Fresh Start/Jealous?!

Memories of Love

2012, January 15, 8:30 pm

“Alright,” said Hye-Jin barging into Jaehyun’s room, “Jaehyun, I’m disappointed in you. How could you do this? We give you a chance to live with us and what do you do to us? You don’t even treat us like family. I’m the oldest girl here, we need to sort out your problems. What’s your exact relationship with Eunhyuk? Enemy? Roommate?” asked Hye-Jin.

Jaehyun sighed and thought about it.

“I just don’t get it. At first glance I thought he was so nice, like we would be best friends, now we’re enemies. When he heard I was moving in, he acted like he didn’t want me living here,” replied Jaehyun.

“That’s how he acts like all the time,” said Hye-Jin.

“Jinjja?” asked Jaehyun.

“Okay… maybe not all the time. How exactly did he react?” asked Hye-Jin.

“Uh… nervous?” said Jaehyun uncertain. “I don’t know.”

“Arasso, I’m not playing any games here anymore. I’m being serious, Haneul’s been helping you out a lot because she solved your problem with Kyuhyun and Yunae. You’re lucky they’re still together, now I’m going to do my part in taking care of you girls starting with you,” said Hye-Jin. “Pick up your game, improve your attitude, then will I decided if you can stay here for as long as you want, arasso?”

“Wait, so you can kick me out even if my standards are just a little below yours’?” asked Jaehyun.

“Neh. Now when you and Eunhyuk go to sleep, be nice otherwise you have a bigger chance of getting kicked out. And tomorrow, you better be bright and happy, and have a better judgement of Eunhyuk. Arasso?”

“But I-“

Arasso?”

“A-A-Ara-Arasso…” replied Jaehyun.

“Good,” said Hye-Jin then left. Jaehyun groaned and lay down on her bed. She stared at the ceiling for a while until Eunhyuk entered slowly.

“Hey, uh… do you want… to start fresh?” asked Eunhyuk slowly. He lowered his head shyly so Jaehyun couldn’t see his face which was apparently blushing.

“Uh… I-“

“It’s okay, never mind about it, I knew you wouldn’t, it’s okay if you still hate me-“ said Eunhyuk.

“Aniyo! I like you!” said Jaehyun trying to cheer up but then gasped. ‘Pabo! Pabo Jaehyun! Why would you say something like that?!’ thought Jaehyun wanting to beat herself up.

“U-U-Uh… y-you do?” asked Eunhyuk. Jaehyun smiled nervously.

“U-U-Uh… n-n-not in t-t-that w-w-way…” Jaehyun managed to say. Eunhyuk looked down sadly.

“Oh… r-r-right, I knew… that…” said Eunhyuk. There was an awkward silence until Jaehyun cut it off.

“Actually I really do like you!” said Jaehyun. Jaehyun clenched her fist just about to hit herself but didn’t want to look bad. Eunhyuk blushed even more but hid his face. Jaehyun was just about to correct herself until Eunhyuk stopped her.

“It’s okay, I know what you meant, you don’t like-“

“I want to start fresh!” Jaehyun admitted finally. “So, can we start now?”

“Arasso. Annyeong, Eunhyuk imnida, call me HyukJae-“ said Eunhyuk smiling but said the HyukJae part without thinking and stopped in mid-sentence. “I-I meant if you would… like to… I guess…”

“Aniyo, I will give you respect and call you Eunhyuk-sshi. Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jaehyun imnida. Nice to meet you Eunhyuk-sshi!” said Jaehyun happily. Eunhyuk smiled and left the room. Jaehyun groaned and lay down on her bed.

“Pabo Jaehyun ah. Why would you say you like him?” asked

 

2012, January 17, 1:00 pm

While Eunhyuk and Jaehyun were having lunch Nichkun. Yes, 2PM’s Thai Prince: Nichkhun. He entered the dorms and snuck up behind Eunhyuk. He covered his eyes which made Eunhyuk confused.

