Chapter 14

Not Everything Is As It Seems

Chapter 14

Nobody’s POV

“NO! Have mercy!!” The old man shouted. Donghae took his blade and slashed the man’s head of his body. He had a strict and blank face with a slight smirk. He was only 6 years old at that point of time and he had already mastered his power and was very skilled with attack and defence.

“That’s right Hae, you did well, all of them hated you.” A tall man walked towards him from the back. He had a crescent which was red and yellow in each eye. He smirked and rubbed Donghae’s head. Donghae let go of his weapon and started trembling. He knew he had done the wrong thing. What have all these people done? They were innocent. And hated him. They. Hated. Him.

Donghae’s eyes were filled with hatred and not long after a red star appeared in one of his sapphire blue eyes. He was brainwashed and lost because of that man, his father. Yes that’s right that man is his father.

Eunhyuk POV

While Donghae was unconscious a few drops of tears rolled down his cheeks. Is he dreaming something? No it can’t be.

Nobody’s POV

Not long after he reached the Palace where all the High Seats Vampires were. There was one, Yoojae, that criticized him that he was too weak and his family would die soon. He even took away some of their fortune for his own use. Donghae walked in the shadows dragging a long scythe that was tainted red with blood.

Donghae walked in slowly and Yoojae had his back faced to him. Donghae lifted the scythe up and plunged it down forcefully that the crack of the spine could be heard. He started slashing Yoojae into pieces. Yoojae had not expected that Donghae would have grown stronger in just a few years and thought that Donghae’s presence was harmless. He ignored Donghae and instead got stabbed in the back.

Yoojae turned into dust a few minutes later and flew up into the sky. Donghae opened the window and jumped down from the very high building. It was about 6000m high. Wings were moulded onto his back. It was pure white and half black with a hint of blue and red.

The colour of the wing shows how the person is feeling or how horrible the person actually is. For Donghae, he was stirred with emotions and his power was getting out of control. His father did not even try to ask Donghae to stop. He wanted Donghae to feel greedy and want more power.

Within a few months Donghae already had another red star in his other eye. His mother had the foresight to see the future. There was something terrible that would happen to Donghae years and years later. She didn’t want that to happen and it was also her fault that he was brought up this way.

She went into Donghae’s room and she saw him sitting in the dark. He was hugging himself crying. His mother felt broken hearted at that sight. Donghae looked up with a lost look. He knew that there was something terribly wrong with him. There was a powerful presence in him. He was too young and innocent to tame it.

Donghae’s mother went up to him and took out a small bottle from her pocket. It had an orange substance in it. She gave it to Donghae and hugged him. Donghae drank the liquid and immediately the presence took over him. He picked up the dagger and stabbed his mother.

“Umma?” Donghae asked with tears in his eyes as he gained his conscious. Donghae then saw the world turning black and all the colours fading away. Then there he saw his father in the dark. Donghae ran to his father and hugged him. The crescent eyed man muttered sorry with a sad look on his face.

Donghae didn’t understand what the sorry was for and looked up. He then saw a bright flash of light and all his memories were taken away. His grief and sadness all going away in that instant.

Leeteuk POV

It was a snowy day and the wind was very cold. I strolled along the trees which did not bare any leaves at all. I looked around enjoying the breeze and scenery till I caught a little boy sitting against a tree. The tree had red leaves and was starting to fall apart. As I got closer, I noticed that he was quite young and had brown hair. Also, I took note that he was a human.

The brunette was wearing thin clothes and he was sitting there crying to himself. I approached him carefully and crouched in front of him.

“W-who are y-you?” The brunette asked scared.

“I’m Park Jungsu. What are you doing here?” I stretched my hand to rub his hair and he quickly covered himself with his hands.

“Don’t be afraid. I won’t harm you.” He took his hands away and looked at me. Eh? He had one red eye and one brown eye.

“M-my name is D-Donghae…” He crawled towards me and snuggled at me. I chuckled at the act, he must be cold.

I carried him up and he fell asleep. I quickly wrapped my coat around him just in case he might freeze to death. I curiously looked at him while walking to Kyuhyun’s house wondering how he ended up somewhere deserted and cold.  It was then I saw a sapphire pendant with 4 pearls hug around his neck. He was one of the Lee’s but isn’t he human? Right now I’m quite busy so I have to keep him safe at Kyuhyun’s house.

Leeteuk knocked on the door and it was opened quickly. Kyuhyun stood there staring at him with the is-it-urgent face. Kyuhyun slowly panned down and saw a little brunette on his clutch.

“Take care of him while I’m gone. He’s worth to keep.” Leeteuk put on his coat, waved a goodbye and left the house. He trusted Kyuhyun for some reason and he didn’t know why.

Kyuhyun pulled Donghae up to his shoulders from the couch. Hmm? Sapphire pendant? Why does he have this only the Lee family would have it? Is he a vampire then? Maybe he just got it as a gift or something.

“I wonder… What is a little human boy doing wandering around the cold? It’s dangerous.” Kyuhyun pulled Donghae’s neck to his fangs and stopped. Kyuhyun just smirked and carried the boy up to the guestroom. Donghae was finally gaining his conscious and when he saw a strangers face he immediately jumped up and went to hide under the blanket.

“What are you doing?” Kyuhyun chuckled at the act. Donghae slowly peered from the sheets of blankets and took a good look at Kyuhyun. He thought that he was evil because of his appearance and evil smirk.

“I’m just hi-hiding. From y-you.” Donghae manage to say. He thought it sounded ridiculous considering the guy had already found him.

“Just take a rest and call me when you’re actually done hiding.” Kyuhyun laughed and left the room.

Donghae slipped out of the blankets and explored the room with his eyes. He thought that it was huge spacious, dimly lit and the windows were huge with curtains. Donghae lay down on the bed and drifted to sleep.

Kyuhyun POV

“Minnie, do you know that guy?”

“He was the one who gave me the necklace.” Sungmin turned to Kyuhyun.

“…”

“Why do you know him?”

“He’s back…” Kyuhyun whispered to himself.

“What?”

“Yes I do know him. He’s a senior…”

“Oh really? Phew, wait, why would he even bite Donghae when he doesn’t know Donghae.”

“I’ll explain everything later. Or maybe someone else.”

At that moment all of the vampires in building felt a chill down their spine and could sense something. Blood. It wasn’t an ordinary blood and it was a new scent to them. Sungmin and Kyuhyun looked to each other.

“Could it be…?”

A/N A glimpse of Donghae's past :)

@AyaniELF - I love your quote xD "Author's are teases" . Well said. well said xD

@DontJudgeMeDude - With Kyu~~~

@Huangdala - Wah so many questions xD

@ruthazar100 - Hi there x3