Chapter 16

Not Everything Is As It Seems

Chapter 16

Donghae POV

The pink petals flew past my vision and the sun had set. I had 14 years to improve and protect myself. The thing that has also grown in me is being tamed. I don’t think I’m an innocent person anymore. My life has been a lie. Is that true though? I looked towards the owner of which hands are touching my face.

“Hae, you awake now?” My lover asked me.

Tears started to roll down my cheeks. It’s been too long. If he weren’t there for me, I would have been dead already. Who is he you ask? It’s Hyukjae, whose name is Lee Eunhyuk in the human world.

“Hae… Don’t cry..” Eunhyuk came closer to me.

“Stay away from me…I don’t deserve y-your attention.” I pushed Eunhyuk away and looked down. That’s right, after he left for quite a short time; I did many things he told me not to do. Murder.

I stood up and walked towards the mansion. I felt a tug on my hand and I turned around. Only to get pulled into a sweet kiss. More tears poured out as I felt grateful because I have people that actually care for me now. There’s Kyuhyun, he took care of me since I turned into a human.

I have my chocolate brown eyes now thanks to him. He helped my get rid of my red eye somehow. I had forgotten how that happened. Well it doesn’t matter now right? Eunhyuk pulled back from our kiss and hugged me tightly. He pulled my hand along back to the mansion.

Nobody’s POV

Once the both of them entered the mansion, Kyuhyun and Sungmin were both glaring at Eunhyuk. They needed to know exactly what is going on. Kyuhyun was actually very confused as why Donghae looked fine. Sungmin on the other hand, wanted to know how Donghae got to know Eunhyuk.

Donghae’s heart clenched when more of his memories started pouring in. He couldn’t keep the tears in and let it flow. Eunhyuk let Donghae go up into their room first.

As Donghae closed the door behind him, he closed his eyes and tried to forget about his past. But of course, that isn’t possible. He heard the window pushed open and strong chilling wind blew in. Donghae opened his eyes and quickly stood up. There was nobody there but there was a note.

My dear brother,

I’m glad to hear that you’ve turned into a vampire once again. However, I’m disappointed that I couldn’t send someone else to painfully turn you into one. Instead someone else did it. Of course, it wasn’t painful was it? Such a pity, I look forward to seeing you again. And when you do, I won’t be your dearest brother you knew.”

Suddenly a flaming arrow shot into the paper and missed Donghae’s neck my a few inches. The paper was burnt into pieces. Donghae looked out to the window and could spot an archer running away in the trees. He raised his hand up to the man’s direction and clenched his fist tightly.

A shrill scream could be heard from very far away. The archer had been sliced into pieces in an instant from a very far range. Donghae widened his eyes and quickly curled up at the corner of his room clutching his hair. He started to have a headache. What am I doing…?

---------

“Spill it.” Kyuhyun grabbed Eunhyuk’s collar and held a knife to his neck. Sungmin ran towards him and tried to pull Kyuhyun’s hand away but of course he stood firmly.

“Look here. Let me ask you first when did you meet Donghae and what was he?” Eunhyuk grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and pushed it away with his full strength. He must be pissed or something.

“If I’m not wrong it was 14 years ago and he was human. He had a red eye that I got rid of though.” Kyuhyun muttered.

“Well I met him 17 years ago. He was a very lonely vampire who had a red star in his eye. He was indeed born a pureblood. Does that answer your questions?” Eunhyuk walked towards the couch and threw himself on it.

“Wait WHAT?” Sungmin shouted and immediately covered his mouth when Kyuhyun turned and glared at him.

“So you’re saying that he’s not a Level E? Or a High Class Vampire for that matter but a pureblood?”

“That’s right.” Eunhyuk took a bite from a strawberry that was on the coffee table in front of the couch.

Before Kyuhyun could open his mouth, all of them heard a chilling scream.

“What was that?” Ryeowook peeked out from his room.

“Probably, Donghae’s doing. I have to go up now.” Eunhyuk got up and slowly went up the stairs.

“Minnie! Let’s bake cupcakes to cheer everyone up!” Ryeowook jumped down the stairs excitedly.

Ryeowook grabbed Sungmin’s hand and pulled him into the kitchen. He put on a bunny chef hat and a pink apron on Sungmin and a white chef hat from himself. He started getting everything necessary for cupcakes.

“Pfffttt.” Kyuhyun started laughing.

“Hey at least I don’t play Mario like a certain someone.” Sungmin ducked and a knife plunged into the wall. Ryeowook jumped startled by the impact.

“Hey! Don’t play with knifes Kyu! It’s dangerous!” Ryeowook started mixing the bowl of batter.

“Whatever, I’m sure the one’s Minnie made will taste horrible.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and walked away. The knife that was on the wall melted into iron.

“Let’s just see.” Minnie smirked and picked up a whisk.

----------------

“Hae, calm yourself down.” Eunhyuk pulled Donghae from the corner and cuddled with him on the bed.

“I-I can’t take it.” Donghae said out. He was angry at himself and in the end vented his anger out at some guy who shot an arrow through the note. Well that’s reasonable actually don’t you think?

Eunhyuk then looked at Donghae intensely. He suddenly flicked his finger to Donghae’s forehead.

“Ouch… What was that for?” Donghae rubbed his head which had a red mark.

“Just cheering you up.” Eunhyuk smiled at Donghae who was pouting.

“Hey, I’ll tell you what. Tomorrow I’ll be giving you a lesson on your powers.” Eunhyuk laid down on the bed and pat on it.

“Really?! Thanks Hyuk!!” Donghae smiled excitedly and snuggled into the blanket beside him.

Eunhyuk chuckled at Donghae’s sudden mood change and hugged him tightly. He’s just an angel that gets easily offended and easily cheered up.

A/N hahaa xD

@JooMirForLife - Hi there :3 Hope that I won't disappoint you xDD

@AyaniELF - Chill :OOO ~~

@ruthazar100 - Hehe. Many people were confused >.<

@xXkpopSujuxX - Thanks xD~