Chapter 33

Not Everything Is As It Seems

Hyukjae POV

Okay so here's the thing. After we found out about the potion that Ryeowook created for don't know what reason. Most probably to make the animals younger. We all went to bed and I really hoped that was all a dream but too bad, the moment I stirred from my sleep I could hear Kyuhyun's high pitched(not so high) laughter. So I rubbed my eyes to check on Donghae.

The weird thing is, Donghae isn't in bed. And the next weird thing is, I can smell blood. It's fresh and familiar. So I quickly got off bed and followed the scent closely. Then it led me to a deserted place in the mansion. It was really quiet and spooky. I really have to do something about this corner, it's just creepy to the core.

Then I noticed one of the doors was slightly opened and that's where the scent was from. So I pushed the door open slowly and pressed the light switch. What I saw almost made me faint. Donghae was there and his red eye was bleeding along with his neck. There were some scratch marks there and I'm guessing that he did that to himself.

"Donghae! Stop that!" I rushed to him and grabbed both of his hands.

Donghae just gave me a blank look without any emotions or hint that he's in pain. He also broke the eye contact after awhile. Sigh. I carried him up bridal style back to the medical room. Seriously is he okay? I never saw him like this when I was younger, well except for the gash on his leg that he had for don't know what reason.

As we both entered the medical room, I noticed that the man who was supposed to be asleep was already sitting on his bed caressing Taemin's hair. Most probably, Taemin took care of him till late at night until he accidentaly slept on a chair, resting his head on that guy's bed.

"Oh hey, who's the kid?" The man asked with a bit of worriedness in his voice.

"Donghae." I answered to him as I carefully placed Donghae on another vacant bed.

"Don't go anywhere okay? I'll be right back." I said to Donghae and pat his head softly.

 

Nobody's POV

"Donghae." Hyukjae answered to Minho.

Then Minho thought about it, 'Isn't Donghae supposed to be Taemin's master? But really? A very young boy? I didn't expect that.'

Just as Hyukjae closed the door to get something Taemin was disturbed by the noise and started waking up.

"Taemin ah." Minho said out softly still running his fingers through Taemin's hair.

"Hmm?" Taemin mumbled as he just woke up while stretching his hands and legs.

"Who is Donghae again?"

"He's Hyukjae's lover and is a very nice person." Taemin said while yawning.

"Why?"

"No I mean. Is that Donghae?" Minho gestured towards the boy that was just looking at the both of them emotionlessly.

"Yeah that's him." Taemin looked at Donghae and smiled.

"And you're sure...?" Minho wanted to check.

"Ye- WAIT WHY IS HE SO SMALL" Taemin jumped up and rubbed and blinked his eyes many times thinking that he was hallucinating.

"Jinjja.." Minho sighed.

"Donghae sshi? What's wrong why are you bleeding?" Taemin took a clean cloth and kneeled in front of Donghae. He wiped the blood slowly dabbing the cloth onto Donghae's face and neck.

"..." Donghae didn't say a word but instead made an eye contact with Taemin.

"Is he okay?" Minho asked not knowing about the situation.

What Minho couldn't see was a sapphire orb forming in Taemin's and Donghae's eyes.

Just at that time, the door opened and Hyukjae entered with a bottle of antiseptic medication.

Hyukjae stepped inside the room and noticed that Taemin was kneeling in front of Donghae, Donghae's back facing Hyukjae. So of course Hyukjae immediately noticed what was happening. Taemin suddenly slowly stopped dabbing the cloth to wipe away the blood and dropped it to the floor, frozen.

"DONGHAE NOO!" Hyukjae immediately placed the bottle on the nearest flat surface he could find and quickly jumped and pushed Taemin away from Donghae.

Taemin was flat on the floor and couldn't move, but slowly the blue orb in his eyes became smaller and smaller till it couldn't be seen anymore. That was when he shook his head, snapping out from the trance. Hyukjae then heaved a big sigh of relief, he almost got killed. Only Hyukjae knew what could happen at anytime.

---

Flashback

"Hae! I found a tomato! Let's share it!" Hyukjae skipped towards Donghae.

There was some chilling aura around Donghae and everyone knew that Donghae was really not in the mood to do anything. Even his teachers didn't bother to disturb him.

Donghae then turned sharply and glared at Hyukjae, his dark aura attacking Hyukjae, though it was perfectly harmless it could send chills down your spine. Hyukjae noticed that orb in Donghae's eyes and immediately knocked Donghae's head while he still could. Then all of the aura and orb disappeared, there was no trace of it.

Hyukjae immediately threw away his terrified face and turned it into a happy and smiling one.

"Ja.. Let's eat!"

------

Hyukjae POV

"Gomawo, we'll go somewhere else." I quickly carried Donghae up and grabbed the bottle.

Phew. That was a close call. Okay maybe I shouldn't have left him alone.

So I decided to bring the both of us outside. We both went to a huge white gazebo that had some nice vines around it. I placed Donghae on a bench that was already there and kneeled in front of him to clear him up. Then I started to apply the antiseptic solution to his wound.

"Why did you do that Hae?" I asked him while tending to his wounds.

"I don't know him." Donghae said while looking at something else.

"Hey listen, if you don't know the person, don't just attack them okay? Unless they hurt you first." I closed the antiseptic bottle as I finished clearing his injuries.

"Okay." Donghae plainly said.

Sometimes I like the obidient part of him but I just wonder, is he obidient to only me? Maybe I should try that.

Then that's when I just noticed, Donghae was actually admiring the snow. There was a little of sparkles in his eyes while he was looking outside the gazebo.

"Do you like snow Hae?" I asked slowly.

He didn't answer my question. Of course I'll get pissed. What do I need to do to get his attention. Ah ha. I threw a ring of flames around us and the snow melted into icy water. The spark in Donghae's eyes died and I got back his attention.

"Why'd you do that? The snow didn't hurt you." Donghae asked.

"I just want to ask you if you like snow Hae." I sighed.

"I'm not sure. But I'm jealous. I can't make snow." His eyes starting to have the spark again.

"Hmm want to make a snowman?" I smiled.

"I don't know how to though."

"It's fine. Let's go!" I pulled him along away from the melted snow and into the fluffly and white ones.

Firstly I started collecting and rolling a bunch of snow while Donghae just watched.

"Come on, you build one too." I helped Donghae by giving him my collected snow and pushing him lightly from the back to make the snow roll and grow bigger.

After a while we were both done building a snowman and I could see that Donghae was quite satisfied with his work. Now that I think about it. He hasn't smiled yet. Let's try.

"How can I make this nicer?" Donghae asked me with a little enthusiasm.

"Maybe if you smiled at it, it would really really look nicer." I said as a chance came in.

"Smile?" Donghae asked in confusion.

"Yeah, when someone smiles, everything will look better." I grinned widely at him.

"See?" Donghae looked at me carefully as I said that.

"Eh?Ne..." Donghae looked down. His cheeks were quite red. Is it too cold?

"Hae are you cold? Let's go inside."

"Eh..Aniyo..." Donghae said.

"But your cheeks are quite red." I said worriedly.

"EH?" He looked up and covered his face with his palm.

"Let's just go in okay? Once you feel better we can go out again." I said out and held his hand, both of us walking to the mansion.

"Okay.." Donghae mumbled soft enough for me to hear.

----

 

-_____- HYUKJAE WHY SO THICKHEADED CAN'T YOU SEE DONGHAE LIKES YOU?!?!?! AIHSKLDHFIHGSALFH.