Chapter 21

Not Everything Is As It Seems

Chapter 21

Donghae POV

“Hyukkie I brought strawberry milk for… you…” I dropped the carton of milk onto the floor. I scanned around the room feeling quite surprised. He isn’t here. I noticed that there were traces of tainted dust around here. But who would kidnap Hyuk? I paced to the balcony to inform the others about this.

“Wookie, where’s Hyukkie?” I tapped his shoulder lightly.

“Oh hyung, he told me that he wanted to go out for a little while.”

“Isn’t he supposed to be sick?”

“Not sure, he did look pale though.”

I pouted due to the confusing sides of evidence and stories. I went back to our room and searched it thoroughly. This dust isn’t from Hyukjae at all, not at all. I looked out the window and I noticed there was a small scroll against the window. I reached for it and unrolled it.

“If you have found this scroll, congratulations! Your beloved Hyukjae has been kidnapped and the only way to get him back is to turn yourself in or you can just call all of your little friends and get them killed. It’s your choice.” I looked up from the note.

. What am I supposed to do? If I go there alone he’ll release Hyukjae but then again Hyukjae will come back and bring the rest to save me in return. Besides who knows? He might not even release Hyuk and just trap the both of us. Does he think I’m stupid? Well I know I look dumb but it doesn’t mean that I don’t consider sides.

I took a deep breath in and walked out of the room. I noticed Kyuhyun had already come into the mansion carrying Sungmin in his arms. I shot him the something-is-wrong look. He immediately responded to me with the wait-a-second look. Kyuhyun laid Sungmin onto a nearby couch and walked towards me.

“What’s wrong Hae?”

“Hyukkie has been kidnapped. I need your help to find him.” I looked at him with my puppy eyes.

“Hyukjae? Kidnapped? I must be dreaming.” Kyuhyun scoffed.

“I’m serious! Look!” I shoved the note into his face.

“Oh wow. Inform the rest. I’ll find a way.”

I nodded and quickly told the rest. They all gave me a smug face at first because they couldn’t believe it. But I convinced them and they immediately gave me a worried look. There’s no way I’m going to go there alone. I can’t even kill a simple creature.

“Hae why don’t you rest and we’ll continue tomorrow?” Siwon placed a towel over his wet hair.

“Okay.” I smiled and headed back to the room.

I couldn’t stand the dark blue dust that was lingering in the room. I clapped my hands and almost immediately all of the dust gathered into my palm. I stared hard at it throwing all of my emotions, anger and sadness into it. The ball of dust exploded and I ducked. There was still one small orb floating around so I decided to keep it in a bottle.

-----------------------------

Hyukjae POV

Fu**. Why am I here and why did I even fall into his trap? I looked around and I noticed I was in a navy blue box. I tried to touch it but that just caused me more pain. Good defence they have there. I looked around the place and I finally noticed there was someone else here. I squinted to get a clearer view of the person. Wait a minute it’s that guy who tried to murder Donghae!

“Still alive?” I called out to the unmoving person.

“No, I’m dead.” He didn’t move an inch.

“Funny story, from a guy that’s replying my question. What are you doing here?” I rolled my eyes.

“I got outnumbered and caught. You?” He started shaking his head.

“Trance spell.”

“You should know better his aiming for someone you care about.” Another voice form behind me whispered.

I wasn’t chained up like that blonde but I was in a transparent box with a powerful seal. I turned around and there was another boy. He looked younger than me and he wasn’t trapped or anything.

“Who are you?” I asked him.

“Henry. I’m supposed to look after you two so that you don’t escape.”

“Fine. Just so you know, I won’t try to even budge this box of yours open.”

“It’s better that you don’t. You’ll kill yourself.” The little boy, Henry walked towards me. He simply walked into the box without getting hurt or bruises. He sat down in front of me and took out a small pill from a blue bottle.

“Here eat this.” He stretches his hand with a pill to me.

“And what’s this?” I asked feeling suspicious.

“It’ll help you get rid of the trance spell. If you don’t want it then it’s fine.” Henry looked up with a bored look. Is this guy too suspicious of people or what? He thought to himself.

I accepted the pill and ate it. I felt way better after a few moments and the brunette gave me a smile.

“You should tell your loved one about where you are or else he might end up at the ambushed places.” Henry leaned against the box. I just kept my mouth shut because if I leaned my back is going to ache really badly.

“I can’t. My powers are drained out due to your box.”

“Right. I’ll help you then but I’m not siding with you though.” Henry stood up and walked out of the box.

Just at that moment the door opened and a man with an unhappy face approached me. It’s not like I even like this guy. He hates me a lot.

“Your little Hae will come and rescue you.” He holds out a metallic spear.

He gave me a menancing smile and sliced my hand causing me to bleed. I shouted out in pain. This guy is a pain in the . I noticed that Henry just sat with the chained blonde and did nothing but looked to the floor.

“Are you happy now?” I breathed out. The air is so suffocating when he’s around.

“Not really. But I would be.” He rolled his eyes and hit me on the head once more. With that he left the room.

“Kim Kibum you’re so dead when I’m back to life.” I muttered. Ugh I feel so light headed.

A/N I'm not sure if I'll update next week. But I'll try ! :D