the plants started to wither. Eunhyuk pulled Donghae towards him.

“Sleep and rest.” Eunhyuk smiled and hugged Donghae.

Donghae fell asleep and the window broke into pieces but the plants were back to normal. Hyukjae was someone very special to him. He was the only one who dared to make friends with Donghae during Vampire Academy. (Yes all vampires attend academies when they’re young)

During that period of time Donghae already had one red star in his eye but he is always himself during school. People would still avoid him as he takes private lessons (1-on-1) not group lessons. He would always carry a monkey doll around and nobody knows why. During recess he would place the monkey on the tree and eat his lunch beside it.

-----------------

There was a knock on the door and it opened revealing Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

Kyuhyun looked at the window pane which does not have any glass and scoffed. Sungmin slapped his back.

“Hyuk is he a…” Sungmin got interrupted.

“Yes he is. I’ll explain it later” Eunhyuk carried the unconscious Donghae and left the room.

Kyuhyun walked to his room and shut the door. He had to cool down and do some thinking. It wasn’t Eunhyuk’s fault that Donghae had to be turned. It was Leeteuk. But isn’t Donghae a special person towards Leeteuk? Why would he even poison Donghae?

-----------

Eunhyuk put on a coat and wrapped a scarf around Donghae. He headed out with Donghae towards a cherry blossom tree. It was around autumn and the sun was already setting. Eunhyuk carefully placed Donghae’s back against the tree. It was an unusually cooling night. It was freezing as though it started snowing.

Donghae POV

There I stood in the dark just staring into space. A man suddenly appeared with a star in his left eye. I lazily turned my gaze towards him. On the other side, there was another person, red and yellow crescents, my father. Both of them were arguing about something but I couldn’t hear a single thing.

Suddenly the both of them turned sharply and stared into my soul. Both of them threw something towards me. Red and blue dust. I closed my eyes and opened it again once the dust was gone. They were not there anymore. Only another person which was myself, with a red star in his right eye.

He was wearing a coat which had black aura spilling at the bottom, black boots. He had a scythe on his back and he wore a smirk on his face. He stretched his hands towards me and I hesitantly grabbed it. Slowly, he turned into a dark blue aura and seeped into my body.

I fell to the floor lightly and opened my eyes.

It’s not a dream anymore.

Reality is back.

A/N Now you guys understand part of the story heheh~~ xD