Why Blame It On Yourself?

Memories of Love

Listen to this while you’re reading: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCQGV7G1o2E

 


Haneul woke up, unable to speak. She saw Sungmin laying right beside her sleeping. His eyes were red, meaning he had been crying for a long time. Haneul stood there staring at him. She didn’t know what was happening. She fell unconscious due to the shock.

“Dr Kim, are you sure that’s she’s alright now?” asked Ryeowook in the waiting room.

“Yes, I’m sure, although for the next few days Ms Lee Haneul and Mr Cho Kyuhyun will be slipping in and out of consciousness due to the shock, and they won’t be able to speak much… maybe not at all until they calm down… That’s all I can say for now,” replied Dr Kim.

“Alright, thank you.”

Sungmin woke up and noticed he fell asleep while crying; now he had a terrible headache. He looked at Haneul’s calm and beautiful face resting on her soft pillow. As he stared, the tears came back to him and he started crying again.

He suddenly start remembering that painful time that Haneul rejected his offer of going out with him and he reminded himself of the time he found out she was Ryeowook’s girlfriend. He remembered the shock, the pain and the depressing moment.

He wanted to throw all of his anger out on someone, yet he wanted to break down and cry, but it was all happening too fast and he almost froze on the spot when they told him. He remembered the heartbreaking ‘betrayal’.

He continued crying and lost count of how many hours he has been crying near Haneul’s bed. Fortunately the tears somewhat dried but his eyes were still red. He saw Haneul move a little and her eyes fluttered open, he immediately stood up and held her shoulders.

“Haneul, are you alright? Do you remember me? Do you know who I am?” asked Sungmin quickly. Haneul was still too shocked to respond and she just stood there, eyes wide open and she froze. “Haneul?” asked Sungmin again. Her eyes closed and she fell unconscious again. “Haneul? Haneul? Haneul?” asked Sungmin repeating her name shaking her and lightly hitting her cheek.

“Hyung! Don’t!” exclaimed Ryeowook he walked in and stopped Sungmin.

“Ryeowook…” said Sungmin quietly.  Ryeowook carefully repositioned Haneul and led Sungmin outside. As he looked into his dongsaeng’s eyes he felt heartbroken once again.

“Hyung, I understand how you feel, just… don’t blame everything on yourself, you gotta give some of the blame to other people, you know how terrible I feel for letting this happen to her?” said Ryeowook.

“… whatever…” replied Sungmin with a frown and looking away.

“Hyung I know you care about her, but it’s not your fault that this happened, so why blame it on yourself?” asked Ryeowook. Sungmin glared at him.

“Why blame it on myself?! Shouldn’t you be doing that too if you care for her so much?! What kind of a boyfriend are you if you don’t care for her as much or even more than I do?!” asked Sungmin with anger rising. They stared at each other and Ryeowook’s vision began to get blurry and Sungmin could see he was about to cry.

“Hyung, you know how much I care about her… maybe I do cherish her more than you…!” replied the small boy trying not to stutter.

“Oh, you don’t even know how much I care about her! I cherish her more than you think! Why do you think I’ve been crying next to her bed for ages?! Huh?! Shouldn’t you be doing that as well?!”

“… Hyung, calm down… if you throw out all of your anger on me, you’ll somewhat regret it. Just… don’t think about it anymore-“

“You know what? I don’t even think you deserve to be her boyfriend at all! You don’t care about her as much as you think-!”

“I do! Actually, more than I think!” shouted Ryeowook.

Haneul woke up and heard two people yelling just outside her room. She knew who they were except she didn’t know what to feel do or think. That was how shocked she was from the accident. She heard them yelling for a few minutes then one of them stormed into her room so quickly she didn’t know how to react.

“Haneul, you’re awake…” said the boy quietly. She stood there staring at the boy while he smiled a little… then she fell unconscious again. “Aish, Ryeowook try not to shock her too much again…” said the boy talking to himself repositioning Haneul.

Only a few weeks had passed, Eunhyuk and Shindong were released from the hospital since they only had minor injuries, but the rest had to stay for another… who knows how long? But Kyuhyun and Haneul were able to speak again and they got over the shock, they even stopped slipping through consciousness and unconsciousness. Sungmin was still blaming everything on himself and didn’t even bother taking Ryeowook’s advice.

Hanuel was in her bed and heard every bit of Kyuhyun’s song that he made up while being bored. And she began to think about something…

‘Why did I agree to that deal? Why did I agree to let them make me more famous, and hang around them? Why?! I’m so dumb, if it weren’t for me… then… none of this would’ve happened, it’s because of me! You fool!’ thought Haneul scolding herself. ‘Why did it have to be like this?! Now… everyone’s worrying about me, blaming it on themselves for not ‘protecting’ me, well I’m the one everyone should be blaming it on…! Sungmin and Ryewook are even fighting… just because of me, everything is MY FAULT!’

Haneul asked for a piece of paper and pencil and start writing. She sang out (slowly and gentle) what she wrote down.

Don’t let your dream fade away… Don’t let anyone else get in the way

You are my only special one, so don’t give up

Don’t let anyone make fun of you; follow your own path…

And take the first chance…

 

I love you, I love you, I care about you

So I won’t let you go, but go ahead and live your life, live your dream,

I love you, I love you, I’m sorry…

If I’m the one stopping you….

 

Your eyes shine like a crystal, those eyes will soon fade into the darkness

Am I the one pulling you into your grave?

I haven’t seen your smile in a long time, did I make your smiling face go away?

Are you really depressed?

 

I love you, I love you, I care about you

So I won’t let you go, but go ahead and live your life, live your dream

I love you, I love you, I’m sorry…

If I’m the one stopping you…

 

Please, just listen closely…

I love you, I love you and I’m sorry…

 

“That’s really nice yet sad song Haneul,” said Kyuhyun. She looked at him, in his bed next to her with the curtain open. She was embarrassed but at least she was praised.

“Thank you oppa,” said Haneul with a sheepish grin.

“… You know? I know what that whole song is about. It’s true, you are making Sungmin hyung and Ryeowook hyung are worrying about you a lot.”

“Well that helps oppa, very nice of you to bring that up,” said Haneul sarcastically then shot a glare at him.

“Don’t worry though… everyone can over exaggerate at times, they’ll get over it soon, don’t blame everything on yourself…”

 

**

Hope you enjoy and comment ^^~!

 

“Don’t worry though… everyone can over exaggerate at times, they’ll get over it soon, don’t blame everything on yourself…”