Chapter 40

Not Everything Is As It Seems

Nobody POV

Taemin's heart sank and fell as he watched himself sitting in the snow. Is this the reaosn why they erased his memory? So that he wouldn't bear a grudge against himself? He thought to himself. As his past was still being played right in front of him, he still stayed strong and carefully studied it.

The little boy looked up to the man in front of him and wondered.. What is a man doing here? Moreover who or what is he? Tears still kept falling form his right eye and he couldn't stop himself from crying because of his burden. The man then suddenly offered him a piece of a strange fruit. Taemin just looked up and didn't know what to do. He's dead, he can't eat. The man in front of him was all of a sudden not so cold towards him anymore.

"Here eat this. It'll make you feel better." The man said with a kind face.

"I-I can't eat.." Taemin said out sobbing drastically.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I'm dead.."

"Well just eat it, it's edible for you and for me. I'm practically not alive too." The man said chuckling lightly.

Taemin then stopped sobbing for awhile to think and started once again, but this time accepting the fruit. He didn't know that to do, who could he trust? He had a feeling that the man in front of him would help him a lot and bring him out of his misery. Taemin felt that it was weird for him to be able to hold a fruit. He ate it and suddenly he felt calm. He saw the whole world spin and he fell asleep, after a few centuries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taemin POV

Everything turned pitch black and we were once again in my room at the mansion. My past being cleared away from my vision. I don't know why but I just feel that my past had an impact on me. But then again, if my memories were not erased, what would have happened? Would I even had survived until this day? Most probably I'll be a fragile kid who's useless and all that, but even though I was like that, the other ELFs especialy Heechul hyung were there to guide me and get rid of my hatred.

"Hyung, I'm sorry that's all I could show you." Donghae sighed tiredly and plopped on my bed.

"Ani- It's okay." I smiled bitterly as tears streamed down from my eyes. The world is a cruel place huh?

"I'm glad that I could make you feel better...Look at you, water from both eyes." Donghae said softly as he felt sleepy.

Eh? I turned to my right were there was a mirror and lookedat my tear-stained face, potraying happiness and sadness both at the same time. But I also had tears running down from my left eye. I felt that the burden in my heart had all of a sudden gotten lighter as I cried my heart out. I needed to accept my pat of else I won't be able to move on. I turned back to Donghae who was smiling at me, it was a slight smile but it's still an emotion right?

"I think..You should sleep now Donghae, you've done quite a lot for a 7 year old boy." I chuckled slightly and ruffled his hair.

"But I'm not sleepy.." Donghae mumbled, his eyes fluttering.

"If you don't sleep I'll make sure Hyukjae sshi doesn't find you." I said jokingly.

"So mean. Fine." Donghae pouted and hid under the blanket.

Hmm speaking of Hyukjae, I wonder what he's doing.

----------------------------------

Leeteuk POV

I looked to the floor in disgust as I saw dead bodies of humans and vampires at the same time. Henry was tagging along beside me. This place looks as though a massare had just occured but we're here for one objective. We have to talk to the one of the oldest vampire in the world, Hankyung. He's known to feed off human's and vampires till they're dry and die due to lack of blood.

So whenever it's HIS feeding time, just be very careful not to bump into him. He only feeds once a month but well, it take around 30 full drained humans' blood for him to be satisfied.

"I don't like this place hyung." Henry scrunched his nose up due to the strong smell of blood in the air.

Henry is one of the rare types of strong High Class Vampires to actually detest the smell of blood and not get tempted by it. Those kind of vampires have the upperhand when in times of need and danger because if they lust for blood, they would just have to bite a person and drinking a small amount would already be enough for them.

After the long walk through the long, dark, bloody and narrow hallway there stood a copper door in front of us. I took a deep breath in and pushed it open. The door eeriely creaked as I pushed it and it revealed many souls wandering around the place. They all stopped floating around and turned towards us, a second later resuming whatever they were doing.

We walked through the path of the lost souls until we stopped in front of a big door about 50 metres tall. There was a creepy looking guy standing beside the door watching our every move. This place just gives me the creeps, I'm sure Henry is also aware that if he said one wrong thing our plan would turn upside down. I cleared my throat silently and spoke,

"Good evening, we're here to seek for Lord Hankyung." I said to the creepy guy and he suddenly froze. After a while he became normal again and the door in front of us opened slowly. Maybe it was telepathy that was why he froze.

There sitting on a throne was Hankyung, around him there were many corpses on laying on the floor. 'He just had his feeding session.' I thought to myself.

"Oh what a rare guest we have here," He said a little bit surprised with a hint of teasing.

"You just missed my feeding session too. What a pity." He said out with dissapointment and a creature that looked like a cat but had glowing red eyes.

"Lord Hankyung I would have a favour to ask of you." I kneeled down on one knee and bowed my head. Henry caught on seconds later and did the same.

"Hmm?" His eyes suddenly lighted up, I could sense he was quite interested,

"Go ahead."

"I would like you to find out the last vampire Future seeker, I know it's said that they had all died but I have a feeling that it has just not awakened yet." I was quite sure because Krystal promised me that when she died, she would immediately be reincarnated into someone else. Just that I had to find a way to track her down. I had already tried a hundred ways but they had not worked out so this was the last resort.

"Oh I can definately do that." Lord Hankyung said with a smirk.

"But what's the catch?" Henry said out before I could.

"Ahh, I see we have a bright boy here. Very clever indeed.  Since I don't feel quite satisfied after feeding with all this worthless humans, bring me that boy."

"That boy?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes, that boy you have in your mind." He said unamused.

Lord Hankyung is known to be able to see what's on our mind whether we're actually thinking about it or not.

"Please give a description." I said out respectfully.

"Well if it's that difficult. That blonde with silver diamond-like eyes. You gave him an important necklace that depended on someone's life." Hankyung said smiling twirling his finger in a circular motion.

'Crap why must it be him.' I thought to myself being very careful that he could not hear that.

"Isn't there another choice?" I asked, that blonde is obviously an important player in this so he can't just die yet.

"There is. It would be you eliminating the entire human race." Hankyung eyed me playfully. He knew that I could just cut off the world population of humans life with just a simple snap. Though, I don't think that was a choice I should consider.

"Hmm so?" Hankyung asked after I thought for awhile. I could see that Henry's face was kind of stressed up.

"There won't be a dateline, just bring him to me. Alive"  The last word sounded very threatening. I didn't have a choice.

"I'll bring him to you."

-----------------------

A/N I had the writer's block FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IT . Okay sorry for the short chapter T-T Leave a comment below on your opinions x) ~

@LoveSHINeeSuJu : I'm starting to feel that my story is sadistic ( which wasn't supposed to be in the first place but it turned out that way O_O" )

@AyaniELF : Studying ? ^~^