Chapter 27

Not Everything Is As It Seems

Donghae POV

"Hae? Hae you in there? It's me Hyukkie." I heard a soft whisper travel through the door.

No. I don't want him to see me. Not now. Is he getting better? WELL OF COURSE HE IS IF NOT WHY WOULD HE BE KNOCKING IN FONT OF MY DOOR. I want to see him but ... I just looked up and stared at the door and waited for another sound to come out. The silence was engulfing me as soon as he stopped talking.

"If you don't open up, I'll litterally brun the whole mansion down." He sounded quite stern.

"I'm not joking." He continued.

What should I do? Should I open the door?

"Really, now. He seems like his old self. Being pushed into one corner. Like how I first made friends with him.." Hyukjae thought to himself.

----------------------------------------------------

Nobody's POV

There sitting on the swing alone is a brunette with a sad looking face. His hair covering his eyes and he was clutching the metallic part of the swing that never swung. No one was around him because everyone didn't want to be with him. He had the intermediating aura around him that cause him to be unapproachable. He had ever tried making friends with people.

He got accepted but in the end they were just using him and when he found out, he unintentionally placed a frozen pill into their bodies due to his sadness and frustration. He could not control his emotions well so his emotions control his powers sometimes.

He thought that the world was a creepy place where he just couldn't fit in. So he sticked to his doll that his mother that given him. Even though the doll could not talk, breathe or even walk, he knew that the doll could keep him company.

It was like that until one day a red-haired boy walked up to him and reached out his hand towards him as a friendly gesture. They had whispers and murmuring behind their backs as the boy did that.

The brunette didn't move but instead stared hard at the hand that just popped out from nowhere. He thought it was just the caretaker wanting to bring him in back for classes. So he just stood up and held that hand.

After holding hands he realized it wasn't the caretaker. He immediately looked up. Blood red and sapphire blue eyes met with ruby red. The red haired boy smiled widely towards the brunette as the brunette emotionlessly stared into his face.

"Annyeong! My name is Hyukjae!" Hyukjae shook hands with the brunette who stood still with a blank face.

His expression was unreadable and no one ever knew what he was thinking. Even the best mind readers couldn't read or decode anythign he was thinking about. As the brunette didn't answer, Hyukjae just let go of their hands and smiled,

"See you around!"

The brunette stared at the boy who turned his back towards him and his hand still in the same position. He slowly looked down to his hand and looked back up again.

"Hyukjae..."He whispered.

-------------------------------------------

Hyukjae POV

I turned around and sighed. Just as I was about to walk away to actually talk to Sungmin, I felt a tug on my back shirt. I glanced back and noticed that Donghae's door was opened ajar and his hand was inbetween it grabbing my shirt. I immediately jumped, pushed the door open, closed it and hugged Donghae. I felt his skin was icy cold, he was quite skinny and very stiff.

I stopped hugging him and turned the light on. I gasped softly as I saw a very fragile and broken Donghae sitting on the floor. He wasn't crying, he was just broken. I forced a smile onto my face as I hugged him again. Without me knowing a few drops of tears dropped from my eyes. I felt that Donghae was slowly stretching his hands towards my back to hug me.

"Hae..Let it go.." I said softly to his ear. "What you did was right. If you didn't do that all of us might have died. Can you imagine what will happen after that?"

I felt Donghae froze in my arms so I brought my face from his neck to his eye level. His eyes had widened a little but most of the people wouldn't notice it. Only those that were close to Hae could spot that. I ran my fingers through his hair slowly and pushed his fringe aside. Sometimes I get scared of him when he doesn't respond. But at least he has a bit of expressions.

"Do you want to eat Hae? I heard you haven't eaten." I asked him caressing his skinny cheeks.

I felt him nodding against my hands. I just sighed with a slight smile and stood up. He looked up to me and with that I knew he didn't want to leave the room. I just kneeled in front of him and rubbed his head,

"I'll be right back."

I walked out of the room and glanced to back a bit and saw a lonely figure of a boy in the room. It just breaks my heart to see him like that. He deserves to be happy. I walked into the kitchen and saw a pissed off Kyuhyun sitting there. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"What are you looking at?" Kyuhyun said harshly.

"Everything but you." I took a plate and filled it with food.

"Yeah right." Kyuhyun scoffed. "What's with the food? Didn't you just ate?"

"It's for Hae."

"Oh.. How's he?" Kyuhyun tried to make his voice sound concerned and in the end it sounded like a pissed off person nagging.

"Not so good mentally." I just answered his question and left the kitchen.

Kyuhyun POV

Damn, my question doesn't sound like a question at all. I'm just quite pissed at a certain someone whose name starts with a 'H' and ends with an 'l'.

"Ohh Kyu~~ Where are you~~"

Speak of the devil.

"Oh there you are~ Let me give you a kiss for actually caring about Hyukjae!" Heechul walked towards me with a pout on his lips.

"There's no way in hell you're going to lend those lips onto me." I shot a glare at him and a knife appeared right in front of his face. He stopped dead at his tracks.

"You wouldn't want to scar my face would you?" His tone changed to a demanding one.

"Of course not. You're good to use." I rolled my eyes away from Heechul.

"I saw that."

"I don't care."

"I'll scar your Minnie!" Heechul screamed and walked away.

"F*** you." I threw a dagger which missed because Heechul tilted his head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N THERE'S A BEE FOLLOWING ME AROUND T-T And most of the time it rains whenever I write my story. WHYYY