“Who is it? Who turned off the light?” asked Eunhyuk. Jaehyun giggled and Nichkhun took his hands off while putting his face in front of Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk jumped back and sighed in relief.

“Oh, Nichkhun, don’t scare me like that,” said Eunhyuk.

“Mianhae hyung, just wanted to surprise you,” said Nichkun. Jaehyun looked up at Nickhun and he stared back for 3 seconds then looked back at Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk saw their small stare and how bright and innocent Jaehyun looked. It sort of made him disappointed that he hadn’t done something like that with her.

“So, uh, hyung? Who’s this lovely lady?” asked Nichkhun smiling. Jaehyun slightly blushed and hid her face.

“This is my friend, Kim Jaehyun. She’s-“ said Eunhyuk but got cut off.

“Kim Jaehyun imnida, nice to meet you!” said Jaehyun smiling. She and Nichkhun smiled at each other ignoring Eunhyuk. He felt excluded from their smiles. He just smiled but no one noticed. He actually felt quite… what’s that feeling?

‘What’s this feeling? Why do I envy Nichkhun right now? Omo! Am I jealous?! No way! I don’t like Jaehyun! But I do-not in that way! Right? Argh! I have to make up my mind about girls!’ thought Eunhyuk.

“Well, would you like to go out for lunch?” asked Nichkhun.

“But we-“ said Eunhyuk.

“Keure! I wasn’t eating at all,” said Jaehyun. Eunhyuk’s smiled immediately wiped off his face as Jaehyun stood up.

“Then let’s go, bye hyung!” said Nichkhun holding Jaehyun’s hand.

“Bye Eunhyuk!” said Jaehyun absent-mindedly as they walked out of the dorms. The dancing machine just felt like… crap. After he saw Jaehyun’s smile he envied Nichkhun even more. Why couldn’t he make Jaehyun smile like that?

‘Why can’t I ask her on a date?! Wait! Date?! Jaehyun?! No way, not in a million years! Then why am I so jealous that she’s on a date with Nichkhun? This is so confusing!’ thought Eunhyuk. He hit the table and buried his face into his hands. He even felt water in his hands.

‘Wait, tears? Why am I crying? What’s wrong with me? Do I like Jaehyun? No, just a friend… just a friend… or more?’

“Tch, she even forgot to call me Eunhyuk-sshi like she told me she would,” said Eunhyuk. After lunch Nichkhun and Jaehyun came back happily leaving Eunhyuk even more depressed.

“Jaehyun-sshi, would you like to go on another date some time soon?” asked Nichkhun.

“Neh! I’d love that! Gomawo, you are the sweetest person on earth,” replied Jaehyun.

“Okay, goodbye my Korean princess,” compliment Nichkhun making Jaehyun blush as he left. Eunhyuk was filled with jealousy, anger and sadness. He wanted to punch Nichkhun right in the face and yell at him to back off of Jaehyun.

“Aw~! He’s soo sweet~!” said Jaehyun sighing. “He’s so sweet~! The best guy I ever laid eyes on~!”

“Ya! Jaehyun!” shouted Eunhyuk angrily. Jaehyun turned around and her happy mood immediately went away once she saw Eunhyuk’s dry tears and sad face.

“Eunhyuk, what’s wrong?” asked Jaehyun. Eunhyuk grabbed her shoulders and pinned her to the wall. He almost started crying but stopped his tears from showing her how he felt.

“Eunhyuk ah?” Jaehyun asked again.

“What did you do on your date with him?” asked Eunhyuk. “And answer honestly,” demanded Eunhyuk calmly.

“We just went to eat lunch at a restaurant. We talked and…” replied Jaehyun slowly. Eunhyuk stared at her angrily. His eyes demanded an answer and she was too afraid to talk, yet those eyes made her heart skip a beat. What was this feeling she had with Eunhyuk that seemed more special than with Nichkhun?

And…?” asked Eunhyuk.

“He-He-He-“

“HE WHAT?!”

“He kissed me!” Jaehyun spat out finally. Anger was now filling up every bit of Eunhyuk as he clenched her shoulders.

“A-A-A-A-Eunhyuk, y-y-y-you’re-“ said Jaehyun as his grasp was tightening making her shoulders almost go numb.

“HE KISSED YOU?!” Eunhyuk shouted at her.

“A-A-A-Ah! Eunhyuk! Just on the cheek!” exclaimed Jaehyun. “Eunhyuk! Please let go!” begged Jaehyun. His grip only tightened even more and she was at the point where she could’ve screamed but she held it in.

“HE KISSED YOU?!” Eunhyuk was just about to explode.

“W-W-W-W-?” asked Jaehyun but stop immediately only focusing on his grip. “AAAHHH!!” shouted Jaehyun. Eunhyuk took notice of what he was doing and let go immediately and she fell to the floor.

“Jaehyun! Are you okay?” asked Eunhyuk. “M-M-Mianhae-“ said Eunhyuk just about to touch her shoulder until something unexpected happened.

WACK!

Jaehyun slapped his hand away softly. She had tears forming in her eyes and she backed away from Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk moved forward but Jaehyun slapped his face. She held her shoulders that were now red and numb. Eunhyuk held his cheek where Jaehyun hit him.

“J-J-Jaehyun-“

“No, just-just…” said Jaehyun but couldn’t say anything due to the pain and shock. Eunhyuk looked at her shoulder then back into her eyes.

“M-M-M-Mian-“ said Eunhyuk then stopped immediately as he was now being filled with guilt. Hye-Jin entered the room and she immediately ran to Jaehyun’s aid.

“Jaehyun! What happened? Why is your shoulder so red?” asked Hye-Jin. Jaehyun just kept staring at Eunhyuk. Hye-Jin looked at Eunhyuk’s blank face then back at Jaehyun.

“What’s going on?” asked Hye-Jin.

“N-Nothing…” replied Eunhyuk. There was an awkward silence until Hye-Jin helped Jaehyun back up to her feet. Jaehyun just stayed quiet, but usually she would’ve put up a fight with him. Now she was quiet.

“Go to your room,” ordered Hye-Jin. After Jaehyun left the room Hye-Jin immediately turned to Eunhyuk and started scolding him. “Sit,” ordered Hye-Jin pointing to the chair beside her. Eunhyuk did as he was ordered.

“YA! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?!” snapped Hye-Jin.

“Mianhae,” said Eunhyuk.

“DON’T ‘MIANHAE’ ME! I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO TAKE CARE OF HER!” shouted Hye-Jin.

“Mianhae,” was all Eunhyuk as he lowered his head and kept in his tears.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?! YOU COULD’VE BROKEN HER ARMS OFF!”

“Mianhae.”

“STOP SAYING THAT!” shouted Hye-Jin. She breathed in and out calming herself down and spoke in a softer voice. “What happened, Eunhyuk?” asked Hye-Jin.

“I got angry because she went out with Nichkhun, mianhae,” replied Eunhyuk.

“Bwo? She went out with Nichkhun?” asked Hye-Jin. Eunhyuk nodded as tears started falling from his eyes. “Why did you get angry?”

“I don’t know…” replied Eunhyuk sniffing. Hye-Jin sat next to him then he laid his head on her shoulder.

“I got so angry I didn’t know what I was doing. Why did Nichkhun have to come when we were having such a good time? Then Jaehyun forgot all about me… Hye-Jin noona… am I jealous?” asked Eunhyuk. Hye-Jin sighed before hesitating to reply.

“Maybe… but promise me you’ll never ever do that again. Arasso?” asked Hye-jin in her threatening voice.

“A-A-Arasso,” replied Eunhyuk just about to flinch.

Jaehyun heard the whole conversation. Was Eunhyuk actually jealous?
--

I’m so sorry I haven’t updated in a long time! Damn school >.<